Post your best organizational, space saving and trip making secrets here!!

Yes, you can get funnel cake at Sleepy Hollow in the Magic Kingdom, and also at the American pavilion in Epcot World Showcase - yum! :goodvibes

Bump! we always do temporary tattoos and I never thought about making my own!! Where did you say you got the paper?

I LOVE this thread!! I've been reading it on and off all day long. :surfweb:

Tomorrow I'm hitting our local Dollar Tree to look for some more stuff like:
over the door shoe organizer
inflatable floaties to use at pool then toss
inflatable ball to toss around resort room
chamois (either DT or most likely W/M,target)
small containers of bubbles to entertain kids while waiting in lines
disney stickers to possibly decorate autograph books which I may make out of
spiral bound 4x6 index cards (autogr on right page, then glue pic of kids w/
character on the left hand page)

and Target for:
clip on chapstick,sunscreen and hand sanitizer
2 boxes of handiwipes
plug-in air freshener

I'm sure there's more, too! Thank you all so much for these awesome tips.
I only have one I can add, and it came from another Diser so I can't take credit for it...she posted it quite recently. She listed it as something to bring on the plane to keep kids entertained, but it's small enough where I might keep it a secret until we're waiting in the long lines for rides. Take a water or soda bottle (like 20oz or so) and use it for an Ispy game. Throw in things like rice, confetti, buttons, coins, beads , small toys, small foam shapes, dice, pompoms and whatever else you can think of and entertain your kids for a while.

Someone else put on the same thread (for airplanes) to pack sticky notes and scotch tape. I don't know about you guys, but that'll keep my kids busy for probably a good 30mins!:rotfl:

I can't wait to read any new tips that appear here. Keep it going! I have just over 4 months til my family goes to WDW for the first time and I need all the help I can get.

Carrie

Ok, I know this may be kinda out there.....but
how about a small book on origami and a few sheets of paper.
If you take it with you while waiting for food at some of the table service meals maybe? I would almost be willing to bet they sell them at epcot in Japan. Not sure, just saying I figure they would. I have seen all sorts of sizes of those books in barnes and noble. Could prove to be fun for everyone old enough to read and follow directions.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I found it to be priceless our last trip. We took Foam Garden Kneeling Pads to sit on for parades and shows. They really help "pad" your bottom!! Target has some small/ thinner versions in their dollar bins in pink and green. I saw them there last night... ours were thicker, but I think they'd do the job! Especially at HS with all the seated shows!!

Sorry that doesn't have anything to do with space saving or organization... I guess I went OT!!

we buy our glow sticks from ebay, I get 1000 for about $50-$60 and they last us 3 years. The kids love to have glows sticks every night and we don't like to buy new ones all the time.

-we decorate our stroller with them
-we decorate others strollers with them (that is our RAOK at night in DL)
-we then reuse some from that evening to use as a night light in the bathroom

They are great to use for parties at home and what ever else at night.

Just found the glo stuff at dollar tree. They even have a glo "hat" kit. I can not wait till we can give THAT to our ds9. He is gonna love building it..and laugh!:lmao: We go the glo " beach ball" :bored:for my dd2 Thats gonne be fun too! They also have them for the neck and wrist. Enjoy!

I don't know if anyone has posted about these yet....

Purex makes a new laundry sheet. It has detergent, softener and anti-static in a sheet that you throw in the washer & dryer. Much easier to pack and transport than liquid detergent :thumbsup2

Just make sure you try out the new detergent BEFORE you go to make sure nobody in the group has skin issues with the detergent on their clothes. That would be frustrationg to go and find someone has itchy skin while in 95* weather, huh. If all works well... then WHAT A GREAT PRODUCT! I saw them in the store the other day and was tempted to get some. Im still thinking about it.

Just make sure you try out the new detergent BEFORE you go to make sure nobody in the group has skin issues with the detergent on their clothes. That would be frustrationg to go and find someone has itchy skin while in 95* weather, huh. If all works well... then WHAT A GREAT PRODUCT! I saw them in the store the other day and was tempted to get some. Im still thinking about it.

This is a great suggestion. We have never had this issue, so it never occurred to me. Thanks!

I have read this entire thread and have a handy Word document with tons of tips on it. And so I wanted to add one that I don’t remember seeing.

My DS11 wears glasses and as you can guess, they get filthy. I don’t like to carry around even the small bottles of cleaner but wiping them on regular cloth doesn’t always work. Wal-mart carries individually wrapped glass wipes especially for glasses (No chemicals that could damage any coatings). I don’t remember exactly how much a box was but I think we got like 24 for $4 or less. I throw a few in our bag and use them on his glasses or our sunglasses if needed.

I have read this entire thread and have a handy Word document with tons of tips on it. And so I wanted to add one that I don’t remember seeing.

My DS11 wears glasses and as you can guess, they get filthy. I don’t like to carry around even the small bottles of cleaner but wiping them on regular cloth doesn’t always work. Wal-mart carries individually wrapped glass wipes especially for glasses (No chemicals that could damage any coatings). I don’t remember how much a box was but we got like 24 for $4 or less. I throw a few in our bag and use them on his glasses or our sunglasses if needed.

Oh and another GLASSES one. BUY a repair kit at your local grocery store. *they are about $1. If you happen to break your glasses in disney it's a disaster. And an expensive one- We did buy a repair kit. For the low price of $20!

Oh and another GLASSES one. BUY a repair kit at your local grocery store. *they are about $1. If you happen to break your glasses in disney it's a disaster. And an expensive one- We did buy a repair kit. For the low price of $20!

We had that happen on our trip to NYC last year! Walmart has or used to have kits that were made into a key chain.

Another some other eye sight related tips are for contact wearers.

1. Always pack at least one extra pair of contacts
2. Instead of carrying bottle of contact solution, just carry your case with you filled with solution. You can use as little as you need to.

Another option for broken glasses (happened to me on our 1st trip to WDW and we drove) is to go to Walmart and have them fix it. Mine was a simple repair (the screw that held my glasses together fell and I couldn'tfind a very tiny screw). Nose pieces they will also replace (at least that's my experience) and I didn't even get them there.

We had that happen on our trip to NYC last year! Walmart has or used to have kits that were made into a key chain.

Another some other eye sight related tips are for contact wearers.

1. Always pack at least one extra pair of contacts
2. Instead of carrying bottle of contact solution, just carry your case with you filled with solution. You can use as little as you need to.

An alternative is just to carry a bottle of eye drops for contacts. You can put it in your eyes if you get something in them, and if really needed you can even use them to rinse off a lens. And the bottles are a lot smaller than travel saline bottles.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I found it to be priceless our last trip. We took Foam Garden Kneeling Pads to sit on for parades and shows. They really help "pad" your bottom!! Target has some small/ thinner versions in their dollar bins in pink and green. I saw them there last night... ours were thicker, but I think they'd do the job! Especially at HS with all the seated shows!!

Sorry that doesn't have anything to do with space saving or organization... I guess I went OT!!

We got these things called Pocket Seats (http://www.pocketseat.com/).

They are small inflatable seat cushions, that you can roll up pretty small. They only take a minute to inflate. They are great for Fantasmic and for parades! They are the same concept as the bath pillows that I've seen people mention, but these are heavier than bath pillows, and specifically made to sit on.

My favorite trick that I read in a parenting magazine a long time ago is to put the littler kids' clothes in gallon size ziplock bags. Put the entire outfit (shorts, top, underwear, socks, even hair barrettes and hats), except for the shoes, in a bag, and bring as many bags as days, plus a few extras. This keeps the suitcases in great order, and all the kid has to do to get dressed in the morning is grab a bag. As a bonus, you end up with a lot of gallon size ziplock bags, which are great for everything from wet bathing suits to open bags of snacks.

This is a fantastic idea, I read it before our last trip and did just that! The ziplocks are also great for storing the dirty clothes or wet suits!!!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter