Prosecutors Ask For 20 Years for Duggar

I think that in order to get a second chance, certain sex offenders should have to agree to castration. If they don't then they should stay locked up. You can never guarantee they won't be near of have access to children and I don't think that is a risk worth taking.

Everyone who wrote him a letter of support should have to look through the CSM that was shown in the trial.

He's a predator. And in 20 years he'll still be a predator.
Absolutely not. Those children don't need more people to see those images.
And the letters of support are not saying CSA isn't bad. They are saying Josh was not the one to download and look at them.

Absolutely not. Those children don't need more people to see those images.
And the letters of support are not saying CSA isn't bad. They are saying Josh was not the one to download and look at them.
You're right.

I just can't believe anyone would think he's innocent after hearing the evidence or would speak to his upstanding character.

ETA: And if they think he's innocent, they won't do anything to protect children when he is released. So tragic his supporters can't look at this and see the monster he is.

You're right.

I just can't believe anyone would think he's innocent after hearing the evidence or would speak to his upstanding character.

ETA: And if they think he's innocent, they won't do anything to protect children when he is released. So tragic his supporters can't look at this and see the monster he is.
I'm hoping that the judge sees this. If his supporters, i.e., the letter-writers, think he's innocent--why would they protect children from him? In the case of Michelle, she did nothing to protect her own daughters (after he "confessed"--admitted what he did because someone "ratted" on him). I wouldn't trust her to protect her own grandchildren.

historically, the courts are too lenient. when i was a child I had a family member who assaulted their babysitter! they guy served some time (i'm not sure how much as I was a kid). But, now as an adult, i have seen him at family gatherings! He hangs out and chats with people like nothing ever happened. I saw him at a wedding a couple years ago, I wasn't sure who he was so I asked my mom "is that so and so?" she confirmed it. We all kept our distance. I told my kids to steer clear of him. Don't ever let yourself be associated with him.

I firmly believe that once a person shows you who they really are, you better believe them! he was capable of doing harm then...he is capable now too.

We also had a neighbor growing up who all the kids called Chester the molester. we knew to stay away from that guy too.

historically, the courts are too lenient. when i was a child I had a family member who assaulted their babysitter! they guy served some time (i'm not sure how much as I was a kid). But, now as an adult, i have seen him at family gatherings! He hangs out and chats with people like nothing ever happened. I saw him at a wedding a couple years ago, I wasn't sure who he was so I asked my mom "is that so and so?" she confirmed it. We all kept our distance. I told my kids to steer clear of him. Don't ever let yourself be associated with him.

I firmly believe that once a person shows you who they really are, you better believe them! he was capable of doing harm then...he is capable now too.

We also had a neighbor growing up who all the kids called Chester the molester. we knew to stay away from that guy too.

Yes. He has shown them who he is. The problem is they believe it’s Satan’s thoughts not Josh… they are not assigning blame to where it belongs.…on their shoulder as well as Josh’s shoulder AND ANNA’S.

All 4 of them hold responsibilities that have nothing to do with God, Satan, praying it away, reading the Bible etc. they just don’t accept that.

Jim Bob and Michelle raised and NURTURED a pedophile and Anna married and stayed married and made children with a pedophile.

I would disagree. The Courts hands are tied by the laws. You certainly could make the argument the laws are too lenient, but in the Duggar case 20 years is what the law says the maximum sentence can. The elephant in the room is that our society and it's laws since the 1960's have shifted to also asking Courts to consider the mental health of the person. The thinking being that a mentally ill person should not be held to the same standard as anyone else.

Something I have never understood.

If an individual has a mind that is so UTTERLY DEPRAVED that they seek out the unspeakable exploitation of children,why is their punishment not either Death or Life Imprisonment?

Why do we EVER release them back into Society?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...sedgntp&cvid=d1c3aa29bb63449c8b42501ef8c1c634
Jim Bob Duggar used the line that pedophiles should be punished with the death penalty back in the day when he ran for office(the first time). Surprisingly enough no word on how he feels about this now we all know what his own kid has done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter