POT (Proof of Time) Race Equivalency Cutoff Confirmed Times

I'm also a former corral C runner. This year was my first in B and my experience was so much better! I hope with the expanded POT it will extend to C and not overcrowd A and B. When I was in C I felt I was appropriately seeded at that time, however, I felt like there were many, many runners who were not and it impacted my ability to run and my overall experience. I had to arrive early and line up before the corrals opened to hopefully get to the front of C. No time for pictures or socializing really. And even then I was blocked by walkers right out of the gate. There is just no reason C needs to hold over 50% of the field. It doesn't make sense so hopefully this will alleviate the chaos that is corral C by making it another smaller POT corral. I worked hard to get my POT to get me out of C so I'm really hoping B isn't the new C. 😂

Also, my opinion, a lot of people dislike CrD getting B but I feel like there are way less CrD in B than there is misplaced runners in C. That corral is more problematic due to its size and the co-mingling of people intending to run a quicker pace and people from the back wanting/needing more time so they pick the first available non-POT time.

If rD had enough employees to check I think they should allow everyone to submit a POT from a valid race and seed every appropriately. Its benefit is two-fold: puts people in the appropriate corral as well as gets new runners experience in an official race (and supports local races!). Everyone is always complaining about lack of race etiquette and some of that is due to so many beginner runners at these races.
This was my experience at the Disneyland half. I put my estimated time at 2:30-2:45 which turned out to be my finish time even with a couple character stops. I was placed in corral F and realized the majority probably put 2:15 and were incorrectly placed in lower corrals. The corral was so crowded even getting there early and the first few miles I was weaving around people going at a very slow place. I had to go outside the course on the meridian for a while which felt unsafe but it was the only way to not walk.

I don’t remember having corral issues in the prior Disneyland races and didn’t expect this. I decided I won’t run another rD without a POT.

You’d might be surprised how few people can produce a sub 2:30 POT.
I would not be surprised! I love the inclusivity of run Disney. Most the participants at the Disneyland half did not look like they could do a sub 2:30 (not based on physical appearance but their running). Even for me with lots of training a sub 2:30 is hard but manageable and I’m close to my PR at sub 2:15. Trying to get faster with practice :)

That was what I meant. If POT is 2:30 and only the last corral is for people who don’t have one, it’s going to be humongous. If you keep the last corral for no POT, you’ll need to raise it.
I think they will space them out. At Disneyland my friend and I out 2:30 and did not submit POT. We were placed in separate corrals.

Question: hoping to register for the Halloween half tomorrow. I ran a 10k yesterday after training on pace and got a 56:30! What pace do I put for estimate on Halloween half? I’m not sure if this translates to 2-2:15 or 2:15-2:30?

Question: hoping to register for the Halloween half tomorrow. I ran a 10k yesterday after training on pace and got a 56:30! What pace do I put for estimate on Halloween half? I’m not sure if this translates to 2-2:15 or 2:15-2:30?

I think you are very solidly in the 2:00-2:15.

ETA: Although it seems like they are not using that fine a time bin.

Since that's under the cutoff time, you select under 2:30 and then put in your POT information. No need to select an estimate time. Although for the registration I'd just pick any time and then come back and edit it after you're registered.

Since that's under the cutoff time, you select under 2:30 and then put in your POT information. No need to select an estimate time. Although for the registration I'd just pick any time and then come back and edit it after you're registered.
There have been reports from the Club RunDisney early registration that the system isn't allowing PoT updates after registration for the Halloween Half, so be careful!

There have been reports from the Club RunDisney early registration that the system isn't allowing PoT updates after registration for the Halloween Half, so be careful!
I thought I saw an update that they were able to update it later, but maybe I'm imagining it.

Found it:
Hi everyone! Great news - I was able to log in to my account and change my time info entered during early registration (that I previously couldn't fix). Phew!

In addition, here's the response I received from Track Shack today:

Thanks for reaching out. Participants who registered for the Halloween Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend have until March 1, 2024 to log back into their registration to make and save any updates. If you are experiencing any technical issues to access your registration, we encourage reaching out to run Disney's Tech Support via the Contact Us form on runDisney.com. Select the race weekend as the topic and then the subject as Registration. In the comment field of the form, don't forget to mention that your registration is not allowing you to make and save any updates prior to the proof of time deadline.​
We wish you magical miles!​

I see, under 2:30 is all grouped together?

Thanks, do I submit the POT at registration or after? Do I just download the results? I don’t want to slow down my registration at all.

I see, under 2:30 is all grouped together?

Registration Run-Down w/ Images! (A comprehensive run-down of the registration process) & Part 2

This has tons of helpful info.

-At registration, select estimate of 2:30-2:45 as that is quickest for registering.
-After registered, go back into account and change to under 2:30, and then input the POT information.

Inputting POT at registration slows you down.

They are very likely to split POT runners into multiple corrals despite “under 2:30” being only a single choice at registration.

Inputting POT at registration slows you down.
I agree that it does but why do I keep hearing from folks on Facebook that they are getting locked out of doing this once they register? I wonder if it's a glitchy thing or if it's a change to the policy? Hearing these stories makes me nervous about not submitting the PoT.

I agree that it does but why do I keep hearing from folks on Facebook that they are getting locked out of doing this once they register? I wonder if it's a glitchy thing or if it's a change to the policy? Hearing these stories makes me nervous about not submitting the PoT.

A DIS member had the same occurrence posted in the Halloween thread from club runDisney. It has since been rectified. I highly doubt this is a new policy (not allowing changes to POT after registration). Goes against their stated policies. If I were registering I would do it as I stated above and then deal with POT issues with the months before it closes.

A DIS member had the same occurrence posted in the Halloween thread from club runDisney. It has since been rectified. I highly doubt this is a new policy (not allowing changes to POT after registration). Goes against their stated policies. If I were registering I would do it as I stated above and then deal with POT issues with the months before it closes.
Don’t forget that the deadline for POT changes for the Halloween races is still set as March 1, so everyone registering tomorrow should make their POT updates as soon as they can after registration, just in case that’s really the correct deadline (I still think rD made a mistake somewhere along the way, but as of right now, this is the deadline)

Don’t forget that the deadline for POT changes for the Halloween races is still set as March 1, so everyone registering tomorrow should make their POT updates as soon as they can after registration, just in case that’s really the correct deadline (I still think rD made a mistake somewhere along the way, but as of right now, this is the deadline)
That’s why I ran the superbowl Sunday race! Was hoping to have more time to prepare.

It’s still seems wild to me that the POT cutoff is so early

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter