Primeval Whirl Closure?

kirstinnusky

Earning My Ears
We are headed to Animal Kingdom on July 8, and was just checking my current Touring Plan and it tells me that Primeval Whirl is closed for the summer. Disney allowed me to grab a fast pass at my 60 day window, and WDW info.com does not list it as a closure. Can someone verify this closure? To late to pull another fast pass I would guess.

Yes I heard this, there are several articles posted to confirm if you do a quick google search. Seems it was unexpected for an unknown period of time. You can change your fastpass if you wish but you may want to keep it. If the ride is still down when you there you will receive an anytime, multiple experience pass which is more valuable in my opinion.

Fastpasses are still available for early July. Why would that be if it's going to be closed for the summer?

Fastpasses are still available for early July. Why would that be if it's going to be closed for the summer?
Disney’s FP system needs to know if the ride isn’t going to reopen before they convert these FPs to Anytime-Bonus FPs; it gives guests a total of 4 FPs in their account which they don’t want to do unless necessary.

Disney’s FP system needs to know if the ride isn’t going to reopen before they convert these FPs to Anytime-Bonus FPs; it gives guests a total of 4 FPs in their account which they don’t want to do unless necessary.
Might just be a good reason to book it. ;) Seriously, I hope it's back up late July. My grandson loves it, just got tall enough to ride it not long ago and grandma screwed up big time holding him off riding it last trip because I thought it was open during DAH. I had promised him we'd ride it when we go in July and it's going to cost me if it's not running. Personally, I can't stand it, but you do what you have to. :)

It was discussed on the Disney Dish podcast posted yesterday. There was a minor safety concern picked up on by an opening shift staff member. Unfortunately the company who built the ride has since gone bankrupt & therefore replacement parts are not easy to come by.

I would keep your FP+ in hopes that it turns into an anytime FP, but manage your grandson’s expectation now. They were of the understanding that it’s going to be closed until at least August.

We are headed to Animal Kingdom on July 8, and was just checking my current Touring Plan and it tells me that Primeval Whirl is closed for the summer. Disney allowed me to grab a fast pass at my 60 day window, and WDW info.com does not list it as a closure. Can someone verify this closure? To late to pull another fast pass I would guess.
The ride is currently closed due to unplanned maintenance. It is unknown when it will be back up. It could be tomorrow it could be a month from now.

Yep we rode it one day on our early June trip and next time we were at AK it was closed. Everest was also down that day so all non-Pandora FP lines were INSANE!

If I understand the last line of OP’s post correctly, it definitely is not too late to pull another FP. I have pulled same day FOPs on recent visits so most others should not be a problem. Just may need to fresh a few times.

I so want to try/like that ride but since I'm not a kid anymore, the spinning would get to me. I didn't feel right after the Astro Orbiter in 2017 so I don't do that either.

I had a FP scheduled for the afternoon of 7/6. Just got an email that there is an issue and they rescheduled my party for Expedition Everest around the same time. Seems that there will be no anytime passes this time!

We call this one Primeval Hurl!

Not my favorite AK ride, but my kids love it. They will be hoping it comes back up soon.

I had a FP scheduled for the afternoon of 7/6. Just got an email that there is an issue and they rescheduled my party for Expedition Everest around the same time. Seems that there will be no anytime passes this time!
We had the same thing happen, only got dinosaur for a time we won’t be at the park. I switched it but there wasn’t much available.

We had the same thing happen, only got dinosaur for a time we won’t be at the park. I switched it but there wasn’t much available.

Call Disney. I've seen other reports where they can forcibly give you the time you need, even if it isn't showing available in the system.

According to Jim Hill there is a problem getting the needed part since the original manufacturer went out of business. I’m guessing they are waiting on a new supplier to make the part and then they need to make sure it functions properly for safety.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter