Princess Weekend 2022

I think I'm probably going no costume, just regular running clothes. I haven't taken the time to think about it. I have a minnie I used for a prior race I could use for the 10k. I don't love the shorts so don't want to wear those for the HM. Maybe I'll sit down with my husband and figure something out tonight.
Some fantastic news (for me anyway). Several of my coworkers have been forced into canceling a work conference trip as work travel has been suspended again. So, some of my previously denied PTO days are now APPROVED! I was able to move my flight to Thursday and get 1 night at POFQ (we are transferring to CSR). I really like having that buffer day. And since my husband is coming too, it makes it more of a fun trip for the 2 of us. We haven't travelled alone since the before times and we used to take 1-2 trips without the kid a year. We could use an adult trip.

For the 5k, I plan to be Perla mouse from Cinderella, and my daughter will be one of Cinderella's blue bird helpers. (She made Hei Hei and Flit costumes in 2020, so shouldn't have too much trouble making the blue bird.) For the 10k, she is planning on making Tiana's waitress costume, and I will be Charlotte La Bouff.

There’s a group of 9 of us going.

we’re going jazzercise princess for yoga - I’m ariel
5K - it’s just a few of us and we’re doing Cinderella. I’m Jacque.
10k - Moana and I’m on of the kakamora
Half - we’ve lost our minds and ordered actual cheerleading outfits. I’m Snow White.

it’s going to be amazing.

Really starting to buzz with excitement/nerves - I’ve been sick over the holidays and have only just started running again (a couple mile long jogs last week and a three mile this weekend), hoping that I’m able to bounce back. Well under maximum pace, but I haven’t let go of the stretch goal of finishing under three hours. At this point it’s seeing if I can build up enough buffer to allow myself to take a couple pictures on the course :)

YEAHHHHHHH we are next! I just got back from Marathon Weekend and cannot wait to get back to do it again. 7 weeks! How's everyone's training going? I am definitely taking this week completely off, after running 39.3 miles this weekend. Then just keeping up basic fitness until the races. Only race times I'm gunning for, are good times :smooth:

As for costumes, I'm still thinking about it. I had plans for a somewhat complicated Merida-themed outfit for the half but I don't know if I will have time to finish the more intricate piece. We'll see.
I bought an "exercise dress" on clearance at Target which is perfectly fitting and very good for running, but it's white. I'm thinking of just fabric dying it in a princess color (I keep changing my mind but now I'm on Belle yellow) for the 10k. In case I decide to more or less run the 10k at a good clip between characters.

For my part, training is actually going pretty well. I'm sticking mostly to DopeyBadger's plan.

I just got a used treadmill yesterday. Eager to try it out this evening for my 5 mile run. It's a very comfortable 10/Feels like -5 right now. This is going to be my first experience in 4 years training on a treadmill.

(And yes this is Farhenheit)

How's everyone's training going?

It's getting there. I'm at about 50 mpw for the last four weeks right now with the goal to peak at 63 the week of 2/7. That's about 8.5 hrs of running in peak week for me. The last two weeks have been tough on training because the roads just aren't clean enough to run fast on, and then this week they were reasonably clean but the winds were in the 30-40mph range and temps in the -10 to -5 range. So it's hard to get a gauge as to whether I'm on track for that 38-39 min 10k time I'm hoping for. I did a workout on the treadmill of 3 miles at 6:40 + 3 x 1 mile at 6:27, 6:23, and 6:15, and felt pretty good about it. Still got 7 weeks of training to wrap things up.

For those wondering, the Marathon guide came out on 12/6, or about 4 weeks prior to race week. So that would put us around the week of 1/24/22. We'll get our confirmed course maps, and hopefully learn more details about the designated arrival times for starting groups still listed for the 5k/10k (but since removed from the HM).

While everyone still has access before waivers come out, now is a good time to get a screenshot of POT submission if you haven't already done so. Just in case something funny happens between now and then.

While everyone still has access before waivers come out, now is a good time to get a screenshot of POT submission if you haven't already done so. Just in case something funny happens between now and then.

I guess this doesn't apply if we submitted an estimated finish time?

I guess this doesn't apply if we submitted an estimated finish time?

Doesn't hurt anything to still take a screenshot, but I'm not remembering a time I've seen a missed seeding with estimated finish times. On occasion, we have seen errors when it comes to POT submissions and sometimes a screenshot can be helpful at runner's relations.

I just realized that my runDisney registration uses my formal (full name) "Cynthia", because that's what all my Disney stuff is under, in case I need to show ID, but all my other race registrations (like my PoT race) use my nickname "Cindy". Seeing some of the issues folks have had with PoT in MW, I'm hoping my PoT doesn't get tossed out. It's a pretty common nickname for "Cynthia" so I hope the person checking gets it. If for some reason I'm placed in the last corral I'll email to see if that was the reason.

My training had been going great until last week. We got our largest snow in years last Sunday night/Monday and the city didn't pretreat anything, so I got very little running in Tuesday/Wednesday. We got another 2 inches Thursday night and in a total overreaction, they salted the roads and sidewalks like a margarita glass.

I still feel pretty good because I'm right back on track and building to 13 miles this Sunday, with the last mile as a tempo run. I really love long runs! I spend far too much time mapping out my route in Garmin Connect. Long runs are my zen. And it's supposed to snow Saturday night. We'll see how the roads are.

YEAHHHHHHH we are next! I just got back from Marathon Weekend and cannot wait to get back to do it again. 7 weeks! How's everyone's training going?

Training is good over here. I have my A race (Aramco HM in Houston) this weekend. I feel like I am in shape to get a PR, by how much we will see. I have a transition plan for the 6 or so weeks between this race and princess weekend. Next week I will have to decide my goal for Princess. I am doing the challenge and running the 10k alone. Technically my husband is also running the HM but it is likely that we won’t run together The entire time. Depending on corral placement, I will have to decide whether to drop back. Anyway, I am considering racing the 10k just because I haven’t actually raced a 10k in a while and I’d like to see what I can do. Then I could take the HM easy. Or if I am close to a POT or don’t get the PR I was hoping for, I could take the 10k easy and race the HM. Decisions, decisions.
On the costume front I got a tank that is blue and Snow White themed (it says “Whistle while you run”). I found some yellow running shorts and a bright red sports bra to complete it. I am debating visor vs headband but will probably go visor. If I wear a headband I will need to carry sunglasses, and I really don’t want to do that, or suck it up with the sunrise, which I also don’t want to do. I think that decision has now been made. Now to find a red visor.
I am going to use my Minnie shorts/tank/visor combo from a prior race for the 10K. My husband bought an Anna running shirt from Etsy for the HM. Not worrying about a coordinating costume made it easier for both of us.

YEAHHHHHHH we are next! I just got back from Marathon Weekend and cannot wait to get back to do it again. 7 weeks! How's everyone's training going? I am definitely taking this week completely off, after running 39.3 miles this weekend. Then just keeping up basic fitness until the races. Only race times I'm gunning for, are good times :smooth:
My training is good, I completed a dress rehearsal for all three Princess Weekend races last Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and I didn’t die, didn‘t hurt myself, and finished all 3 fast enough for Disney, so I know I’ll have no problem with that actual racing part of the weekend. The early wake-ups will be another thing, but I have a training plan for that too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter