Prices for November are outrageous!

Yeah, my cousin and daughter haven't booked their room yet and after reading this and looking online again, I warned her that she better get it done now. She might not be staying in the tower near us now.

I just saw Animal Kingdom for $409 a night pop up but I am sure the other places will pop up again soon.

It depends on how many points you buy and how you buy them, resale or direct. You can buy a $50K package, but you can also buy a much smaller one.

Ah okay. I have zero clue how it works. I did some research because we looked into it since we cruise every year and we go to a Disney Park every few years.

I suggest that the next time you go to one of the parks you take a DVC tour. The sales people are informative and not very pushy. Also, take a look at resale. DVC Resale Market is a place to start with that as they support this board.

I went looking through my old email and 2018 i was able to book Boardwalk in Nov for 3 weeks later.
Even then it was other hotels to choose. Now in June i had to piece together a stay for December.
Again I hope the staff shortage resolves so more rooms are released. I never mind staying offsite
EXCEPT around Christmas time.

Last edited:
Pricing has two factors.

1. The rack rate
2. Which rooms are available

Right now it's rack rate with no discounts for November. The room rates are not higher due to the 50th or any other special event. They are what they are for that season. They are proportional to Disney's other seasons.

Room availability is a different story. As lower priced rooms are all taken, the lowest available rate keeps creeping up to higher and higher since you're now looking at/booking more expensive room classes.

Basically, the prices you see are here to stay (for this time of year) and will only go up pretty much every year. Discounts are also less likely if room occupancy remains high. If anything, high occupancy rates give Disney the incentive to raise rates even higher.
I beg to differ. They (room rates) have gone up in the past few years substantially.

We went the first week of December a few years back and it was about a 1/3 of the price it is now. Post-Pandemic money. lol

I have very distant memories of what I paid in 2008. This was post financial meltdown. I paid $49 for rooms at Pop. Rack rate at the time was $82 and I had a 40% off code. We went in February and I can't think of what they called that "season" back then. It was supposed to be low crowds but still felt crowded to me.

Compare that to my 300+ a night room reservation for Coronado in October 2021.

I have very distant memories of what I paid in 2008. This was post financial meltdown. I paid $49 for rooms at Pop. Rack rate at the time was $82 and I had a 40% off code. We went in February and I can't think of what they called that "season" back then. It was supposed to be low crowds but still felt crowded to me.

We got that 45% rate, Passholders got an extra5% stayed at Poly. We went that January. I think promo was called Year of a Million Dreams. MK was empty. You could throw a bowling ball down Fantasy Land and not hit anyone.
Edit- just looked, my Poly 45% was 2011. US economy still hadn’t recovered. Parks were dead.

Last edited:
I have BC standard booked for $670 a night Thanksgiving week and I just booked an offsite hotel 15 minutes away, 2 bedroom 2 bathrooms with living room for $359 a night. I will hang on to my BC reservation until probably November 1st then will ditch it if there's no discount. I hate to do it this way, and what I've read a ton of people are doing this as well. Normally I can count on some kind of discount but this year who knows.....

We got that 45% rate, Passholders got an extra5% stayed at Poly. We went that January. I think promo was called Year of a Million Dreams. MK was empty. You could throw a bowling ball down Fantasy Land and not hit anyone.
We got 45% off at the Poly one time. I called to make a reservation, and she just gave me a PIN # for the 45%. She said it was because I booked over the phone and not online. I called Dsis to tell her, and she thought I was pulling her leg about the discount. You just don't see this kind of thing anymore with the big discounts. We are probably done with the Poly unless there is a spectacular deal out there :cool: We got the 25% off for the YC for August. You really have to do your homework when picking a resort. Soon we will be pitching a tent on the side of the road :faint:

Last edited:
We got 45% off at the Poly one time. I called to make a reservation, and she just gave me a PIN # for the 45%. She said it was because I booked over the phone and not online. I called Dsis to tell her, and she thought I was pulling her leg about the discount. You just don't see this kind of thing anymore with the big discounts. We are probably done with the Poly unless there is a spectacular deal out there :cool: We got the 25% off for the YC for August. You really have to do your homework when picking a resort. Soon we will be pitching a tent on the side of the road :faint:
True. The days of finding reasonable room rates at wdw are over I’m afraid. Glad I got to experience GF & Poly but most likely priced out now. We booked CBR for Aug!
Now the majority of our trips are Universal where prices are still reasonable and I can pick the tier of AP I want, that works for us, rather than as a non local being forced to buy the highest tier AP as sole option from Disney.
So don’t

Likewise I am looking at week of April 18th for possible trip with my parents. Like 234 for all star movies. Over 300 for moderates. Crazy!

I remember those days. We did 2008 and 2009. Stayed CBR, 7 day park hoppers, DDP plus a free gift card. $2500-2800ish for a family of four. Those were the days! Now 2500 is a room only rate for week at CBR.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter