Price of the "extra bun" has soared!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just ordered a single (even if it wasn't printed on the menu) and had no problem getting it.

That's great but how many don't ask for it and get the double cause that is all they see on the board? All my point was was that Disney makes a crap load of cash on concessions so we shouldn't feel bad that they might loose some money because people split a burger.

That's great but how many don't ask for it and get the double cause that is all they see on the board? All my point was was that Disney makes a crap load of cash on concessions so we shouldn't feel bad that they might loose some money because people split a burger.

I've never seen "extra bun" on the board, either.

Clearly we are discussing people who are perfectly happy (and able) to ask for things that they don't see on the board.

Sorry, I see nothing wrong with WDW increasing the price for the buns.

It WAS on the board, is my point.

I had an older cm tell me that Disney gets coke products for free. If this is true, they are probably getting condiments for free. I also do not feel badly for Disney. They are a business operation and need to make wise business decisions.

I had an older cm tell me that Disney gets coke products for free. If this is true, they are probably getting condiments for free. I also do not feel badly for Disney. However, they are a business operation and need to make wise business decisions.

I had an older cm tell me that Disney gets coke products for free. If this is true, they are probably getting condiments for free. I also do not feel badly for Disney. However, they are a business operation and need to make wise business decisions.

LOL! That's a good one that I've heard several times over the years, but it is NOT true. Disney pays for the contour bottles and for the BIB syrup. Also, as of today, an extra bun at Pecos BIll's and Cosmic Rays was .79 plus tax.

It WAS on the board, is my point.

I WASN'T responding to your post and if you had read my posts you would have seen where I said I have been there twice last month and both CS restaurants we ate at only had doubles.

Also I want to clarify that I have never ordered just a bun and till this thread came up didn't even know you could. I was just trying to interject some opposing point of view to all the pro-disney posts about them loosing money on people splitting burgers. I'll never make that mistake again.:laughing:

why don't you just order a double and cut it in half?:confused3

I really don't understand the problem. We do that all the time even when we order food out at home. When we bring in burgers from a restaurant we share them by cutting them in half

I've just ordered a single (even if it wasn't printed on the menu) and had no problem getting it.

At Pecos Bill's I've ordered the single AND said I wanted to order just the burger, not the combo with fries, and paid a lot less than any option listed on the board.

I doubt condiments come free. The Coke comes with a lot of adverts in trade. Besides, soda is always very cheap- it's the bottling and shipping or the mixing, electric fountains, and cups that we pay for.

Edit- OK, so Bomzar disputes that Coke is free... I've heard it is and heard it isn't, too? Definitely, they pay for any bottled product! It's just the syrup I've heard may be free. Like anything, I'm sure soda syrup prices are always negotiable by companies with power.

I WASN'T responding to your post and if you had read my posts you would have seen where I said I have been there twice last month and both CS restaurants we ate at only had doubles.

Also I want to clarify that I have never ordered just a bun and till this thread came up didn't even know you could. I was just trying to interject some opposing point of view to all the pro-disney posts about them loosing money on people splitting burgers. I'll never make that mistake again.:laughing:
Right, we understand that you don't see 'single burger' on the menu so you don't order it. The comparison is, all these people who order the extra bun don't see THAT on the menu, but 'know' to order it - yet don't know, or think, to even ask if they can order a single burger. And as dis-happy points out, requesting just the burger instead of a combo meal saves even more money.

Don't let information or views opposing your opposing view stop you from posting same on future threads, PLEASE! How can there be open and informational discussion if everybody thinks the same way:

Poster 1: "Green is the best color in the world".
Poster 2: "Yes, it is"
Poster 3: "You're right"
Poster 4: "I agree"
Poster 5: "Green is good" ;)
etc.

How boring is THAT? Even though green IS the best color in the world!

Besides, if you order the burger and ask them to hold the bun, do you get a credit for $3.15?

I didn't think so...

I have done that. I knew my kids were not going to eat all of their food, I wasn't very hungry, so I just had some of theirs after making sure they got enough. What was I going to do with the left overs of a full size meal? Just seemed wasteful when I knew I wouldn't eat it.

I do it too. I can't eat a whole meal and I know my daughters aren't going to either. I let them eat while i run and get the napkins, ketchup, etc. Then when they are done and eating their dessert, I will just eat the leftovers. It makes more sense to us than buying something that will end up going to waste because we won't finish it.
I see nothing gross about finishing my children's food as another poster commented. They are my children. They wash their hands before they eat. They do not play with the food. It isn't about being cheap as we are on the DDO, it is about using common sense for us and not wasting food.

Poster 1: "Green is the best color in the world".
Poster 2: "Yes, it is"
Poster 3: "You're right"
Poster 4: "I agree"
Poster 5: "Green is good" ;)
etc.

How boring is THAT? Even though green IS the best color in the world!

Well, which shade of Green are we talking about and what is your stance on Teal??

This is one of those areas where I really cant get too worked up (except the Green discussion) as we would never order an extra bun, but if they are upping the price to that point its probably more to discourage the practice of customers doing that rather than to maintain a certain profit margin.

Not an apologia, but once you get the second bun you will be going over to the condiments area and getting all the stuff you would normally put on the burger onto two burgers using up twice the condiments that would normally be put on a double patty burger. I realize that the costs are not significant, but the costs are still there.

I posted on here before about the couple I saw at Cosmic Ray's a few years ago. The man ordered a burger and fries and two cups of water. His wife didn't order anything. We just happened to get seats right next to each other. The husband left his wife at the table while he went up and piled condiments on his burger. When he got back he placed his burger and fries on a big pile of napkins, gave his wife the little paper tray thingy his burger came in and told her to go get hers. She made three trips to the condiment bar filling that little tray up with free salad fixings. What was really funny was that the poor woman reached for one of his fries. He slapped her hand, and told her to leave his fries alone. All she got for lunch that day was a free cup of water and what she stole from the fixings bar:rotfl::mad:

I posted on here before about the couple I saw at Cosmic Ray's a few years ago. The man ordered a burger and fries and two cups of water. His wife didn't order anything. We just happened to get seats right next to each other. The husband left his wife at the table while he went up and piled condiments on his burger. When he got back he placed his burger and fries on a big pile of napkins, gave his wife the little paper tray thingy his burger came in and told her to go get hers. She made three trips to the condiment bar filling that little tray up with free salad fixings. What was really funny was that the poor woman reached for one of his fries. He slapped her hand, and told her to leave his fries alone. All she got for lunch that day was a free cup of water and what she stole from the fixings bar:rotfl::mad:

This is just absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. Many of the CS will post double cheese burger, but you can ask for a single and the price will be less. I do this all of the time. For the person who said they split because they can't eat a double cheese burger -- then don't buy it, ask for 2 singles.

Also, I try not to judge when folks are splitting. It may not be they are cheap. Often time slips away from us and before we know it, it's 1:00 PM and we've not eaten lunch. Knowing we have a 5:00PM dinner ADR, we try to eat something light to hold us to dinner. So we either split a wrap or chicken meal. We just don't want to pass out before we get to our dinner ADR. So before you walk past us thinking, look at that poor old couple having to share a meal, remember, they might be going to Narcossees or YSH in a couple of hours and want to be hungry enough to enjoy it!

I saw this couple at the WL too! (not sure if it was the same one, but the same situation). Except both of them made a salad on the fixings bar at roaring forks and complained about not having any salad dressing choices. We too have seen folks feasting off the fixings bar at Pecos Bill. We were at the MNSSHP and watching the parade. I noticed the family next to me did not have wrist bands on, so obviously just stayed for the parade. The kids kept going in and out of PB and getting little white cups of pickles, tomatoes, mushrooms. They munched throughout the entire parade. A very inexpensive evening for that family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter