Prices for November are outrageous!

Yeah, my cousin and daughter haven't booked their room yet and after reading this and looking online again, I warned her that she better get it done now. She might not be staying in the tower near us now.
I finally got her to do it last night and she did a different resort (not sure if GDT was full and too pricey) but she definitely spent more than we did. I told her to book over a month ago.

I just saw Animal Kingdom for $409 a night pop up but I am sure the other places will pop up again soon.
Yes and that's where she booked, but knowing her, I don't think she went with that rate as it wasn't a savanah view and I know she spent more than we did, I saw those other rates for a view and they were high!

I pay a little over $2000 a year in dues and I have 10 days at BWV in Sep/Oct 2021 and 9 days at AKV in May 2022 worth nearly $15,000 total in current Disney similar room pricing. Yeah, I'm also glad I have DVC.

We still might buy into DVC. Not sure yet. $50,000 initially though is the norm, right? That is what I researched through the years. Might be more now.

Yes and that's where she booked, but knowing her, I don't think she went with that rate as it wasn't a savanah view and I know she spent more than we did, I saw those other rates for a view and they were high!

Yeah, Savannah is around $500 a night.

We still might buy into DVC. Not sure yet. $50,000 initially though is the norm, right? That is what I researched through the years. Might be more now.
I went to the website and put in my info (# people, dates, avg stay) and when I used their points dollar value info it out it came to around 50k. For January.

You can buy enough points to cover a week (150 points) on the resale market for about $20-$25K. There is a whole board dedicated to buying DVC here with more information: https://www.disboards.com/forums/purchasing-dvc.28/ . I've owned forever so I'm not up to date with the current direct and resale pricing. The number of points you need to start with depends on when you want to stay, where you want to stay and how big of a villa you need. Go ahead and start a thread over there, there are a lot of people who will be happy to help you!

What website are you talking about?
The Disney website. Under DVC 'explore the costs of membership'. They recommended 250 points for what I wanted. I said 5-6 people, January timeframe, forgot what resort I picked.

Last edited:
The Disney website. Under DVC 'explore the costs of membership'. They recommended 250 points for what I wanted. I said 5-6 people, January timeframe, forgot what resort I picked.
It's the 5-6 people that jacked up your price. You can fit 5 in some DVC studios, but it's tight just like a regular resort room. Do you usually book 1 or 2 resort rooms?

It's not just Disney. We have the Swan booked for Thanksgiving break and the flights are crazy expensive. Still waiting for them to come down to earth some.

It's the 5-6 people that jacked up your price. You can fit 5 in some DVC studios, but it's tight just like a regular resort room. Do you usually book 1 or 2 resort rooms?
I would not book 5 in a studio so I would choose the 2 br villa. The pricing tool is good because it gives you a variety of accommodations for a variety of stay lengths that would accommodate your points level. So if you had less people you could stay in a studio for a longer time. If you have more people, you can get the 2 br but then you need to cut your stay length. Or I could choose a 1 br for a length in between those two. It shows me what 250 points could buy in my time frame. Also there are some savings promos which vary and were not included in my estimate.

I paid under $17k but I bought a small resale contract - 125 points. I wanted something small enough to that we didn’t ’have‘ to go every year and wouldn’t get a bigger room than we usually needed if we skipped a year.

I paid under $17k but I bought a small resale contract - 125 points. I wanted something small enough to that we didn’t ’have‘ to go every year and wouldn’t get a bigger room than we usually needed if we skipped a year.
Who did you buy through?

I no nothing about DVC. How hard is it to do what you're saying? Is it easier than renting points?
Banking and borrowing is easy. It's the 50% borrowing restriction that was implemented during the pandemic that is is impacting owners of small contracts the most.

And owning is so much easier than renting. I can check availability in real time. I can book my home resorts 11 months in advance without the need to line someone up or hope that the rental agency has an owner at a particular resort. If I don't own at a must-do resort, I can get a points transfer from another owner who does. And I always retain control of my reservation.

I've seen 100-point contracts selling for under $15,000. That's enough to get you some pretty nice accommodations every 3 years with banking & borrowing.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter