• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Weekend 2020

I wanted to do the 5K but didn’t realize it sells out so quickly. What are my options for still registering? I have a 1 year old and 6 year old, would just going to the kids races be better? Do those sell out too? Thanks!

I wanted to do the 5K but didn’t realize it sells out so quickly. What are my options for still registering? I have a 1 year old and 6 year old, would just going to the kids races be better? Do those sell out too? Thanks!

A TA can still sell you bibs for the sold out races, but they come with a hotel room and ticket requirement.

This is what I've got so far, but I can go back and ask for them to lower it if we have enough people. Still waiting to hear on CB:
View attachment 418266
When the group rate contract is all set, how can we book reservations? I know my friends upcoming wedding had a code to use but wasn't sure if this process would be the same. Finally got our dates set and so excited to start booking!

Quick question about bib pickup: I see it shows WWoS is open until 8pm, I am flying in Thursday and only doing 5k, how busy does the pickup line get? I haven't booked flights yet but trying to see how early I need to arrive, only plan for Thursday is arrival, check in and get bib, maybe dis springs for a little at night. Sorry if this is common sense but it's my first run anything and I'm so excited I cant think straight

Quick question about bib pickup: I see it shows WWoS is open until 8pm, I am flying in Thursday and only doing 5k, how busy does the pickup line get? I haven't booked flights yet but trying to see how early I need to arrive, only plan for Thursday is arrival, check in and get bib, maybe dis springs for a little at night. Sorry if this is common sense but it's my first run anything and I'm so excited I cant think straight
The first day of the expo is usually the busiest because of merch and everything. The later in the day you go the better it should be.

The first day of the expo is usually the busiest because of merch and everything. The later in the day you go the better it should be.
Thanks! I was thinking of flying in midday and doing expo around 4 but didnt want to risk any issues.

Thanks! I was thinking of flying in midday and doing expo around 4 but didnt want to risk any issues.

To not risk issues I’d get an earlier flight. It’s winter, and winter issues can happen while flying.

The actual bib pickup is never *that* hard with the setup they have now. The lines happen for rundisney merchandise.

Once you get the bib you go to the main merchandise building to get your shirt, and shirts are always at the very back of that hall. (Though you can go back to the expo after the 5k or on 10k day, if you run out of time to get the bib)

I agree with the previous poster. I would fly in as early as you can to avoid potential delays. Also, that may help adjust your sleep schedule for the o'dark thirty wake-up call the next day.

I did the marathon weekend last year and went to pick up our bibs on Wednesday (before the Thursday 5K) and the whole expo thing took a LOT longer than I expected. Not because of the crowds, but because there was so much to see/shop. There are three buildings to visit (one to pick up the bibs, one to pick up the shirts/shop the 3rd party vendors, and one to check out the runDisney merchandise). Thinking that the expo would take about an hour, I had booked a dinner that night at Homecomin' and quickly realized that there was no way we were going to make it. Could we have been in and out quickly? Yes. But did we want to do that? No. I wound up rescheduling dinner to our departure day and doing quick service that night. For this year's Princess, I'm going to go to the Expo on the way to the hotel from the airport (we are staying off-site) and then heading to the hotel and parks.

The first year we did Princess our flight was scheduled to arrive a little after 4PM. Well, an hour plus delay later ... I was honestly worried about getting to the expo before it closed. Thankfully, we made it, but it was very stressful. Like others said, try to fly in a little earlier if you can. I'd recommend trying to get in before noon, but if that's too early for you, I'd say at least try to land by 2.

The first year we did Princess our flight was scheduled to arrive a little after 4PM. Well, an hour plus delay later ... I was honestly worried about getting to the expo before it closed. Thankfully, we made it, but it was very stressful. Like others said, try to fly in a little earlier if you can. I'd recommend trying to get in before noon, but if that's too early for you, I'd say at least try to land by 2.
The flight I was planning for lands, if all goes smoothly, at 1:16 if the one before that drops in price I was going to grab that. The latest I planned to land, again if smoothly, was by 2pm. I have no plan to schedule anything else that day, quick service at hotel or DS will be it. Thanks all!

To not risk issues I’d get an earlier flight. It’s winter, and winter issues can happen while flying.

The actual bib pickup is never *that* hard with the setup they have now. The lines happen for rundisney merchandise.

Once you get the bib you go to the main merchandise building to get your shirt, and shirts are always at the very back of that hall. (Though you can go back to the expo after the 5k or on 10k day, if you run out of time to get the bib)
I also highly, highly recommend the earlier flight bc of winter weather issues. Last year my flight was delayed twice then cancelled and I ended up missing the Disney Half. I was heart broken. This year I'll head out a few days before to play it safe.

I also highly, highly recommend the earlier flight bc of winter weather issues. Last year my flight was delayed twice then cancelled and I ended up missing the Disney Half. I was heart broken. This year I'll head out a few days before to play it safe.
The more I read everyone's replies, and realized DUH I am flying out of NJ in WINTER - I decided we will fly in Wednesday around dinner time now, that gives me all day Thursday - barring any unforeseen delays on Wednesday. Flight option was actually $50 cheaper each to come in Wednesday late instead of Thursday morning. And let's be real, who doesn't want to start their Disney trip earlier than planned

The more I read everyone's replies, and realized DUH I am flying out of NJ in WINTER - I decided we will fly in Wednesday around dinner time now, that gives me all day Thursday - barring any unforeseen delays on Wednesday. Flight option was actually $50 cheaper each to come in Wednesday late instead of Thursday morning. And let's be real, who doesn't want to start their Disney trip earlier than planned
It's always best to start a Disney trip earlier than planned! And I'll be coming from CT, last year flight was delayed then cancelled, so this year I'm heading out earlier also. Use that extra $50 to buy something fun at Disney and see you at the finish line!

Why aren’t you notified to register for the 5k.In February 2020 dvc members also annual pass holder thanks.

Finally booked a 2 bedroom Villa at OKW for 6 adults. 4 are for sure running. 1 still can't decide if he wants to go at all. And the other doesn't run, but will be joining so he can go golf, I guess?

Haha getting them all to commit is ridiculous, but we have space now regardless!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter