Prawn Heads & Cupcakes & Soups, Oh My! 10/5 Complete (now with my Dining Wish List)!

We will be doing the exact same stay in January! 2 nights at AKL then moving to WL. I can't wait to see your TR, especially Mara and Artist Point. Any thoughts on Roaring Forks?
So cool that we're doing the same split stay! Both lodges are such great places. :)

I really like Roaring Fork. It's pretty small, but there are some gems on the menu (such as the Mickey Waffles: here's one dish with pecans and maple butter, and another with bananas foster sauce). We've also had a satisfying grilled chicken sandwich here, and a yummy carrot cake cupcake that my mom and I split. :thumbsup2

Came out of lurkdom just to say I'm looking forward to your next report!:)
Thanks so much! I'm really glad to hear that you're looking forward to the reviews. :goodvibes

I'm going through DD2's pics right now to see what she had from Narcoossee's for my next review and I found a couple of pictures that you might enjoy.

This one was taken outside of Le Cellier.

IMG_0209-1.jpg

Not sure where exactly she took this one, but it was somewhere at Epcot.

IMG_0258-1.jpg

And then this guy (or girl???) was on the walkway between the Swan and Dolphin hotels. While not a duck, we thought he was pretty cool looking.

IMG_1074-1.jpg

Coming over from my DR to yours !! You must be leaving very soon. I can't wait to read all about it !! I loved all of your other DR's !!

I'm going through DD2's pics right now to see what she had from Narcoossee's for my next review and I found a couple of pictures that you might enjoy.
Very nice! Those are great shots, and the tortoise is an especially rare find. :thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing those lovely pics of Disney wildlife.

Coming over from my DR to yours !! You must be leaving very soon. I can't wait to read all about it !! I loved all of your other DR's !!
Thanks so much! Yep, we'll be on the plane in less than a day and a half - I can't wait! :goodvibes

These photos have me so darn excited for our upcoming trip that I can barely stand it!!:hyper: What gorgeous photos! I really need to step up my game and start taking some more/better ones.

Have an amazing trip and I can't wait to read all about it!!

These photos have me so darn excited for our upcoming trip that I can barely stand it!!:hyper: What gorgeous photos! I really need to step up my game and start taking some more/better ones.

Have an amazing trip and I can't wait to read all about it!!
Thanks so much! I'm really glad you like the photos. It's nice looking back at past trips in anticipation of upcoming ones.

In 24 hours we're scheduled to be at AKL - I can't wait! :goodvibes

Thanks for the awesome pics!

I am kind of in "Freak out" mode right now - our trip is so close I can taste it...but still SO much to do!!!! Your pics helped me focus a bit :)

We will miss you by just 3 days...arriving at AKL on the 23rd. First time there!

And thanks for your prior reviews - we are doing our first signature this trip - anniversary dinner at AP! Cannot wait!!

Have you, or do you know of, anyone who has tried the Goat Cheese Agnolotti? I am going b/t that and the scallops. I am a pescatarian...so I am a bit limited in my choices! But DH is super pumped for the multitude of carnivore choices he will be presented ha! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the awesome pics!

I am kind of in "Freak out" mode right now - our trip is so close I can taste it...but still SO much to do!!!! Your pics helped me focus a bit :)

We will miss you by just 3 days...arriving at AKL on the 23rd. First time there!

And thanks for your prior reviews - we are doing our first signature this trip - anniversary dinner at AP! Cannot wait!!

Have you, or do you know of, anyone who has tried the Goat Cheese Agnolotti? I am going b/t that and the scallops. I am a pescatarian...so I am a bit limited in my choices! But DH is super pumped for the multitude of carnivore choices he will be presented ha! :thumbsup2
I hope you have a great time at AKL! Your arrival date is only 10 days away. :thumbsup2

As for the goat cheese agnolotti, I haven't seen any reviews of it, but Artist Point's vegetarian dish is usually very good (I've previously had vegetarian gnocchi entrees there). Both entrees sound very good to me, and I think Artist Point is a great choice for an anniversary dinner. The atmosphere is relatively relaxing, and you'll get to walk through the beautiful Wilderness Lodge. :goodvibes

Yay!!!Already another review?!! I'm jealous, but happy for you!:goodvibes How excited are you to be back to WDW?? I know I'm ready to see what's good, I can't wait. Bring it!!popcorn:::woohoo:

Yay!!!Already another review?!! I'm jealous, but happy for you!:goodvibes How excited are you to be back to WDW?? I know I'm ready to see what's good, I can't wait. Bring it!!popcorn:::woohoo:
Thanks so much! We're very excited to be going back so soon, and I'm expecting some fantastic meals just like last time. :goodvibes

In 10.5 hours our flight is scheduled to take off - tonight's going to be a busy night (we haven't started packing yet)!

Just a question and not trying to be pushy or overbearing in the slightest, but how many reviews do you think you will finish before 4:30am eastern time on August 23rd?? Just wondering how much I will see before I go on my own adventure and how much I will miss until I get back home and have to catch up on... :confused3 Sorry, like no pressure or anything...:lmao:

Just a question and not trying to be pushy or overbearing in the slightest, but how many reviews do you think you will finish before 4:30am eastern time on August 23rd?? Just wondering how much I will see before I go on my own adventure and how much I will miss until I get back home and have to catch up on... :confused3 Sorry, like no pressure or anything...:lmao:
Hopefully I'll be able to write reviews for the entire first day by then. But I don't think you'll miss too much either - maybe another day or two of food. :)

In 6 hours we'll be on the plane. I can't wait to arrive at AKL! :cloud9:

IMG_5785.jpg

Have a blast and enjoy. I hope the food and all the experiences are better than all your previous ones. Magical moments wished to you and your mom on this trip!!! :wizard:

Just getting caught up... THANK YOU for the wonderful photo tour of BLT and GF. That was AWESOME!! I had heard they gave lithographs to the first guests - how cool.

Have a amazing trip!!!! I look forward to hearing all about your dining adventures (and anything else interesting that you happen to do!)

Safe travels Mr. DDW!!! :yay:

PS: I PM'd you but hopefully you are now getting some sleep before you leave!

Just getting caught up... THANK YOU for the wonderful photo tour of BLT and GF. That was AWESOME!! I had heard they gave lithographs to the first guests - how cool.

Have a amazing trip!!!! I look forward to hearing all about your dining adventures (and anything else interesting that you happen to do!)

Safe travels Mr. DDW!!! :yay:

PS: I PM'd you but hopefully you are now getting some sleep before you leave!
I'm glad you enjoyed the photo update! Your post about BLT's opening day really got me thinking back to that trip, which was very special. Every trip offers a unique set of memories - hopefully this upcoming trip (and your upcoming trip) will also create some amazing moments.

And nope, no sleep. I'm packing right now. :rotfl: We're leaving for the airport in 3.5 hours, and our flight is scheduled to take off in 5 hours! :woohoo:

Just got home and am probably too late to catch you before you leave, but wanted to say...

:cool1::cool1: Have a great trip! :cool1::cool1:

I love, love, love looking at your photos :goodvibes

The views from BLT and GF are just stunning; oddly they are two resorts that haven't really been top of my list but those views have just totally changed my opionion :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter