Proposal Help - FerryTale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise

wareagle57

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done this since it was revamped from the FerryTale Wishes Dessert Cruise? I see several reviews online of the old one, but can't find any from since HAE started.

I'm thinking about booking this and proposing in a few weeks, but I'd like to know how crowded the viewing is once the fireworks begin. I'd like to propose during them, but obviously don't want to get in anyone's way or cause too much of a disturbance.

I'd also like to know if there would possibly be a photopass cast member on board that could capture the moment. It's not a total deal breaker, but like most ideas that aren't just asking in front of the castle, being able to get a picture of the event is a concern.

When are you planning to go? I'm going in about 2 weeks so I could report back on how it is then if it's not too late!

When are you planning to go? I'm going in about 2 weeks so I could report back on how it is then if it's not too late!

April 13th would be the date. We only have 1 day (14th) in the MK. I know she'll want to take pictures with the ring there during the daylight. So I am torn between trying something special the night before like this cruise or from the Contemporary observation deck...or just doing it in the park the next day.

April 13th would be the date. We only have 1 day (14th) in the MK. I know she'll want to take pictures with the ring there during the daylight. So I am torn between trying something special the night before like this cruise or from the Contemporary observation deck...or just doing it in the park the next day.
That’s actually the day we’re going! From what I’ve read, it sounds like it’s a really special event and you have a great view for the fireworks. Apparently they limit it to only 150 on the boat so there should be plenty of room. Personally, I would love to be proposed to on the cruise and then I can have a super magical day all day at the park!

I’m not sure if there’s a photo pass photographer but I would be more than happy to help with pictures if you need it!

Also I just thought of something else. If you do the cruise the night before, you can use that as a good excuse for her to be dressed up instead of being in park clothes the next day. Lol it might not matter but most girls want to look nice for engagement pictures.

That’s actually the day we’re going! From what I’ve read, it sounds like it’s a really special event and you have a great view for the fireworks. Apparently they limit it to only 150 on the boat so there should be plenty of room. Personally, I would love to be proposed to on the cruise and then I can have a super magical day all day at the park!

I’m not sure if there’s a photo pass photographer but I would be more than happy to help with pictures if you need it!

Oh my gosh! That would be amazing! I just got off the phone with Disney and they couldn't tell me for sure if there would be a photographer on board. If there is a way we could coordinate that isn't an inconvenience to you I would be forever grateful!

Also I just thought of something else. If you do the cruise the night before, you can use that as a good excuse for her to be dressed up instead of being in park clothes the next day. Lol it might not matter but most girls want to look nice for engagement pictures.

That is definitely an added plus. I had not considered the possibility of hair and makeup getting messed up/sweaty in the parks. Doing in the arrival night will make the rest of the trip more enjoyable I think!

Oh my gosh! That would be amazing! I just got off the phone with Disney and they couldn't tell me for sure if there would be a photographer on board. If there is a way we could coordinate that isn't an inconvenience to you I would be forever grateful!

That is definitely an added plus. I had not considered the possibility of hair and makeup getting messed up/sweaty in the parks. Doing in the arrival night will make the rest of the trip more enjoyable I think!
Yeah I'd be more than happy to help! You can send me a message on here and we can coordinate.

We expect a report back and some pictures!! good luck!!

Just got back. All went well. I will be posting a full review with pictures as soon as I can figure out how to get the photopass pictures to download on my work computer! Thanks everyone for the help, and a special shoutout to AshleyP13 and her husband who helped take pictures and make the moment possible!

Just got back. All went well. I will be posting a full review with pictures as soon as I can figure out how to get the photopass pictures to download on my work computer! Thanks everyone for the help, and a special shoutout to AshleyP13 and her husband who helped take pictures and make the moment possible!
It was a beautiful and amazing proposal! I’m so glad we were able to help you out!

How was the cruise with the new fireworks? We are in Disney for one night and are not getting passes. I was thinking of booking this. I look forward to seeing the engagement photos

I am just now reading this...how sweet and romantic! Can't wait to read the update. Congrats!!:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter