PTN dining or find a spot?

CandMmommy

September
we haven't been to Disney since 2013 (or with 3 kids ) and haven't seen PTN. My girls will be 10, 7 and almost 3 when we go in October. Is it worth the dining package, or should we just take our chance on finding a decent place?
We will be in the park out 17-20th of Oct.

No one really knows what things will be like in October at this point. It would probably be better to ask this question again in late summer to find out what the crowds for PtN are like (i.e., are the curb side spots still filling up 1 to 2 hours before the parade steps off), what will the schedule be (i.e., one or two parades that night), how many nights do you have to choose from (i.e., some nights during your trip are likely to have MHP), and how things are going with the dining package (elements of the package, like the size and viewing areas, may change in the next eight months).

As always, figment has great advice. I think it also depends on how important the parade is to you. My son loves Mack and has been excited for this parade since we first saw it on YT. Plus hubby and I like to dine out and would love at least one nice meal in the park. So really, for us, the BB PtN package is a no brainer

What about now. We go to DLR at least annually but we're not 'parade people'. :) I would like to see PTN at the end of the month. Any tips?

What about now. We go to DLR at least annually but we're not 'parade people'. :) I would like to see PTN at the end of the month. Any tips?
I think the Aladdin's Oasis on-the-go (or eat there) package looks pretty good - for $23 for each adult the price is much lower than Blue Bayou. Seating is across from Small World. I'm thinking about it for our spring trip.

It's easier to find a spot for the second parade on the weekends. I was there this past Saturday and found a bench spot just to the right of the castle heading towards Fantasyland/Matterhorn 45 minutes before the 10pm parade.

It's easier to find a spot for the second parade on the weekends. I was there this past Saturday and found a bench spot just to the right of the castle heading towards Fantasyland/Matterhorn 45 minutes before the 10pm parade.

Agree. We were there last Saturday and sat for the second parade a little less than an hour before. It was not crowded at all and we had plenty of space and a great view in the raised area across from IASW (around the corner from the Aladin dining package area). I'd only do the Aladin dining package if you need to do the first parade/try to catch fireworks. (This may change over spring break and summer when the crowds are heavier.) We were there on a windy night so there was no fireworks.

Last edited:

I think the Aladdin's Oasis on-the-go (or eat there) package looks pretty good - for $23 for each adult the price is much lower than Blue Bayou. Seating is across from Small World. I'm thinking about it for our spring trip.
We just did that today. Total waste of money from our experience. The meals were terrible, kids didn't even like them. And while we did get seats up along the rope line, so did the people in the non-reserve area just across from us who showed up 20min later than we did.

Agree with the other posters that the second parade (if there is one) is easier for finding spots. Also, if you are fine with not sitting curbside, finding good spots in the second row is quite doable. We've never had to wait more than about 10-15 minutes for good spots for the second parade.

Tell me more about the bench spots. Since the benches are a bit back from the curb, do you have people sitting and standing in front of you. Or are you actually able to sit on the bench while watching the parade?

We will be there in June (second week) and I was wondering the same thing. I was planning on doing the BB PTN package since we are already planning on dining there anyways, but after reading that the second parade is less crowded, I am going to have to rethink my plans.

Last edited:
Tell me more about the bench spots. Since the benches are a bit back from the curb, do you have people sitting and standing in front of you. Or are you actually able to sit on the bench while watching the parade?

We weren't on Main Street. The benches we sat on are on the pathway to Fanasyland/Matterhorn, no curbs.. There really isn't much room for people to sit in front of you in that area and no one did when we were there. I suppose someone could squeeze in if you let them.

We also debated whether to do the reserved spots or not. We ended up grabbing a wonderful spot 1.5 hours before the parade across from the Aladdin reserved area on one of the corners of the pathway to Toontown. It was perfect. An hour before the 7 p.m parade there were lots of on-the-rope spots available. Even a half hour before there were spots still available with great views. This was on a Thursday night with only one parade.

Thanks for asking this question! I've been wondering the same. Only, we're going the first weekend of April and I'm assuming crowd levels will be at a max. Will the 2nd parade still be quieter? I don't really want to do a dining package as I think it's just a waste on the kids.

We just did that today. Total waste of money from our experience. The meals were terrible, kids didn't even like them. And while we did get seats up along the rope line, so did the people in the non-reserve area just across from us who showed up 20min later than we did.
Thank you for sharing how it went. I'm so sorry to hear it was disappointing. I decided earlier this week to just pass on the dining package and instead just go early looking for a good spot on our own.

Waiting for the parade now after doing Aladdin's Oasis package. We enjoyed our meals, but don't do it for the parade benefit. We showed up a little after 7 for 8 pm parade. The half of the tiered section (closest to Matterhorn) by IASW is not reserved and there was plenty of spots against the rails.
There IS a part directly across from IASW roped off along the road for the reserved section. These spots were already taken when we got there. Well, there was room for the two of us to get a spot there if we wanted, but hubs preferred to just sit up against the rail (well stand when starts).
In general this area is not as popular as Main Street so there was tons of space available. Half hour to go and there are still decent spots to be had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter