• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Weekend 2022

I had a reservation at both the Swan and at Pop Century for Princess Weekend. We gave the Dolphin a try during Marathon Weekend. I loved it but DS who will be traveling with me just found the little inconveniences of not staying at an official Disney hotel a little too inconvenient. So I canceled the Swan and we are back to Pop. I do love Pop for race weekends, but I have to say the Dolphin had great race transportation too if anyone is considering that.

I had a reservation at both the Swan and at Pop Century for Princess Weekend. We gave the Dolphin a try during Marathon Weekend. I loved it but DS who will be traveling with me just found the little inconveniences of not staying at an official Disney hotel a little too inconvenient. So I canceled the Swan and we are back to Pop. I do love Pop for race weekends, but I have to say the Dolphin had great race transportation too if anyone is considering that.
We are at Dolphin and I've been trying to add on one more night and it's all sold out! Good to hear the transportation is good!

We’re doing Yacht Club (first time at a BW Resort!) until after race weekend and then switching to Dolphin. Excited to try it out! Apologies for the tangent question but how was transit to other parks/the airport staying at one of the Swan/Dolphin hotels? Pretty comparable to Disney busses?

We’re doing Yacht Club (first time at a BW Resort!) until after race weekend and then switching to Dolphin. Excited to try it out! Apologies for the tangent question but how was transit to other parks/the airport staying at one of the Swan/Dolphin hotels? Pretty comparable to Disney busses?
This was one of the things my DS didn't like: You don't get dropped off in the same places that the Disney buses drop you off. For example, the MK bus drops you at the TTC and you have to monorail or ferry in. And the AK bus left you on the other side of the parking lot where there is just a little shelter. Not a huge deal to me but it was enough for him to make us go scurrying back to the Disney bubble.
Edited to add that airport transportation isn't really an issue anymore now that Magical Express has gone away. We used the Mears transport and we were on the same bus as folks traveling to BW/YC/BC actually. And we were dropped first :smooth:

Seeing that both RunDisney and a few charities still have bibs left for the half, I’m sitting here debating if I should fly to Orlando and get a room for two nights just to run the half marathon… by myself.

Of course, COViD/travel/abandoning the family for a weekend/money are all considerations. Also, I’ve never done princess weekend as that’s not typically my vibe, though must admit I love Mulan since that came out during my years as a cast member at the Disney store.

I’ve done both Star Wars and wine and dine and loved those. Not sure if this event feels similar to those other weekends as I’ve seen some complaints in past years re: princess weekend in some of the Facebook groups (of course it’s Facebook, so I’ll not take that at face value). May be time to make a pro/con list.

Seeing that both RunDisney and a few charities still have bibs left for the half, I’m sitting here debating if I should fly to Orlando and get a room for two nights just to run the half marathon… by myself.

Of course, COViD/travel/abandoning the family for a weekend/money are all considerations. Also, I’ve never done princess weekend as that’s not typically my vibe, though must admit I love Mulan since that came out during my years as a cast member at the Disney store.

I’ve done both Star Wars and wine and dine and loved those. Not sure if this event feels similar to those other weekends as I’ve seen some complaints in past years re: princess weekend in some of the Facebook groups (of course it’s Facebook, so I’ll not take that at face value). May be time to make a pro/con list.

I haven't done SW at WDW, and I've only done W&D when it was at night. I've done January twice. (and princess since 2016, I believe) Princess is a bit more... full of wide tutus and people stopping cold for photos and arms flailing and the occasional fistfight at the Expo ...but at least by 2020 that felt like it was calming down a lot.

I think you should definitely consider it. Solo trips are fun. And most people say that they meet fun people in the corrals and on the course (neither has happened with me but many others have the experience), so it's hard to feel truly alone during the events.

Question on timing - for the princess HM, if I wanted to book a massage at the GF spa after the race, what time would you suggest? I want to get some park time that day too (it's our last full day) so I was thinking 10:30 massage? I'm expecting to run the HM in 2:15 (maybe 2:30 with character photo stops), so if I start around 5:30-6am, I should be done at 8:30 at the latest (I think?). Does 10:30 seem reasonable to be back at GF or is that too aggressive? Thanks!

I’ve only ever done a Star Wars weekend so this will be my first PW race. A tad nervous about the reputation as well, but that’s just why I’m focusing on my training to hopefully zoom past all the drama while also looking fabulous ✨:P

I do expect this race will definitely have more beginners not aware of running etiquette, maybe looking to have a chill day with their friends and take photos vs running a good PR than other Disney races, so showing up early to be at the front of your corral could have some major benefits.

Question on timing - for the princess HM, if I wanted to book a massage at the GF spa after the race, what time would you suggest? I want to get some park time that day too (it's our last full day) so I was thinking 10:30 massage? I'm expecting to run the HM in 2:15 (maybe 2:30 with character photo stops), so if I start around 5:30-6am, I should be done at 8:30 at the latest (I think?). Does 10:30 seem reasonable to be back at GF or is that too aggressive? Thanks!

Based on what people at MW were saying you should definitely be starting by 5:30am unless the corral release is unprecedentedly slow. If you’re confident in your time, I think you will be at the finish area by 8am. Then it’s just a matter of getting out of the post race area and to the bus back to the resort. What are your breakfast plans?

Honestly if you’re staying at the GF, and its a matter of just walking across the resort property to get to the spa, I think a 2.5 hour buffer should be good, but I think you’ll be amazed at how quickly it flies by. Just make sure you’ve got food figured out ahead of time and don’t dally too much at the post race area.

I saw on another post someone asking about an Expo pass. What is that? Can my non racer friend come with me to the Expo?

I saw on another post someone asking about an Expo pass. What is that? Can my non racer friend come with me to the Expo?

your friend can come. Your expo pass is essentially a receipt that you completed your online waiver. You need it to pick up your bib. And if you have technical issues with your waiver, they are easily addressed at the expo.

The last time I attended Princess weekend was back in 2012. I must have forgotten why I switched to Nov. and Jan. run weekends.
Training was going great until right before Xmas. Holiday, sickness and weather have brought training to a grinding halt.
I need to switch to the treadmill and I HATE the treadmill. I keep attempting runs and cut them short.
I need to remember not to sign up for runs past Marathon weekend. Glad I signed up for the 10k vs the half.

Okay, Running Royalty out there, what characters would you most like to see on-course?
I saw on YouTube one year they had *all* the princes together! The line would be horrendous but I would have to stop.
My plan is to stop for all characters anyway but that's one I would say no matter the line.
Also would like to see Merida, Tiana, and maybe Mulan as Ping? Has anybody seen Mulan as Ping before in the parks?

Okay, Running Royalty out there, what characters would you most like to see on-course?
I saw on YouTube one year they had *all* the princes together! The line would be horrendous but I would have to stop.
My plan is to stop for all characters anyway but that's one I would say no matter the line.
Also would like to see Merida, Tiana, and maybe Mulan as Ping? Has anybody seen Mulan as Ping before in the parks?
The Princes would definitely be cool, either as a group or singly. Or maybe do royal couples (and the warrior couple, Mulan and Shang).

I don’t know if they’d ever do this, but it would be hilarious if, for each race, they‘d have a random, unrelated character dressed up as that race’s Princess. Like Donald Duck dressed as Cinderella for the 5K or something.

Why do i not have unlimited wealth so I can just go to all of the disney races in person? :sad1:

All of the horror stories aside, i think it would be a fun time, plus it's DISNEY and not feels-like-minus-whatever for the next while here.

I'd love Mulan as Ping, since I'll probably be dressed like that for the HM!

I'd also like Moana, since she's so hard to see usually.

No other preferences really.

Do you think Raya could be out there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter