Post Your Wedding Cake

We just had our reception (5 months delayed!- We were married in May in Vegas!) I loved our cake and loved keeping an eye on this thread..

Cake.jpg

We had our bakery use all buttercream-no fondant!

We just had our reception (5 months delayed!- We were married in May in Vegas!) I loved our cake and loved keeping an eye on this thread..

Cake.jpg

We had our bakery use all buttercream-no fondant!

OMG I love that!!!

We've been married for 25 years and although I have no occasion to warrant a big 2 tier cake, I LOVE THE MAD HATTER CAKE, and wish wish wish I had a reason to order it and the amount of people to eat it!

Our Reception is in a few weeks and we have been working out the final details of our cake with our baker. I'm so excited to see how it turns out.

Here is our cake. It is a 3 tier Mickey Wave Cake with the white chocolate castle topper. I loved it!

DSC03858.jpg

Here is our cake. It is a 3 tier Mickey Wave Cake with the white chocolate castle topper. I loved it!

DSC03858.jpg

I want to have the Mickey Wave cake too, I have a question about the topper, is it made of food, you said white chocolate?? I was just wondering if the topper was something you can take with you, didnt know if it was made of food or not..

Thanks

Silly question - I'm from the UK, so I'm not really sure....but is buttercream what we would call butter icing? And fondant, like the roll-out-icing you put on Christmas cakes?!

It's just that lots of people on this thread say they take off the fondant/don't eat it so I was just wondering if it is actually edible!!! :rotfl:

Hi

I think buttercream and butter icing are the same, just butter, icing sugar (and usually a flavouring added).

Fondant is the same roll out icing that we get over here and it is edible....I love fondant icing. I think in the US, they use the buttercream sometimes to spread all over the outside of the cake and we Brits don't tend to do that alot. Also, fondant should not be hard, it will get a bit firmer when it stands but generally stays soft, if it was hard, I wouldn't eat it as I would think it was stale.

HTH

Thanks for clearing up the whole buttercream/fondant thing. But let's face it, I'll eat it either way because it's cake!! :rotfl:

I want to have the Mickey Wave cake too, I have a question about the topper, is it made of food, you said white chocolate?? I was just wondering if the topper was something you can take with you, didnt know if it was made of food or not..

Thanks

Yes the entire castle is made out of white chocolate. We saved it and brought it home with us. Its sitting in my fridge now until I buy a glass dome for it.

Yes the entire castle is made out of white chocolate. We saved it and brought it home with us. Its sitting in my fridge now until I buy a glass dome for it.

Your castle should not be stored in a refrigerator. When you take it out of the fridge, it will become very wet and sticky. It will eventually dry a bit, but may remain a bit shiny.

Chocolate does not require refrigeration, only that it be kept cool enough to prevent melting.

I've read a few posts about Yacht Club making more than just a regular 10 inch cake with buttercream, which is what they told me they would do.

How would I go about getting a 10 inch cake covered in fondant with mickey stamps? Is this even possible, as indicated on some of the posts? Anyone know if there is a particular person at Yacht Club to discuss this with? Can I order a cake like this from the Boardwalk Bakery and have it delivered to Yachtsman Steakhouse?

Thanks for any info you can offer.

I am not sure about the current policy on having cakes delivered, but in July I special ordered an anniversary cake from the Boardwalk Bakery and picked it up. It was very reasonable and sooo yummy ! Have you checked the cake thread on the Restaurant forum ?

I've read a few posts about Yacht Club making more than just a regular 10 inch cake with buttercream, which is what they told me they would do.

How would I go about getting a 10 inch cake covered in fondant with mickey stamps? Is this even possible, as indicated on some of the posts? Anyone know if there is a particular person at Yacht Club to discuss this with? Can I order a cake like this from the Boardwalk Bakery and have it delivered to Yachtsman Steakhouse?

Thanks for any info you can offer.

Call the Yacht Club at 407-934-7000 and ask for In room dining they take the cake orders for the resort- tell them you need a custom cake - after you explain what you would like you might have to leave a number and wait someone to call you back sometimes you have to speak directly to the pastry team. They can tell you if they can do the Mickey stamps or not when you call.

Have the date, time and name of your reservation at the Yachtsman Steakhouse and they will deliver it to the resturant for you. They will need a credit card number also.

Have a great time!

I just got off the phone with Yacht Club Bakery to find out if they will do a 10 inch cake with white fondant, silver Mickey head stamps and my Lenox Mickey/Minnie (not a bride and groom) cake topper for our 25th anniversary and they said yes! I didn't think they'd do it, because last time I called they said they would only do 10 inch cakes with buttercream (don't remember who I spoke with). I'm very excited! We are doing a small celebration, so there are just a couple of things I wanted to make it even more special and the cake is one of them! Yeah!

I just got off the phone with Yacht Club Bakery to find out if they will do a 10 inch cake with white fondant, silver Mickey head stamps and my Lenox Mickey/Minnie (not a bride and groom) cake topper for our 25th anniversary and they said yes! I didn't think they'd do it, because last time I called they said they would only do 10 inch cakes with buttercream (don't remember who I spoke with). I'm very excited! We are doing a small celebration, so there are just a couple of things I wanted to make it even more special and the cake is one of them! Yeah!

Congrats! Glad to hear you are getting the cake you wanted!!

YF78 -- that is absolutely beautiful!! What is on the lower left in the picture? A small figure?

Sorry! Never saw this post! Apparently :rolleyes: it's something that my mother put on my birth cake, christening cake, communion cake, a few birthday cakes...and somehow it made it on my wedding cake.

Here is a picture of the cake topper I want to use on our anniversary cake. It's going to be a 10 inch cake with fondant icing with silver mickey head stamps. I'm wondering if anyone has ideas for decorating around the cake topper so that it's not to plain looking?
TIA

ry%3D400

I read on an earlier post on this thread that the cake was able to be served with the fondant on it because it was covered in sugar crystals. I'm confused...they don't take the fondant off a cake before serving it do they? Why would they when fondant is edible?

I read on an earlier post on this thread that the cake was able to be served with the fondant on it because it was covered in sugar crystals. I'm confused...they don't take the fondant off a cake before serving it do they? Why would they when fondant is edible?

I just had a cake in Sept at the Yachtsman Steakhouse and the fondant was left on it - it is edible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter