Post your best organizational, space saving and trip making secrets here!!

My tip isn't as much packing as a tip for something to PACK and buy before heading to WDW.

Purchase a WATER camera for your waterpark days! They even have a rubberband bracelet on them so you can carry them around IN the water and on the waterslides! I got some GREAT pics I wouldn't have been able to get with my regular camera, b/c it stayed safely back at the dry resort! :)

You can purchase them at WDW, but they are going to be twice the price!

Wow, I just speed-read through this entire thread. Great stuff! And I thought I was pretty savvy about this kind of stuff...

Anyway, I wanted to let folks know about this cool organizer I found at Walmart online. The upper half has 7 compartments (2 have zippers) and the lower half is a removeable drawstring laundry bag. It was definitely on the pricey side at $16 (I think), but since I have had ZERO luck finding a standard shoe organizer ANYWHERE for less than $8, I felt this was actually a good deal. AND it weighs less than 1 lb. Probably best for couples or small families, but here's a link if you're interested:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10024033

It's kind of ugly in the pic, but it's actually a partially transparent silvery nylon fabric.

Oooh, I love that idea! I'll have to go look for one at the Dollar Tree when I get our ponchos. Thanks!:thumbsup2

Where do you find ponchos in the Dollar Tree? I must have gone up and down every aisle 3 times a could not find one? Found lots of other stuff though:rotfl:

Where do you find ponchos in the Dollar Tree? I must have gone up and down every aisle 3 times a could not find one? Found lots of other stuff though

At our Dollar tree they are located on a rack just inside the door, along with umbrellas and such.

We always pack an extra poncho and small chip clips for the stroller. The rain cover just doesn't cover the whole thing, so when it is a downpour and we are headed inside to a ride or show, we just throw the poncho over the stroller and clip it tight. Works great!

Hope this is helpful to some....I found these hooks called "Mommy's Helper" at Babies R Us for about $6.00 that you can hook on to your stoller and it holds packages so you are not lugging things around the park. Even if you are staying on site and have packages sent to your room, I envision using this for my kid's backpacks when they get tired of carrying them. Also recently saw a similar hook in Petsmart for about $4.00.

I like to bring a power strip so I can recharge all my electronics: Cell phones, cameras, iPods, PSPs, NDS, ect... It.s easier when you have to charge multiple things at once.

I also bring clothes pins to keep the curtains shut in the hotel rooms. I always hate it whe n that sliver of light sneaks through wen I am trying to sleep.

If you plan on doing laundry, you can always use those trusty Ziploc bags to bring pre-measured one load bags. You should only need a couple.

Hope this is helpful to some....I found these hooks called "Mommy's Helper" at Babies R Us for about $6.00 that you can hook on to your stoller and it holds packages so you are not lugging things around the park. Even if you are staying on site and have packages sent to your room, I envision using this for my kid's backpacks when they get tired of carrying them. Also recently saw a similar hook in Petsmart for about $4.00.

Carbiner clips are useful for this too - I bought a few inexpensive ones which I have permanently stashed in my luggage. My DD's have a couple too, to clip the occasional extra bag/ item onto their backpacks for school

* Glo necklaces have been mentioned, but I wanted to say that I buy these to help keep track of my DDs at night. Of course they aren't the only kids wearing this stuff, but it does help and makes me feel better in the nighttime crowds. I make them wear the same color necklace on the same night so I know to look for two "green" girls or "orange" girls.

I have trouble seeing in the dark, so we do this too.

I hang a few of the bracelets from their belt loops in the back as well.

Wal-Mart has ponchos for $0.88 in the camping section.

Ok, I've posted this before but I can't remember if it was here or not. So, just in case! My DMIL gave us sponges that were soaked with dishsoap that had dried. I was reading about the much missed Palmolive towels and I thought I would suggest this instead. She even cut them into Mickey heads! That way, we didn't have to take down any liquid soap and we could wash up plates, spoons, and sippy cups for DS.

I've also found giant (I mean giant!) ziplock bags recently at our Dollar Tree. They come in L, XL, and XXL. I'm sure someone already mentioned those too, but we use them for everything. Packing, toys, swim stuff. I used one the other day to keep a cake from drying out that was on a tall cakeplate. Way faster than foil and the whole cake was covered.

DH and I take a handful of clothesline type clamps to hang a towel over the vent. They were from Ace and came in a giant tube for $3.99 for around 25, all sorts of sizes. It seems like the air would blow right on to the bed and we wake up with sore throats. This way, it still keeps the room cool but goes straight down instead. They also helped keep a stroller cover down in the back.

We use hooks with suction cups to hang the suits in the shower so they don't leave water all over the bathroom floor.

We bought a waterproof carrier that keeps our keys, cash, and cell phone totally dry. That way, we can leave the bag behind without risking the important stuff. DH just puts it in the zippered pocket of his suit.

I did read way back in the beginning of the thread someone that said they used the icebucket for a bathroom caddy. :scared1: I know the last ice bucket we used had dirt and dust in it, so I'll pack my fold down shower bag instead. And, at the risk of sharing too much, I used one for a morning sickness receptacle instead of not making it to the bathroom. I just threw it away and said someone took it while I was getting ice. I don't think they believed the story, but that's ok. :rolleyes1

DH and I take a handful of clothesline type clamps to hang a towel over the vent.
We use hooks with suction cups to hang the suits in the shower so they don't leave water all over the bathroom floor.

Great ideas! I have never been to the POP...don't they have a clothesline in the bathroom that pulls out of the wall to the other side?

Great ideas! I have never been to the POP...don't they have a clothesline in the bathroom that pulls out of the wall to the other side?

Pop does have the extendable clothes line in the bathtub. I never knew that until our last trip (after I had read it on the Disboards).

I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said, but I just wanted to say that this thread rocks my socks! Lots of great ideas! Thanks. :thumbsup2

I know everyone talks about doing everything short of tattooing their cell phone numbers to their kids foreheads incase they wonder off, but this is one more tip. From my personal experience I think it might help. I'm going to do it along with the dog pendant on the shoe laces.

Give your kids a picture of you, so that just incase they get lost then they have a picture they can give to the CMs. You can write all your info on the back of picture, Cell #, where you are staying, ….

I helped a little brat at Busch Gardens find his grandmother only because earlier in the day they were in line near us and he was being a brat, otherwise I wouldn’t have remembered them. She was right a round the corner with her back turned while she was taking care of an infant, and the Employee that was helping the kid had no idea that she was less than 30ft from him.

Just a suggestion.

:love:I tend to overpack, but the one thing I forgot last time was lysol spray and the travel pack of windex wipes. DD7 got the stomach bug on the last night & boy were we wishing we had those 2 items. I'll NEVER, NEVER leave home without them again!

1. Don't overpack. you can do laundry while sunning at your resort pool. DO NOT pack things like beach towels from home
2. bring extra plastic hangers to hang your tops and delicates after wash
so you don't pay for a dryer
3. pack a small supply of your commonly used OTC medicines,bandaids,first aid cream, etc.--don't waste good souvenir money on those
4. bring along a must-read paperback novel(s)for the air flight and resort relaxing. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter