Prices for November are outrageous!

I am looking forward to the Early Theme Park Entry. Because of the increased crowds at the early entry park, the old way was a null benefit to us. You either dealt with the increased crowds for the rest of the day, or wasted time hopping to a different park. For those that took a midday break at their resort, this wasn't an issue. But, that isn't us. We'd rather rather have a relaxing TS meal in park and a show for our rest. But with the future version, it is a genuine benefit to us since we'll get a head-start on off-site without dealing with increased crowds.

Exactly!! WDW turned a 3-4 EMH perk into 30 minutes. We loved the PM EMH and could car less about a 30 minute Early Entry. We much rather stay at a park late, then to get up early, deal with the RD crowds, which will still be crowded even with the new "Early Entry".

I agree. I recall staying in MK until 3AM for EMH back around 2014ish. We rode Space Mountain for an hour straight, and it was a walk-on each time. Great memories but I suppose those days are over.

We have a rez at GDT for early December for 8 nights. It's basically $500/night, including taxes. Unbelievable. We're hoping for a discount. I mean, I have never ever gone to WDW without a room discount, but this year? Who knows?

We also have a sort of wishful-thinking rez at AKL, also for early December, a week earlier than the GDT rez. But it's so so so much money--over $800/night for a savanna-view room--that we basically reserved it hoping that we'll definitely get a discount. If not, we'll cancel and stay at GDT instead.

Could not believe the room prices.

We were at GF in May, with the GP discount--the AP discount was gone by the time we booked our rez--and it was "only" $600/night, which was so much more than we've ever paid at WDW. And with no monorail service to Epcot and no fireworks, it was kind of a weird time to try out GF. But there was no other deluxe available, and the prices at the mods were also quite high.

Exactly!! WDW turned a 3-4 EMH perk into 30 minutes. We loved the PM EMH and could care less about a 30 minute Early Entry. We much rather stay at a park late, then to get up early, deal with the RD crowds, which will still be crowded even with the new "Early Entry".

Coming from the West Coast we are never rope droppers. But the evening/late hours? We loved it.
Now i read above it is a ticketed event? Yikes!

Last edited:
Yes, that was in January when COVID was spiking and there were genuine concerns that WDW would not return to normal until well into 2022.

Now crowds are (way) up and masks are off.

Try to book something similar today and please let us know how rates compare. Are those rates you booked in January still available?

Thanks!
Unable to do so for those dates as it looks like they're sold out now.

It looks like about $75 a night more than what we paid. We bought a package and I am trying to find the breakdown by night, but CBR vs CS looks about $75 more a night or so.

But, again this is also why we always book our trip a year in advance and make changes if promos come along.

HTH!

Meanwhile SSR is going for £10k in December o_O twice as much as Contemporary and GF.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 12.22.48.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 12.22.48.png
    222.7 KB · Views: 35
Can you give me an example of ticketed events? I thought that stuff was only holiday time(when we buy
it). So now if we come a week say....jan-Jun we have to pay for a ticket to stay late?
Boo bash in october, Villains after-hours at other times, and as you mention, Christmas party around the holidays.

Can you give me an example of ticketed events? I thought that stuff was only holiday time(when we buy
it). So now if we come a week say....jan-Jun we have to pay for a ticket to stay late?
If you are not there at a time when paid After Hours events are available, then there is just no option to stay late. The parks close once the fireworks happen, and people go back to their resorts or Disney Springs for the rest of the evening.

We usually stay in the bubble but I haven't been able to find anything reasonable for Thanksgiving Week. We're driving in to spend time with our youngest DD who just started back on the DCP June 15th . I finally gave up and booked at the Hilton by Disney Springs. Our first stay out of the bubble since 2002.

We are booked for a split stay Thanksgiving week 2 nights at POP 8 nights at CSR. Granted this is a couple nights longer than we have stayed on property before it is by far the most expensive. So much so that we have decided it will be our last vacation where we dedicate the whole trip to Disney. It took me four years to save for this trip which we are taking as a celebration of me turning 50. I'm not complaining, I get the fact that Disney has to cost more than other places because it is obviously not the same experience as other places. We have been visiting for so many years and we absolutely love it but we are officially priced out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter