Prawn Heads & Cupcakes & Soups, Oh My! 10/5 Complete (now with my Dining Wish List)!

You can admit it, you are among friends.... you are now addicted to Tyhoon Tilly's right???? :rotfl:

I'm just curious to see where you are dining mid-day. Actually, I'm sure it is pretty liberating to not have to be somewhere at a certain time!
Well now the big surprise meal is ruined. :rotfl: Just kidding - I haven't gotten food in a water park yet.

Have a great flight tomorrow! :yay:

Hmm...lots of cancellations. Curious to hear where you did eat.
The replacements might not be as exciting, but we're still definitely enjoying the food. :thumbsup2

Yay you for doing Summit Plummet ..... I am not so brave :laughing:
You should try it sometime! I actually think Summit Plummet is less 'painful' (that might not be the right way of saying it - perhaps I mean 'physically uncomfortable'?) than Slush Gusher! The first second of the drop is quite exhilarating, but it evens out very quickly. :)

BTW, I hope you all like the new thread title - an indication of what you can look forward to. ;)

I've actually always wanted to try the mini donuts that are at one of the water parks. Not gourmet, but looks like it would hit the spot.

From Wilderness Lodge, good night!

CD8F407F-A8DF-4578-8042-1135A383C123-1664-0000028833337B8D.jpg

Great DR Title!!! I'm sure Jabead can appreciate it!!

WL looks lovely. Thanks for the well wishes for our travel tomorrow. I'm doing much better than you with the sleep thing... I think I will get about 5 hrs. sleep before we leave!! :rotfl2:

Take care!

Beautiful pic of the WL lobby! How late did you take it that there are only 2 people in the picture? Hope you're enjoying your trip and lots of delicious food!

Your photography is very artistic, you must have been studied art. :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read and see your trip report. :) :dance3:

Love the pool slide photo!

Love the new DR title!
Makes me excited for what is to come !!
Thanks for the WL Lobby picture, it took me right back there :)

I hope you are having a great time!

Looking forward to the reviews starting. The pics are great, thanks for sharing from your past trips.

Ahhhhh Wilderness Lodge. I love it! I can't wait to see your new food reviews and hear about your DISmeet with emmysmommy!

Love the new title. :thumbsup2

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say we're home now, and I've spent some time over the past few hours uploading pics from the trip. This trip was unique in many ways:

-Our first time renting a car at WDW
-Our first stay in a regular AKL room
-My first trip to the water parks in about 6 years
-My first time riding Slush Gusher, Downhill Double Dipper, and Summit Plummet
-My first DIS meet (it was so much fun!) :)
-And lastly, I got more cupcakes than I've ever had on a single trip! :laughing:

But without further ado, I'm going to jump right into the food reviews. And oddly enough, I've decided to start with my last meal of the trip: lunch at The Wave on August 20th!

You see, I have some news to break about this restaurant. Since at least January 2011, The Wave has offered both an à la carte breakfast and a breakfast buffet. Now, it seems like they're testing a similar set-up for lunch.

IMG_5670.jpg

That's right - The Wave is currently offering a lunch buffet. And if you're reading my review, you're one of the first to find out about it!

One of the downsides of this change is that the à la carte lunch menu is now more limited than before. You can see the previous menu in my July review of The Wave, compared to the menu below. Some of The Wave's starring dishes (such as the summer salad, ahi tuna salad, and bison burger) are fortunately still available.

IMG_5682.jpg

The buffet costs $20 per adult, and the price includes a beverage. I took pictures of everything on the buffet, but since this is an extremely new offering, it's subject to change.

Cobb Salad

IMG_5684.jpg

Caesar Salad

IMG_5687.jpg

Tomato Salad

IMG_5688.jpg

Watermelon

IMG_5689.jpg

Honeydew and Cottage Cheese

IMG_5690.jpg

Cantaloupe and Strawberry Yogurt

IMG_5691.jpg

Pastries

IMG_5692.jpg

IMG_5693.jpg

IMG_5694.jpg

Buffalo Mozzarella and Plum Tomato Flatbread

IMG_5695.jpg

Vegetarian Wrap - Quesadilla Style

IMG_5696.jpg

Pork Dumplings with Soy Dipping Sauce

IMG_5697.jpg

Penne Pasta with Chunky Tomato Broth

IMG_5700.jpg

Chicken with Corn Salsa and Sun Dried Tomato Butter

IMG_5701.jpg

Florida Rock Shrimp Crab Cakes with Remoulade Sauce

IMG_5702.jpg

Remoulade, Salsa, and Parmesan Cheese

IMG_5703.jpg

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup with Seasonal Accompaniments (it looked like corn & blueberry muffins, as well as sliced almonds)

IMG_5721.jpg

Coming up - my experience with The Wave's lunch buffet (and dessert!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter