Preparing for Nicole, Rain tips, and other advice!

While I agree all bets are off, and I think they will be more conservative then in the past, I do believe they will try to stay open if they can. Or that’s wishful thinking who knows
If they can get staff there safely. cast members and their situations should be our biggest concern.

If they can get staff there safely. cast members and their situations should be our biggest concern.
Obviously, I have stated many times locals are my biggest concern. They are just recovering from Ian. And I said I think they will be more conservative now…. I’m not sure what else you would like people to say

Obviously, I have stated many times locals are my biggest concern. They are just recovering from Ian. And I said I think they will be more conservative now…. I’m not sure what else you would like people to say
Sorry I wasn’t being snarky, just mentioning we all agree on this.

From Twitter:
URGENT: As deteriorating weather conditions are anticipated, all Osceola public schools will be closed on Thursday, November 10th. Parents are also advised that all schools will release one hour earlier than normal on Wednesday, November 9th

Any guesses as to when WDW would announce if they chose to close Thursday based on history?
If I remember correctly, before Hurricane Ian, we got official word of closing the parks the day before. The few days leading up to the hurricane, some CMs were saying the parks would be closing. I assume they were aware of Disney getting the ride-out crew in place and therefore knew a closure was coming.

Disney did an incredible job keeping everyone fed and entertained.

I hope all stay safe!

Last edited:
From Twitter:
URGENT: As deteriorating weather conditions are anticipated, all Osceola public schools will be closed on Thursday, November 10th. Parents are also advised that all schools will release one hour earlier than normal on Wednesday, November 9th
Brevard County schools will be closed on Wednesday Nov. 9 and Thursday Nov. 10. Friday is a holiday.

There was a quick, gusty shower earlier. Raining again now. That’s not out of the ordinary but the sky is very gray.

Enjoying the view from one of the lobby balconies at Riviera

Edit: it’s already stopping but looks like more in a bit

Attachments

• C884DECF-905D-40AA-A32C-22789F1B459D.jpeg
    C884DECF-905D-40AA-A32C-22789F1B459D.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 16
Any guesses as to when WDW would announce if they chose to close Thursday based on history?
For Ian, the CMs found out Tuesday afternoon the parks would be closed Wednesday and Thursday and started to let guests know, but official word on the Disney website didn't come until late afternoon (like 5:30ish maybe?). The food and wine food booths closed at 6 on Tuesday as well so they could prep them for the storm. The worst of the storm didn't hit until late Wednesday, there was some rain off and on during the day, but it was calm enough they kept the resort pools open most of the day. So based on that, if they do close, I'd guess they'd make the announcement by tomorrow afternoon.

Hoping for the best for everyone with trips this week and those living down there!

For Ian, the CMs found out Tuesday afternoon the parks would be closed Wednesday and Thursday and started to let guests know, but official word on the Disney website didn't come until late afternoon (like 5:30ish maybe?). The food and wine food booths closed at 6 on Tuesday as well so they could prep them for the storm. The worst of the storm didn't hit until late Wednesday, there was some rain off and on during the day, but it was calm enough they kept the resort pools open most of the day. So based on that, if they do close, I'd guess they'd make the announcement by tomorrow afternoon.

Hoping for the best for everyone with trips this week and those living down there!
If/when they take down the hanging baskets in World Showcase we know it's gonna be bad. o_O

We’re here and monitoring but we’re not remotely concerned. Disney initially announced a closure of Wilderness campgrounds, Poly bungalows etc but recently walked that all back to only mini golf and water parks now.
I really feel this is much ado about nothing but I’m not a weather professional so we will continue to monitor and hope we have the parks to ourselves.
I’m definitely not sweet enough to melt in the rain so we will be out as long as things are open. :-)

Here now and no one seems really concerned. I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing. I am watching it and keeping myself updated. I did hear some parents telling their kids to maximize park time since a storm is coming. I told DD the same and was at AK bright and early. Lol

At Sanaa right now and once we walked in it started to pour. At a window seat now and half the sky is blue and half is a dark cloud. The rain has let up and just a drizzle right now.

We planned on sleeping in tomorrow and doing Epcot in the PM but we’re gonna RD instead and try to get some stuff done before the rain hits and in case parks close Thursday. Weather apps show rain coming in midday but I know it’s all subject to change.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter