Post Your Wedding Cake

Here's the first pic of ours.

I'll try to remember to post a better picture when our shots from Randy come in.

RobScottCake.jpg
[/

As promised, here are some better pictures of our cake. Still no Randy pics, but these are MUCH better.

20080928_0646.jpg

20080928_0647.jpg

20080928_0647.jpg

20080928_0649.jpg

I never thought the day would come where I could actually post my own!

Our wedding cake
9aaaaa.JPG

Our Bengals are on it... Emily is on the top, Neechee is on top of the rock in the middle.

9aaaaaa.JPG

I also got Rob a grooms cake.
9aaa.JPG

This is his truck, with Neechee driving the truck. There are paper towel rolls all over the truck, because Neechee likes shredding them.

9aaaa.JPG

The truck was so accurate; it even included Rob's license plate!

OMG your cake is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never thought the day would come where I could actually post my own!

Our wedding cake
9aaaaa.JPG

Our Bengals are on it... Emily is on the top, Neechee is on top of the rock in the middle.

9aaaaaa.JPG

I also got Rob a grooms cake.
9aaa.JPG

This is his truck, with Neechee driving the truck. There are paper towel rolls all over the truck, because Neechee likes shredding them.

9aaaa.JPG

The truck was so accurate; it even included Rob's license plate!

I have been waiting AGES to see your cake!! It's beautiful! I love the kitties!! How cute, and totally you!!:lovestruc

Quick question for all who had a Mad Hatter Cake...My DBF says that I told him that they don't taste so good but I don't remember telling him that at all :confused3

So How did it taste??

My DBF says that I told him that they don't taste so good but I don't remember telling him that at all :confused3

He's crazy! :upsidedow All Disney cakes are made from the same recipes, just in different shapes. So the Mad Hatter Cake tastes just like every other cake. Perhaps someone mentioned something about fondant not tasting very good, but most Disney wedding cakes are covered in fondant and they remove it before the cake is served. :thumbsup2

I have been waiting AGES to see your cake!! It's beautiful! I love the kitties!! How cute, and totally you!!:lovestruc

Thanks, Jennifer! I hoped you would love it, fellow devotee of wedding cakes. :)

I'm so glad you think it's me too. We wanted it to reflect us.

jennifaerie-- That c ake is amazing! How did you get that idea?!

Thank you!!

We really didn't get the idea ourselves. The pastry chef asked us about ourselves, and we told her what was important to us. I also showed her a bunch of cakes we really loved. She came up with the idea and provided us with a sketch of what she was thinking. It was perfect.

Hi Everyone!!!

I was wondering what Disney offered for castle cakes? I've seen the castle cake topper but didn't know if they were able to make a cake in the shape of a castle?

Not yet married, but this will be ours:
FallWhiteCake.jpg

The only difference is that the leaves will have a powder dusting to make the leaves more fall-like.
Cake topper (or next to the cake - haven't figured that one out yet):
MickeyandMinnieCar.jpg

cassata (white french vanilla cake with strawberries and vanilla cream filling), and german chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and toffee chips filling.

...but lemon cake with lemon cream mixed with fresh raspberries sounds really good too!

ETA on 1/4/08: The Mickey and Minnie is no longer available on the Lenox website. If someone finds it on EBay or if it magically appears back on the Lenox site, please let me know! Thanks!

Hi everyone! Though it wasn't a disney wedding, this was the pic that I gave my baker - and this was the result!

YF78 -- that is absolutely beautiful!! What is on the lower left in the picture? A small figure?

It has been forever since I have been on the boards. I got married back on May 31st of this year. Here is our cake. It was alternating layers of strawberry an key lime. Yum!!
img_6945.jpg

Silly question - I'm from the UK, so I'm not really sure....but is buttercream what we would call butter icing? And fondant, like the roll-out-icing you put on Christmas cakes?!

It's just that lots of people on this thread say they take off the fondant/don't eat it so I was just wondering if it is actually edible!!! :rotfl:

Silly question - I'm from the UK, so I'm not really sure....but is buttercream what we would call butter icing? And fondant, like the roll-out-icing you put on Christmas cakes?!

It's just that lots of people on this thread say they take off the fondant/don't eat it so I was just wondering if it is actually edible!!! :rotfl:

fondant is edible (i ate some of mine) but it is very hard and thick so mostly peeled away
buttercream is sugar and fat whipped together to make icing..i am not sure if it is actually butter, but when I worked at Publix bakery, it was shortening

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter