Pray for Japan!

Visited Japan and TDL and have warm and wonderful memories of the people and beautiful country. My family's prayers to all affected by this tragedy.

Of course its terrible what has happened, but at least TDR isn't in too bad a shape. Could you imagine a crumbling Magic Kingdom?! That would be quite a horrific image.

I'm pretty sure the non-imaginary images of the rest of Japan are more horrific.

Absolutly horffic.The whole world is thinking of all affected.

Its a reminder that nature is a powerful machine which cannot be forgotten.

Pictures coming out show us all how strong and dignified the people from Japan are, no mass panic or looting.

You will recover.

Absolutly horffic.The whole world is thinking of all affected.

Its a reminder that nature is a powerful machine which cannot be forgotten.

Pictures coming out show us all how strong and dignified the people from Japan are, no mass panic or looting.

You will recover.

Not even the most advanced nation on earth can compete with mother nature :sad2: It's humbling to see nations come together to offer any help they can.

Here's some more news about TDL. They are going to be closed today and they are not sure when they will reopen. About 70,000 people were inside the parks and many had to stay because there was no transportation.

Source: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-...sneyland-earthquake20110311-4,0,3357237.story

Word now is they are closed until at least march 22. my cousin is one of the characters there, and she said they are still having them come in for rehearsals but have told the workers no park opening until at least that date.

My family is so shocked and sadden by the news. My DH and family lived in Yokohama and we have many friends in that area, thank goodness everyone is safe. We are currently up in the air whether we are going to travel to Tokyo on April 5th.

Praying for the people in harms way and for the people who have lost everything, family, home, job, the very earth they we stand on. I am hope that the Disney people will tell how to help.

I'm crossing fingers really hard...My brother lives in Japan (he's a nuclear physicist) and I called him last night. He's alright and is keeping me updated on the nuclear situation there as well. I don't know if he's putting on a brave face or if he's being really honest - but he says they are not too worried about any nuclear meltdown. He says if there is, it should be fairly contained. But why would he say anything different? Nothing he can do or I can do to get him out of the area.

Well, I haven't heard from my friend Shinsuke who is in Tokyo so still checking everything I can to see if he's alright.

Lots of prayers from our family to those in Japan!

I'm crossing fingers really hard...My brother lives in Japan (he's a nuclear physicist) and I called him last night. He's alright and is keeping me updated on the nuclear situation there as well. I don't know if he's putting on a brave face or if he's being really honest - but he says they are not too worried about any nuclear meltdown. He says if there is, it should be fairly contained. But why would he say anything different? Nothing he can do or I can do to get him out of the area.

Well, I haven't heard from my friend Shinsuke who is in Tokyo so still checking everything I can to see if he's alright.

Lots of prayers from our family to those in Japan!

You can try looking for your friend via this link:

http://japan.person-finder.appspot.com/query?role=seek

I hope they are OK! Glad to hear that your brother is OK too.

My heart goes out to all affected by the earthquake.. I had the pleasure of visiting TDL a couple of months ago and came back with some wonderful memories of the park and the people of Japan. I wish there was something I could do to help other than giving money to relief organizations. Before we left for Japan, the friend I went with said that Japan was due for a major earthquake, based on previous EQ timeframes. I didn't think anything of it but how haunting those words are now.

Very sad! My thoughts and prayers will be for the people of Japan as they rebuild their lives and the areas affected by the EQ and tsunamis.

Very sad and heartbreaking. As every hour goes by the disaster becomes even more terrible and grim.

My prayers are with all those affected. I fear the loss of life will be much higher when the realizations that those costal towns and villages simply do not exist anymore.:sad1:

It does seem prudent to have TD closed for 10 days but even when it reopens will the crowds come back right away? I know it's escapism to visit but this is an epic event. I'm thinking peoples energies will be directed to what needs to be done in the here and now versus escapism.

Hi all!

I've been a lurker for a long time and this is actually my first post on Disboards. As a Japanese native, I thought I could share with you some info and stories regarding what the Parks were like that day, based on what I read and heard from the media, twitters, and so on. I'm not a native English speaker, so please bear with my English.

When the initial quake hit, there was a show going on in Disneyland. Donald was on stage. As the shaking began to stop, some ppl were panicking and crying, then Donald gave a "calm down!" gesture repeatedly. The same thing happened in Disneysea. Ariel was on stage when the earthquake hit. She must have been very scared because she was hung in the air. She was smiling till she gets off stage and the audience gave a big applause.

CMs were also great. After the shaking stopped,

Wait! Aftershock again!
Good, it wasn't that big.

Ok, after the shaking stopped, CMs looked around, making sure everybody was ok, and instructed them to stay away from all the buildings until safety was confirmed. Since DLR is very close to the ocean and it's the coldest month of the year, staying outside doing nothing is very hard even with warmest clothes on, so CMs distributed blankets, scarfs, and gloves which were on shop shelves. They also gave guests big plastic gift bags and cardboard boxes for wind guard.

After safety was confirmed, some restaurants and attraction buildings were open to guests who didn't have any transportation back home. (Remember all the train services around there were suspended all day that day.) in the evening, souvenir snacks (you know, little crackers and chocolate and stuff) was provided, and at night warm rice balls give to the guests. Even bread and hot soup were provide in the morning.

All that time, CMs were walking around checking if everybody was ok or in need for anything. Guests and CMs helped each other and survived thru the night. Guests even received a bag of goodies when they left for home after the train began running.

Like I said, this is all what I read and heard. I wasn't in or near either of the Parks. Though my home is in the same prefecture (state) as DLR is in, Urayasu city is damaged more since it's a coastal city. I hope, and I know, that we will recover soon.

I hope my next post is about DVC, which I became member of last summer :))

Thank you very much for reading!!

Absolutely horrible. I had a Tokyo trip scheduled for tuesday and probably won't go now with all the uncertainty about the nuclear situation. My heart goes out to the people in Japan.

It does seem prudent to have TD closed for 10 days but even when it reopens will the crowds come back right away? I know it's escapism to visit but this is an epic event. I'm thinking peoples energies will be directed to what needs to be done in the here and now versus escapism.

I don't know. A Disney park is a bit like comfort food - when you're going through a lot of stress, if you have the ability to get away from it for the day and kind of "recharge your batteries" then it's a good thing. You need that feeling of being someplace "normal" in the midst of the chaos. I'm not saying that providing assistance is less important, or that people would choose a Disney park over providing assistance, but having been through several hurricanes and knowing how the mental and physical stress can eat away at you after a while, it was really nice to have that WDW AP so I could forget about it for a few hours.

Thanks for the report PoohFuji. I wonder if the CM are trained on how to handle this kind of event? I head safety for my corporation and I'm the 1st to say when disaster strikes you can throw the Disaster Action Plan out the window because every crissis takes on a life of its own. It reads as the CM's did a fantastic job.

BTW your English is perfect. Much better than my English and English is my primary language.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter