Post Your Rescheduled/Relocated Resort Date Here

Using the same format:
My dates were: 7/2-7/7
Rescheduled to 7/19-7/28
My original resort was: Beach Club
I originally booked using AP discount
I am being moved to: Fort Wilderness Cabin
My cost increase/decrease is: $50-$60/night
Wouldn’t the cabins be a lot cheaper than beach club ? Did you ask for that move

At this time only FW and the DVC resorts are opening, so she could not offer me anything else. Said these were the only ones they were able to book at this time.

I was at POP originally and the CM offered FW cabin and Old Key West Studio since they are the two that are closest in price to my original price at POP since I was moving my dates to November and not just keeping the same dates.
Were you given an option to pay for a more expensive resort? We were booked Pop with free dining but wondered if we would be allowed to pay a discounted difference. The CM I spoke to eluded to "discounted rates" for upgrades.

Wouldn’t the cabins be a lot cheaper than beach club ? Did you ask for that move
I had an AP discount for my BC dates, but the new dates I wanted (after parks open) does not currently have an AP rate available. I did not specifically choose the cabins, but I was told this was the cheapest available for the new dates I wanted.

Were you given an option to pay for a more expensive resort? We were booked Pop with free dining but wondered if we would be allowed to pay a discounted difference. The CM I spoke to eluded to "discounted rates" for upgrades.
Yes, you are given the option to pay the difference and it is at the discounted rate.

Yes, you are given the option to pay the difference and it is at the discounted rate.

Only when changing dates, if discount is available. For those being moved for no additional charge, they are not given the option to pay for something else.

That’s good! I thought they were charging rack rates if you wanted a different DVC resort. Or is that only if you change dates?

That’s good! I thought they were charging rack rates if you wanted a different DVC resort. Or is that only if you change dates?
well you would have had to have the free dining offer or bounceback to qualify for the 35% off room I believe I could be wrong tho

Yes, I could have booked a different resort and would have got it with the discount (35%) but I was trying to stay close to my original budget.

My dates were: 7/10-7/17
I am keeping my dates
I originally booked using: Rebooking from our May Trip with Free Dining offer
Last night my reservation was deleted from MDE, and then today I got an entirely new resort confirmation number, but still Beach Club (not villas), for the same dates, just change in price.
My cost increase/decrease is: 35% off rack rate of room
I made my original reservation through a Disney TA: She says they may still move our resort later but are not doing that at this time, which seems super weird since some others have been moved. Don't know why they would go through the motions of giving us a totally new reservation confirmation at a resort they know will not be open.??
I was contacted a few weeks ago by Disney about the dining plan being canceled and the 35% off room credit, and then today by my TA about the new reservation reflecting that price.
There are 2 adults, 3 children in my party

My dates were: 7/10-7/17
I am keeping my dates
I originally booked using: Rebooking from our May Trip with Free Dining offer
Last night my reservation was deleted from MDE, and then today I got an entirely new resort confirmation number, but still Beach Club (not villas), for the same dates, just change in price.
My cost increase/decrease is: 35% off rack rate of room
I made my original reservation through a Disney TA: She says they may still move our resort later but are not doing that at this time, which seems super weird since some others have been moved. Don't know why they would go through the motions of giving us a totally new reservation confirmation at a resort they know will not be open.??
I was contacted a few weeks ago by Disney about the dining plan being canceled and the 35% off room credit, and then today by my TA about the new reservation reflecting that price.
There are 2 adults, 3 children in my party
They are only modifying reservations for departures though 7/10, so they will not modify your resort just yet. What they did is take out the free dining plan and apply the 35% off. Any modifications to resorts will come in a later wave.

We have the sun and fun discount.
They aren’t recognizing Sun & Fun because it’s not currently available—they ended it early.

It is possible they applied the Sun and Fun discount to my Kidani stay July 15-19. I wouldn't have thought it because it's still $1600 (including tax) for a four night stay but someone mentioned rack rates are shown at one of the blog-type sites and it had my room as $518 (including tax) during that time which would then be closer to $2100 so they probably did apply the Sun and Fun discount, it's just that it felt like so much money compared to my All Star Movies stay that I thought it was rack rate until I saw that site.

It is possible they applied the Sun and Fun discount to my Kidani stay July 15-19. I wouldn't have thought it because it's still $1600 (including tax) for a four night stay but someone mentioned rack rates are shown at one of the blog-type sites and it had my room as $518 (including tax) during that time which would then be closer to $2100 so they probably did apply the Sun and Fun discount, it's just that it felt like so much money compared to my All Star Movies stay that I thought it was rack rate until I saw that site.
Yes that seems they applied the discount. Did you already have the sun and fun discount on your All Star reservation?

That would be the fair thing to do. We booked the sun and fun discount as soon as it came out. Hopefully if we change dates they will let us keep it.

I agree! But I haven't heard of anyone keeping discounts, even AP discounts. :( Waiting to modify my July 9th reservation, we want to keep the dates but need information on where we will be staying and if we can go to the parks when they open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter