• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Weekend 2022

I’d like to do a meet up at HH’s, but don’t arrive until Saturday, since I’m running only the half this time. I’ll need to fit in the expo Saturday afternoon, too, so it might not be possible.

I still don’t know my actual arrival day. I’m waiting on some work logistics to sort out. It could be as late as Friday then I would have to get to the expo that day too. If the timing works, I’d love to meet some of you fine folks.

I'm arriving late on Wednesday night.

My plan so far is:
- Thurs : Expo + DS for an early dinner
- Fri : 5k + HS
- Sat : 10k + AK (but might change parks at the last minute since Everest will be under refurb)
- Sun : HM + brunch at Wine Bar George + pick-up hubby and two kids at the airport after lunch

I'm free and unattached until Sunday 12:30 so I'm fine for a meet-up whenever :) My goal in the parks is just to do a few e-tickets that I can't do usually because my husband and kids are scared of bigger rides.

I arrive on Friday so I couldn't do anything before that... otherwise I'm a firm "probably" :)
I’d like to do a meet up at HH’s, but don’t arrive until Saturday, since I’m running only the half this time. I’ll need to fit in the expo Saturday afternoon, too, so it might not be possible.
I’d be down for a meetup
I still don’t know my actual arrival day. I’m waiting on some work logistics to sort out. It could be as late as Friday then I would have to get to the expo that day too. If the timing works, I’d love to meet some of you fine folks.
I'm doing all 3 races, and will love to meet up. I"m hoping to not go to the parks on Sat to rest up for the half.
I'm arriving late on Wednesday night.

My plan so far is:
- Thurs : Expo + DS for an early dinner
- Fri : 5k + HS
- Sat : 10k + AK (but might change parks at the last minute since Everest will be under refurb)
- Sun : HM + brunch at Wine Bar George + pick-up hubby and two kids at the airport after lunch

I'm free and unattached until Sunday 12:30 so I'm fine for a meet-up whenever :) My goal in the parks is just to do a few e-tickets that I can't do usually because my husband and kids are scared of bigger rides.

How about Saturday at Hurricane Hannah's at Beach Club at 2:30-4:30pm? If people want to stay later, that's fine, but I'd probably duck out around then to head back to SS, get dinner, and go to bed. HH is a good spot because it's between EPCOT/DHS and the Boardwalk tends to be easily accessible from other resorts. We can pivot to something inside if it's raining.

And for those lurkers (I know you're reading this...), you're welcome too. :wave2: Just because you don't post, doesn't mean you can't come meet everyone. We're a friendly bunch.

Hopefully, when race day gets closer we'll get more info about these designated arrival times for start groups and determine the feasibility of pre-race morning meetups as well.

How about Saturday at Hurricane Hannah's at Beach Club at 2:30-4:30pm? If people want to stay later, that's fine, but I'd probably duck out around then to head back to SS, get dinner, and go to bed. HH is a good spot because it's between EPCOT/DHS and the Boardwalk tends to be easily accessible from other resorts. We can pivot to something inside if it's raining.

And for those lurkers (I know you're reading this...), you're welcome too. :wave2: Just because you don't post, doesn't mean you can't come meet everyone. We're a friendly bunch.

Hopefully, when race day gets closer we'll get more info about these designated arrival times for start groups and determine the feasibility of pre-race morning meetups as well.
Saturday is my Epcot day, so this is perfect!

Sounds terrific!

My friend was asking me today how she could spectate for the 10k and I realized I have no clue. What does one do if they want to be at the finish line? Thanks!

My friend was asking me today how she could spectate for the 10k and I realized I have no clue. What does one do if they want to be at the finish line? Thanks!

For the usual 10k course, there are a couple of options for spectating. If she wants to be at the finish line, and is staying onsite, then she can take one of the race buses to Epcot. Or if she has a car, she can drive. The 10k course also goes into the Boardwalk/YC/BC area, so that is also a possibility. But if she does that, she would not be able to see you at the finish.

For the usual 10k course, there are a couple of options for spectating. If she wants to be at the finish line, and is staying onsite, then she can take one of the race buses to Epcot. Or if she has a car, she can drive. The 10k course also goes into the Boardwalk/YC/BC area, so that is also a possibility. But if she does that, she would not be able to see you at the finish.
Thank you - great info. Just to be sure - with any new COVID protocols/changes, is spectating actually happening? And since I'm new to this - what time would I finish if it takes me close to an hour and a half? I know I don't know what time I'd actually start, but general timeline?

with any new COVID protocols/changes, is spectating actually happening?

Yes. Here's a video from the 2021 Wine and Dine HM. I've started the video at the finish line and you can see a sparse crowd there. But definitely less than normal.

And since I'm new to this - what time would I finish if it takes me close to an hour and a half? I know I don't know what time I'd actually start, but general timeline?

The race starts at 5am and the last person to start is around 6am. So your finish time would be 6:30-7:30am based on this window and your 1.5hr estimate. What did you put as your estimated pace on your registration? That would dictate your starting group and your rough starting time. I can be more accurate on your finish time prediction then.

Yes. Here's a video from the 2021 Wine and Dine HM. I've started the video at the finish line and you can see a sparse crowd there. But definitely less than normal.

The race starts at 5am and the last person to start is around 6am. So your finish time would be 6:30-7:30am based on this window and your 1.5hr estimate. What did you put as your estimated pace on your registration? That would dictate your starting group and your rough starting time. I can be more accurate on your finish time prediction then.
THANK YOU! I selected the slowest time available.

I am a maybe for the meet up! Would love to meet all of you... really depends on our park plans that day, and how I feel after the 10k. We're staying at VGF so might just do MK on the monorail after the race, but I'm adding this meet up to the calendar if we end up at Epcot (which is a distinct possibility!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter