POT (Proof of Time) Race Equivalency Cutoff Confirmed Times

I was able to change mine right after I signed up, I'm glad they didn't lock us out of doing that. I am sad that I don't have time to run another race before the cutoff, I had been thinking I could do a spring race. My best POT race aged out of being eligible for this round of signups and I thought I had more time to get a new one.

I know that I'm asking that people to look into a crystal ball, but what is the likelihood that the POT will remain the same for the Dopey Challenge 2025? Does anyone think that they might go back to the pre-2023 POT standard to get into Corral A?

So just to confirm...I just signed up for the Disneyland Halloween half, and my fastest recent 10k is 1:10, not 1:08. (and fastest recent half is 2:35) I should NOT submit it, right? Both the 10k and half times I have are soooooo close, I really wish I could find a 10k near me this weekend or next weekend to smash!

Registered for the half and went back to add POT, some more possibly dumb questions:
  1. Does “race name for proof of time” mean the name of the race or my name?
  2. Race results website: mine links to all the participants and they need to search my name. Is this ok? I can’t seem to generate a unique link although I do have a completion certificate.
  3. My race does chip time and clock time. Not a big difference for me because I started near the front but assuming they want the chip time!
Thanks!

Registered for the half and went back to add POT, some more possibly dumb questions:
  1. Does “race name for proof of time” mean the name of the race or my name?
  2. Race results website: mine links to all the participants and they need to search my name. Is this ok? I can’t seem to generate a unique link although I do have a completion certificate.
  3. My race does chip time and clock time. Not a big difference for me because I started near the front but assuming they want the chip time!
Thanks!
1. Name of the race (not your name)
2. Yes, it is okay for the link to be to results of all the participants- or at least that is how I have done it.
3. Chip time! 😁

Does anyone know how strict RD has been with the POT race needing to be in the “prior two years” lately? I recall hearing post covid that they weren’t being as strict since races in 2020 and part of 2021 were nonexistent.

Goal is to sign up for my first Dopey 2025 (Fingers crossed for registration 🤞🏼). My current half PR is 2:12 from October 2022, just outside the 2:08 half guideline for the Marathon. I was just planning on selecting the 1st non-POT pace range because I didn’t feel like dealing with it. But if the DL Halloween Half POT is any indication of what it might be for DW races, this will likely change my plan.

Trying to decide if I need to squeeze another half in this year or will my race from Oct 2022 will still be okay?

Does anyone know how strict RD has been with the POT race needing to be in the “prior two years” lately? I recall hearing post covid that they weren’t being as strict since races in 2020 and part of 2021 were nonexistent.

Goal is to sign up for my first Dopey 2025 (Fingers crossed for registration 🤞🏼). My current half PR is 2:12 from October 2022, just outside the 2:08 half guideline for the Marathon. I was just planning on selecting the 1st non-POT pace range because I didn’t feel like dealing with it. But if the DL Halloween Half POT is any indication of what it might be for DW races, this will likely change my plan.

Trying to decide if I need to squeeze another half in this year or will my race from Oct 2022 will still be okay? 🤷🏻‍♀️from the rundisney
  • Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race on a USATF certified course reflecting results between January 1, 2022, and March 1, 2024, and must be one of the below listed distances.
  • Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race on a USATF certified course reflecting results between January 1, 2022, and March 1, 2024, and must be one of the below listed distances.
  • If they use about the same timeframe you may be good,

• If they use about the same timeframe you may be good,
Great news, thank you!!! Completely missed where there were those specific dates were mentioned!

I know that I'm asking that people to look into a crystal ball, but what is the likelihood that the POT will remain the same for the Dopey Challenge 2025? Does anyone think that they might go back to the pre-2023 POT standard to get into Corral A?

Impossible to say definitively, but if I were runDIsney, I don't see much incentive to dropping the Corral A requirement down to 3:40 marathon equivalent or sub 1:50 HM (for non-marathon races) equivalent. The current Corral A cutoff (4:00hr M and 2:00hr HM (for non-marathon)) gives them a decent number of runners in Corral A without being overburdened. Dropping Corral A to a lower time standard would only serve to increase the number of runners in Corral B (which at this point is already fairly even split between the two), and if they maintain 5-6 total corrals, then I don't see the benefit for them.

Impossible to say definitively, but if I were runDIsney, I don't see much incentive to dropping the Corral A requirement down to 3:40 marathon equivalent or sub 1:50 HM (for non-marathon races) equivalent. The current Corral A cutoff (4:00hr M and 2:00hr HM (for non-marathon)) gives them a decent number of runners in Corral A without being overburdened. Dropping Corral A to a lower time standard would only serve to increase the number of runners in Corral B (which at this point is already fairly even split between the two), and if they maintain 5-6 total corrals, then I don't see the benefit for them.
Do you think that that is why they raised the threshold in the first place? In order to even out the distribution of runners between corrals A and B?

Do you think that that is why they raised the threshold in the first place? In order to even out the distribution of runners between corrals A and B?

No, I think they raised the cap on the POT because there are enough people in the 2:15-2:30 range that voiced their opinion that the system should go back as such. I still think that instead of absorbing the 2:15-2:30 crowd into Corral B, they'll have a third POT corral of 2:15-2:30 like they've had in the past. Same as Corral C now, except without the non-POT runners.

Based on this data from 2018-2020,

1708032586003.png

About 9-10% of the field would be in Corral A (sub 4 or sub 2:00), 8-10% of the field in Corral B (sub 4:30 or sub 2:15), and 8-10% of the field in Corral C (sub 5:00 or sub 2:30). That's a good distribution for POT runners. It's possible they do 15% and 15% (like a Corral A cutoff of 4:15 or 2:07:30, and Corral B cutoff of 4:30 and 2:15), but I find that less likely.

The remaining 70% of the field would be in Corral D, E, and F. Based on the data above, I would assume 35-45% in Corral D (fastest non-POT), 10-15% in Corral E (sub 6 or sub 3) and 25% in Corral F (6-7 hrs and 3-3:30 hrs).

For everyone not following the Wine & Dine thread, POT for W&D 2024 is 2:30, and the eligible race window is January 1, 2022-May 1, 2024

So the 2023 Wine and Dine POT deadline was 8/1/23 and now it is 5/1/24 for the 2024 version. So they moved the deadline back 3 extra months. So based on this, I would guess the other deadlines will be moved to something like (but this remains to be seen):

Disneyland Halloween
POT Deadline - 3/1/24 (~6 months prior to race weekend)

Wine and Dine
Old POT Deadline - 8/1/23
New POT Deadline - 5/1/24 (~6 months prior to race weekend)

Marathon Weekend
Old POT Deadline - 9/26/23
New POT Deadline - 6/26/24 (~6 months prior to race weekend)

Disneyland Weekend
Old POT Deadline - 10/3/23
New POT Deadline - 7/3/24 (~6 months prior to race weekend)

Princess Weekend 2024
Old POT Deadline - 10/31/23
New POT Deadline - 7/31/24 (~7 months prior to race weekend)

Springtime Surprise 2024
Old POT Deadline - 1/9/24
New POT Deadline - 10/9/24 (~6 months prior to race weekend)

Sad to see the deadlines move back as I liked to see the opportunity for more time between registration and POT deadline for newer runners to hit their marks.

I'll also update the OP with the new 2:30 HM cutoff. I found an old version of runDisney's calculations for a 2:30 cutoff that they confirmed with me, so they should be reasonably solid.

It probably gives them a lot more time to check POT now that they’ve extended it to 2:30.

I really wish they would give us corral info ahead of time again.

Agree 100%. And based on the math prior in this post (link), I can see why they chose to give themselves a little extra time. If they truly do 100% verification, it's not a small endeavor.

I'll also update the OP with the new 2:30 HM cutoff. I found an old version of runDisney's calculations for a 2:30 cutoff that they confirmed with me, so they should be reasonably solid.
Thank you so much @DopeyBadger for all the great work you do around this for us DISers. I cannot find the post now, but at one point when we were speculating on bib numbers to corrals, I think you had posted a table or information on it and I cannot find it now. I just looked up my princess half bib and it's 786 (I am doing only the half marathon). Is it safe to assume this is a solid corral B bib? I submitted a PoT of a 58 minute 10k. I think that's a yes but I am seeing a ton of speculation on FB about expanded corral A and B fields but I think it's just wild guessing. Any ideas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter