Prices for November are outrageous!

Disney already has announced that EMH are never coming back.

EMH eventually will be replaced by something called "Early Theme Park Entry", which let's onsite Guests enter 30 minutes ahead of official park opening.

Here's the official announcement from Disney:

COMING SOON

• Early Theme Park Entry: We know how much guests enjoy extra park time, so coming later this year as part of our 50th anniversary celebration, Disney Resort hotel guests and guests of other select hotels will be able to enjoy more fun with 30-minute early entry to ANY theme park, EVERY day. It’ll be a great way to get a jump start on your Disney day, no matter the day! As a reminder, the Extra Magic Hours benefit was suspended when Walt Disney World Resort reopened last summer, and as we continue to manage attendance with health and safety top of mind, Extra Magic Hours will not return. The new early theme park entry benefit helps us better spread visitation across all four theme parks, while providing added flexibility by giving guests extra early park time on each day of their vacation and in the park of their choosing. Please note that guests need valid admission and a park reservation made via the Disney Park Pass system to enter a theme park.
That’s awful. 30 min early is a joke. A bad one.

lol....wasn't that long ago that you could score a $79/night room at POP. Now $200 and $15 for the "privilege" of parking on their open asphalt lot - not even covered parking. We haven't stayed onsite since they added parking fees. I don't like parking fees, but I'll grudgingly pay as long as it's covered parking. Their lot is a joke to charge for.
We never have a car. Part of being on vacay for me is not having to drive! Plus added expense of having to rent a car and now also having to pay for parking really adds up. It wasn’t too long ago that moderates were $150! Then $200, but over $300 they’ve lost their minds!

I just decided to stay off property and got a cheap little rental car. The value wasn't there for me. I'm not sure if EMH will be back by November.
There is such a thing as a "cheap" rental car? Where did you find it? We looked into a rental for our trip and the cost was almost as much as the hotel!

There is such a thing as a "cheap" rental car? Where did you find it? We looked into a rental for our trip and the cost was almost as much as the hotel!

When I say cheap...I mean the tiniest cheapest car in the arsenal. I found a $70/day economy on AutoSlash. I'm close to six foot tall...LOL

We just got back from a convention at the Yacht Club that was originally booked for 2020, so all our rates stayed the same. Our convention coordinator for the company said they were having trouble finding any nice hotel anywhere that wanted to give corporate rates for NEXT summer, there was so much pent up demand for travel. I loved the Yacht Club, but unless onsite perks really up their game (30 minutes early into a park may get you one E ticket ride) we will stay offsite in 2023 when we go back, barring any great deals. We went over and ate at the Swan and Dolphin, they looked wonderful and the restaurants were great. May try there. We have stayed at a Disney Springs hotel which are much cheaper and currently offer the same perks as onsite hotels. I believe fast pass will have some money attached in the future anyway . We may try staying two night in AKL when all activities are back just to experience those, and do just one Disney Park. Then go to a really nice hotel for really less money and do Sea World. After totally enjoying Universal and Legoland last year, we have seen there is life outside the bubble, and it's a pretty good life.

When I say cheap...I mean the tiniest cheapest car in the arsenal. I found a $70/day economy on AutoSlash. I'm close to six foot tall...LOL
That makes sense—we’re a family of 5 which I’m sure explains the daylight robbery prices I’m seeing… sigh

We just got back from a convention at the Yacht Club that was originally booked for 2020, so all our rates stayed the same. Our convention coordinator for the company said they were having trouble finding any nice hotel anywhere that wanted to give corporate rates for NEXT summer, there was so much pent up demand for travel. I loved the Yacht Club, but unless onsite perks really up their game (30 minutes early into a park may get you one E ticket ride) we will stay offsite in 2023 when we go back, barring any great deals. We went over and ate at the Swan and Dolphin, they looked wonderful and the restaurants were great. May try there. We have stayed at a Disney Springs hotel which are much cheaper and currently offer the same perks as onsite hotels. I believe fast pass will have some money attached in the future anyway . We may try staying two night in AKL when all activities are back just to experience those, and do just one Disney Park. Then go to a really nice hotel for really less money and do Sea World. After totally enjoying Universal and Legoland last year, we have seen there is life outside the bubble, and it's a pretty good life.
Yes, most of my trips now are Universal. Where you can still get good deals for their hotels, early entry is still 1 hr!

I expected that Disney would justify raising their prices due to the Covid situation but I didn’t think they would more than double their prices. We were going to go the first week of November (around 7th) but the cheapest room was around $550, I don’t think so……we will either postpone or vacation somewhere else. Those prices are insane to me. 😳

We are going Nov 5-14 and booked in January. I didn't think any of our rates were bad. Staying at CBR for 5 nights and WL for 4.

We are going Nov 5-14 and booked in January. I didn't think any of our rates were bad. Staying at CBR for 5 nights and WL for 4.
Yes, that was in January when COVID was spiking and there were genuine concerns that WDW would not return to normal until well into 2022.

Now crowds are (way) up and masks are off.

Try to book something similar today and please let us know how rates compare. Are those rates you booked in January still available?

Thanks!

Last edited:
That makes sense—we’re a family of 5 which I’m sure explains the daylight robbery prices I’m seeing… sigh

have you looked into rental agencies in Orlando (not at the airport?). You’ll need to cab/ride share to the agency but I’ve found that the prices are $20 cheaper/day than at MCO. This is for the super cheap level.

I expected that Disney would justify raising their prices due to the Covid situation but I didn’t think they would more than double their prices. We were going to go the first week of November (around 7th) but the cheapest room was around $550, I don’t think so……we will either postpone or vacation somewhere else. Those prices are insane to me. 😳

I’m in the same boat. If I have to stay offsite we will just vacation elsewhere. Staying onsite and all that is part of the vacation experience for us. You can get way better bang for your buck elsewhere.

After totally enjoying Universal and Legoland last year, we have seen there is life outside the bubble, and it's a pretty good life.

I think that's just it - the "bubble' ain't what it used to be, based upon what WDW is taking away or how they're choosing to cut costs. Years ago, you couldn't pay me to stay offsite - I loved being in WDW so much. Now, an onsite stay isn't even in the consideration set for me - the cost/value ratio is so eroded.

We have 3 nights at Pop in December and I keep wanting to add to it but the prices are stopping me. The least expensive room available after that is over $500 a night and I have a hotel on 192 which is right near AK for about $650 for the week. 60 day FP (IF they come back) are not worth $2500.

We have a room booked on DVC points for 11/15-11/19 but we are coming in a night earlier so I am paying cash on 11/14 for one night. I originally only found CSR but I have been checking periodically and I was able to get an ASMo Preferred and this AM I just checked and a ASMo standard was available. I think availability is definitely changing (maybe they're opening up more rooms for booking?)so I would keep checking for cheaper rooms. Now if those princess rooms could just open up at Port Orleans I would be all over that no matter what the cost lol!

have you looked into rental agencies in Orlando (not at the airport?). You’ll need to cab/ride share to the agency but I’ve found that the prices are $20 cheaper/day than at MCO. This is for the super cheap level.
No, just looked at MCO. That is a good idea!

Just did a quick search for a potential long weekend mid-November to attend Food & Wine. I cannot believe the prices for on-site resorts. I'm assuming this is due to the 50th celebration? Yikes!
It’s Veteran’s Day weekend 11/12-14. If that’s the long weekend you’re looking everybody and their brother tries to turn that into a long weekend even in a normal year.

If you’re looking at 11/19-21 D23 is holding a celebration of Disney world event + it’s leading into Thanksgiving week + Dapper Days weekend (they have massive group bookings).

We have 3 nights at Pop in December and I keep wanting to add to it but the prices are stopping me. The least expensive room available after that is over $500 a night and I have a hotel on 192 which is right near AK for about $650 for the week.
:oops:

It's funny you say that. Last night i was on the site VisitOrlando looking for Universal Tickets and i saw
all these other attractions they were offering. I honestly had no idea there was that many things to
do because the minute we get off plane we head straight to Disney. I love coming to Orlando and
don't want to give that up. However our next trip I think i will spread our vacation dollars around and
help support these other businesses. Still will keep our Dec trip and won't totally break from DW but
take a break until things calm down(if ever).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter