Pray for Japan!

Corbisblue

DIS Veteran
If you haven't heard there has been a massive earthquake that hit Japan just a few hours ago. Looking on Twitter people are posting photos from Tokyo Disneyland where the bay in DisneySea is flooding and the parking lots are flooding too.

This is terrible and is heart breaking!

Thoughts and prayers are going to everyone in Japan.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/11/japan.quake/?hpt=T1

I have close friends that are living in Japan. I was able to get a hold of them via text message and thankfully they are all OK! She is telling me right now that they are unable to use their cellphones, but she's texting me via wifi on her iPhone.

This is terrifying.

Watching on CNN and twitter. Praying for Japan and all guests and CM at Tokyo Disney

This is just awful! I hope everyone get out of there safely! It looks bad enough in the other areas, I hope there is minimul damage and loss of life!

Terrible news. Thoughts are with everyone in Japan, and all cast members and guests at Tokyo Disney

Thanks for the updates. What a terrible ordeal everyone there must be going thru. They will be in my thoughts thoughout the days to come.

They are saying on the TV here in England that the EQ is 7th biggest ever. Thousands of times bigger even than the NZ quake.
The poor Japanese people are also still suffering really bad aftershocks - so far they have had over 30.
UK TV is also reporting that parts of California, Oregon and Washington state are being evacuated due to tsunami warning.

Hope anyone who knows people involved gets to contacts them.

Claire

Thoughts and Prayers to all that are there.

Overall Tokyo Disneyland seems to be in good shape, but the parking areas and monorail tracks are apparently damaged from reports.

BTW, Tokyo Disneyland is a major topic on Twitter right now...but lots of false reports as well.

Of course its terrible what has happened, but at least TDR isn't in too bad a shape. Could you imagine a crumbling Magic Kingdom?! That would be quite a horrific image.

My prayers are with all the people who are going through the efects of this disaster. Thanks to all the DISboarders who are keeping us informed with their news posts and pictures! After hearing the news of this masive quake, my thoughts went immediately to Tokyo Disneyland and there hasn't been any info on the major news sources so I am happy we have such a good source of information with the DISboarders. Sounds like there will be a major impact with the nuclear power plant since the cooling system has now failed. Again, prayers go out to all who are impacted by this major natural disaster!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter