PTR: A Spring Fling on the Dark Side ...2 Muggles Celebrate in Diagon Alley!

Hi Gina!
I just had to let you know that I purchased our Sea World and Aquatica APs today! And before I could recover from that......I booked our Discovery Cove day (with Sea Venture!!) for August 29th. :cool1: Using the Sea World AP made for some great savings.

I am very grateful for your good advice and thrilled with my, gulp, purchases today.

What a great way to shake my January blahs! It is SO cold out!

Now I'm in full planning mode.....what's next to investigate.....!!!

Hi Gina!
I just had to let you know that I purchased our Sea World and Aquatica APs today! And before I could recover from that......I booked our Discovery Cove day (with Sea Venture!!) for August 29th. :cool1: Using the Sea World AP made for some great savings.

I am very grateful for your good advice and thrilled with my, gulp, purchases today.

What a great way to shake my January blahs! It is SO cold out!

Now I'm in full planning mode.....what's next to investigate.....!!!

Woo hoo!! That deserves a dance! :banana: :dance3: :banana:

You are going to have an amazing time :thumbsup2 . DC is da bomb! Did you opt for the dolphin swim or the day resort package?

As far as what's next to investigate.....have you thought about purchasing the SeaWorld Photokey? I am pretty sure you get a discount as a passmember (20%, if I remember correctly), and at non-discounted price of $99 for a whole year, it could save you a ton on pics at SeaWorld and Aquatica. It might be worth a look.....when you recover from today's sticker shock ;) :rotfl: :

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/dine-and-shop/shopping/photokey/

Yes, we are all doing the dolphin swim and sea venture.

Your suggestion about the photo pass is just the kind of thing I was hoping you'd point me toward! What is your opinion on the Quick Queue and the All day Dining at Sea World? I know you loved your cabana experiences.....am I entitled to discounts with the AP?

Oh, so much to learn......! Thanks, Gina!

Yes, we are all doing the dolphin swim and sea venture.

Your suggestion about the photo pass is just the kind of thing I was hoping you'd point me toward! What is your opinion on the Quick Queue and the All day Dining at Sea World? I know you loved your cabana experiences.....am I entitled to discounts with the AP?

Oh, so much to learn......! Thanks, Gina!

Can't wait to hear how you enjoy SeaVenture. That's still on our to-do list some day!

Quick Queue....we always get it. If rides are going to be one of your priorities (my guys adore the coasters....in particular, Manta!) then its wonderful to not be waiting in line for a good part of your day.

The SeaWorld all-day dining....with the recent removal of breakfast from the plan, its not quite as awesome of a deal as it was before. HOWEVER...you're going in August, and its going to be hotter than the face of the sun :faint: . You will drink your plan value in water bottles alone. So yes, I totally recommend it!

Your combo AP will get you 20% off a cabana rental at Aquatica. Another excellent investment in the heat and sun of the summer, IMHO....especially when you consider you get towel rentals, a locker rental, and water bottles too. They're really a decent deal. We always go with the cheapest ones (Cutback Cove) and we adore the shady, lush foliage there.

Kind of exciting planning something new, isn't it?? :)

Can't wait to hear how you enjoy SeaVenture. That's still on our to-do list some day!

Quick Queue....we always get it. If rides are going to be one of your priorities (my guys adore the coasters....in particular, Manta!) then its wonderful to not be waiting in line for a good part of your day.

The SeaWorld all-day dining....with the recent removal of breakfast from the plan, its not quite as awesome of a deal as it was before. HOWEVER...you're going in August, and its going to be hotter than the face of the sun :faint: . You will drink your plan value in water bottles alone. So yes, I totally recommend it!

Your combo AP will get you 20% off a cabana rental at Aquatica. Another excellent investment in the heat and sun of the summer, IMHO....especially when you consider you get towel rentals, a locker rental, and water bottles too. They're really a decent deal. We always go with the cheapest ones (Cutback Cove) and we adore the shady, lush foliage there.

Kind of exciting planning something new, isn't it?? :)

Yes, it is VERY exciting to be planning something I know little about! But, thanks to your wonderful trip reports, I don't feel like I'm stumbling around blindly!
I will investigate both the Quick Queue and all-day dining in advance of our trip. Thank for your advice. :worship:I really appreciate your words of wisdom. I also appreciate your enthusiasm for my, and others', plans! It is infectious!

I will be eagerly awaiting your plans for your most up-coming trip and hearing about it all afterward!

So, with the Dis down all day, I had a little time to work on my PTR :surfweb: .

Accommodations

Selecting accommodations for our May trip was a bit of a challenge. There were several nifty options that each had their merit. It didn’t really matter what we chose, in every instance we would be gaining something and yet losing something. And of course, we’re not millionaires by any stretch, so the ever-present budget considerations always had to be kept in mind, especially with three trips in the works for this year.

Originally, the plan was to stay in our villa at the Sheraton Vistana Resort. As many of you know, we own two timeshares there (one week each in a two bedroom, two bathroom unit) and we had long since reserved those weeks for our May trip (the 1st to the 8th) and our October trip (the 10th to the 17th). Somewhere over the course of the Christmas season (between Boxing Day and New Years Day, to be exact!) we decided, as a family, that we wanted to do Christmas 2015 in Orlando ... then our carefully laid plans needed an immediate adjustment.

May and October are no-kids trips, as I’ve already mentioned. Christmas will be all four of us....Steve, Jake, Sweetie and myself. Christmas will also capture the highest per-night rate, since its one of the busiest times of year to visit, as compared to May and October. Our villa sleeps 8, and our maintenance fees are a very reasonable $906 for the week, so it made sense both space-wise and price-wise to switch up our existing reservations for either May or October to Christmas, and seek an alternative for one of the other two holidays.

Our “home away from home”:

A quick call to Starwood on January 2nd, and our May villa reservation became December (19th to 26th!). Easy peasy. Then the May accommodations search began in earnest.

With Universal APs already purchased and knowing that this was predominantly a Universal-only vacation, we first checked out the onsite properties, narrowing it down to Royal Pacific and Cabana Bay. Royal Pacific, obviously, was the top pick for the unlimited Express alone (though we weren’t sure it was really needed when we had Express after 4 pm with our Premier APs and a forecast of low to moderate crowds). Price wise, Cheaptickets offered the best rate at $1305 for the week....but when you add in the exchange rate, we were looking are more like $1700 Canadian. Ouch.

Cabana Bay....well, the theming didn’t appeal as much as Royal Pacific, but we liked the fact that each room had a fridge and microwave. And the lazy river and pools looked fun. Early entry would be awesome for Diagon Alley, but a tiny 300 square foot room will run us $615 for the week through Cheaptickets, or almost $775 with the exchange.

Then, there’s parking added to both. Sigh. Yet, it would be soooo convenient to be “right there”...ya know?

Suffice it to say, we have been spoiled by staying at the Vistana. It’s hard to imagine not having a washer and dryer in our room. Or a full sized fridge. A standard coffee maker (gotta have our Tim Hortons in the morning!). And to have to pay for parking. We love having a full slate of resort amenities at our disposal when we don’t feel like hitting the parks...7 pools, 6 hot tubs, dive-in movies, the Farmers Market, and more.

Especially when we’re not travelling with the kids, we knew we would miss the tranquility of the gardens and the ponds. I love nothing more than to take an early morning or evening stroll, feeding the ducks and breathing in the fresh southern air.

It’s just so relaxing.

So.....we checked out a week’s stay at SVR. Via their website, it would be $1078.40 USD ($1350 CDN) for the week, tax included, no cancellations allowed. And that’s for a one-bedroom villa, considering there was really no justifiable need for anything larger when it’s just us two lovebirds. Pretty darn ‘spensive, we thought, considering its low season.

Adding SVR as a a hotel to our Jetblue airfare (converting it to a Getaway) was marginally less pricey, but not by much. Cabana Bay was looking like the forerunner.

Next up, I checked Interval International. While our membership had expired (since we use our weeks at SVR and have no desire to exchange at this point, paying for a membership isn’t warranted) I was still able to view their Getaways. A one bedroom for our dates at SVR was $450, plus the $89 membership fee. Slightly less in total than Cabana Bay, plus no parking fees and more in-room amenities. We were getting closer!

Then, I remembered pigletto....and her awesome SVR deal from last December, gleaned through Skyauction. Before committing to SVR via Interval, it was worth a peek....so imagine how delighted I was to find our desired one bedroom with our exact check-in date for a very budget-friendly $399 + $20 admin fee :cheer2:. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

I presented the options and prices to Steve, who picked the SVR week without hesitation. Thankfully, he too shares my vision of how our downtime in Orlando should be spent, and this resort just checks all of our boxes. We have a couple of resort days / down days built into our vacation, so we actually use all those awesome amenities and take part in the fun activities that the SVR staff works so diligently to offer to guests. I placed a bid with Skyauction, was notified shortly thereafter that I was the winner, sent them our dates, and had a guest confirmation certificate in hand within a scant two or three days. A very easy system that I would totally utilize again!

Our question now is.....should we use our savings and book one night at RPR to get early entry and unlimited express for two of our park days :scratchin? We’d be looking at $174 plus taxes for a total of $195.75 using our AP discount (assuming we book it for Sunday, May 3.....for a Sunday/Monday usage). A room at Cabana Bay (just to snag us early entry) would be $105 including tax. Not sure if its needed or warranted, so still mulling it over. Oh, for a crystal ball!

I love your new avatar Gina!!!
Mine reflects how I look in this weather lol. I don't think it's permanent though.

I'm so glad you got a great deal through SkyAuction!!! I have my eye on a week in October that would be under $600 in a 2 bedroom. If we go, that is definitely where we will end up. Hands down Vistana was the favourite place DH has stayed in all of our 10 trips. For a Disney only trip I do like to be onsite, but I can't see us doing one of those again for quite awhile. I loved the space, and I so want to relax in those pools in warmer weather than we had in December.
Are you getting the storm tonight? I am thinking tomorrow will be a snow day for the kids. Dh is going to make the call in the morning but I doubt he'll be able to drive back up to work city so he'll need to take the day and use up some of his overtime hours.
I will spend the day doing some trip planning if it turns out to be a snow day! We booked the Days Inn Duty free deal yesterday. We sent the email, had a response within the hour and were all booked after calling 5 minutes later. Easy Peasy. :)

If it was me, I'd just stay at the Vistana and not get the unlimited pass. If Steve wants to do the coasters more than a few times, he can just use single rider. Even if it's a little crowded, you will be able to use the express lines later in the day, so just hit the non express line rides as early as you can. Generally, US opens earlier they then say, so at least one day, get there early and do the Potter rides first. Do DA, then take the train and to Hogsmeade to do the rides there. Since your APs are park hoppers, spend the rest of the day exploring both parks. I always found a place to sit and relax. One of my favorite times was waiting for the kids to ride Spiderman more than a dozen times, since I can only do virtual once or twice. I sat on the curb and people watched. It was peaceful and a TM saw me, and got Spiderman to come out and he took a picture of us with my phone. Then, the kids came out, since the ride was down, they got express passes for their trouble. They promptly gave them to a confused couple, since we always stay onsite.

I love your new avatar Gina!!!
Mine reflects how I look in this weather lol. I don't think it's permanent though.

I'm so glad you got a great deal through SkyAuction!!! I have my eye on a week in October that would be under $600 in a 2 bedroom. If we go, that is definitely where we will end up. Hands down Vistana was the favourite place DH has stayed in all of our 10 trips. For a Disney only trip I do like to be onsite, but I can't see us doing one of those again for quite awhile. I loved the space, and I so want to relax in those pools in warmer weather than we had in December.
Are you getting the storm tonight? I am thinking tomorrow will be a snow day for the kids. Dh is going to make the call in the morning but I doubt he'll be able to drive back up to work city so he'll need to take the day and use up some of his overtime hours.
I will spend the day doing some trip planning if it turns out to be a snow day! We booked the Days Inn Duty free deal yesterday. We sent the email, had a response within the hour and were all booked after calling 5 minutes later. Easy Peasy. :)

lol, I thought it was time for a change (new Disboards, new Avatar) and a perfect time to showcase a little of my minion love. Yours is absolutely perfect as well!! I cannot wait to see your "slippery piglet" change to "spring piglet" in (hopefully!) another six weeks. This weather is soooo taxing.

Yes, speaking of weather, we are indeed getting another big storm :sad: . I think it hit here much later than your region, though....it arrived sometime overnight (and hasn't stopped since....blah!). The blowing and wind chill are horrible, in particular :cold: . I laughed right out loud this morning when I got a text notification while I was on my way to work. When I finally parked the car in a snowdrift in the parking lot, I checked to see who the message was from....and it was Sweetie. It read "Morning Gina, just woke up and am wishing Florida came a little sooner!". lol, that girl might be the right person to be my future daughter-in-law after all :rolleyes: . Its a snow day for the elementary and secondary school kids here, but the college is still open, so Jake was off to his classes as scheduled.

Thank you SO much for the reminder about the park and fly! I must do that for our October trip today, before it slips my mind yet again. I want to be sure I lock in at the $109 price just in case rates go up. And its another thing I can click off my to-do list.....Lord knows I need to work on shortening that!!!

Have you kind of narrowed down what week you might be looking at in October, if that trip becomes a reality? Just wondering (hoping!) it might be the same one we are there.....:goodvibes .

If it was me, I'd just stay at the Vistana and not get the unlimited pass. If Steve wants to do the coasters more than a few times, he can just use single rider. Even if it's a little crowded, you will be able to use the express lines later in the day, so just hit the non express line rides as early as you can. Generally, US opens earlier they then say, so at least one day, get there early and do the Potter rides first. Do DA, then take the train and to Hogsmeade to do the rides there. Since your APs are park hoppers, spend the rest of the day exploring both parks. I always found a place to sit and relax. One of my favorite times was waiting for the kids to ride Spiderman more than a dozen times, since I can only do virtual once or twice. I sat on the curb and people watched. It was peaceful and a TM saw me, and got Spiderman to come out and he took a picture of us with my phone. Then, the kids came out, since the ride was down, they got express passes for their trouble. They promptly gave them to a confused couple, since we always stay onsite.

All good advice....thank you Lynne! It would be nice to put that $200 towards something else, especially if unlimited Express really isn't needed. With so many days at our disposal, our after-4pm Express with our Premier passes, and arriving before park opening (no teenagers to rouse from their beds!) I am pretty sure we can get through with no issues.

That is soooo cool about meeting Spidey! I am hoping they will allow me to go through the ride queue so that both Steve and I can get our pic on our Photoconnect card. I definitely won't be a rider on that one....the motion rides aren't the kindest to my head. Its so nice to hear the great customer service by the Universal team members. Disney tends to get all the glory there, when we found the Uni staff to be as wonderful as their Disney counterparts....or better!

Whaaaaat? You've had a PTR going for over a week, and I'm just realizing now!?!?! What am I asleep at the wheel or something?

Okay, I'm along now - just need to go back and start at the beginning...

Whaaaaat? You've had a PTR going for over a week, and I'm just realizing now!?!?! What am I asleep at the wheel or something?

Okay, I'm along now - just need to go back and start at the beginning...

Geez, Munro, what on earth took you so long??? :snail:

I was beginning to think you were mad at me :rolleyes2.

I am super glad to have you joining in :). Its always refreshing to have a guy's perspective to add to the mix.

Mother Nature has decided she hates us this week, and we’ve had a winter’s worth of snow in just a few days. It’s been bitter cold to boot….-30 Celsius :cold:….making everyone on the whole (clients, co-workers, even the grocery store tellers) just a wee bit crabby. Spring may only be 6 weeks away, but it feels like forever!! The weather man says there’s more of the white stuff on the way for us again tonight, so I’m guessing we’ll be digging ourselves out again in the morning.

I spent some time this morning getting my travel binder all fixed up, and I started separate folders for our October and December trips. I had a bit of a mish-mash of stuff all blended together, and decided it was time to separate and organize for my sanity’s sake. One of my bosses has also booked for the same week in May (we travel Friday to Friday, he’s Sunday to Sunday) so I’ve been working on his travel binder today as well….some days, I do have the best job in the world, lol. It must be a side effect of the dreadful weather, but this guy (who is normally a huge procrastinator) has been very motivated to make some pre-vacation decisions all of a sudden, so I’ve been purchasing his Groupons and scheduling his activities while the interest is still there. As a result, there’s a lot of Florida chat happening around the office these days. I must admit, it’s a lot of fun!

On a personal level….

Back in early January, Steve and I decided to shed some of our bad habits and adopt a more healthy lifestyle. I don’t want to say we’re dieting, because quite honestly, that’s what we are trying to avoid….short-term, dramatic changes that will yield equally short-term results once we go back to more “normal” habits. Instead, we embarked on dietary changes that we can sustain over the long haul including eating more fruits and veggies, indulging in few to no desserts (particularly difficult for me and my sweet tooth) and daily exercise. We took every single box of chocolate that we received from various well-meaning sources over the holiday season and delivered it to someone whom we knew would enjoy it. If it’s in the house, we’ll eat it….if not, the temptation is gone. I think my body went into a bit of a shock the first week or so, but its growing much, much easier to make smart choices. We have been working hard to reduce the ridiculous supply of canned goods and our unwarranted freezer stockpile and focusing on fresh and healthy. While I anticipated it would feel very restrictive to do so, it’s actually rather freeing. Of course, there are moments when I could sell my right arm for a cookie :o….but thankfully, those times are growing pretty rare.

We were already members at the YMCA, so we’ve made a conscious effort to increase our sporadic commitment and have been faithfully swimming every single evening and most Sunday afternoons. We both LOVE to swim….it’s a fun yet very substantial work-out to the muscles . Steve’s gone the extra step and added various other aspects to his daily workout, spending an extra hour each day lifting weights, using the elliptical, running on the treadmill, or whatever appeals on a particular day. We love the community feel of our local Y, so it’s been rather enjoyable to run into the same folks on a regular basis. And you know, while there’s been no substantial weight loss as of yet (though Steve has dropped about 10 pounds thus far) I cannot believe how much better we feel. Our energy level is up, our endurance is significantly improved, and our achy backs/knees/etc. have improved dramatically. I am very excited for the arrival of spring, where I can add some evening walks to our swimming schedule once the days grow longer and there is a little warmth in the air.

Steve’s goal is to lose 25 pounds by the time we travel in May. I don’t know if he’ll hit that target, but all the changes will have a positive impact regardless. I have no doubt we’ll be able to do a 9 to 9 park day without blinking an eye. He’s also planning to continue his daily session at one of the Vistana gyms while we are on vacation, something I would NEVER have dreamed he would consider. I am so proud of that guy! :love2:

I will say that we have no plans to punish ourselves on vacation as far as meals go. If we want a snack or dessert (or another Butterbeer), then we plan to partake and feel no guilt. All the walking at the parks and swimming at the resort tends to balance some of the indulgences out anyway, so the damage is usually much more minimal than if I did so while I sat at my desk all day long. I know there are at least a few sweet treats that are on my Universal bucket list…..a Brookie (that cookie/brownie thing) at Thunder Falls Terrace. An Otters Fizzy Orange Juice. A D’oh-nut sundae from Simpon’s Fast Food Boulevard. A big pink donut from Lard Lad. Okay…maybe that’s more than a few! :rolleyes1

I am also finding that the whole self-improvement philosophy is catching on in other areas of our existence. I have embarked on a commitment to stop biting my nails….a 40 year old habit of mine that needs to be addressed. I always said that I don’t smoke, and I don’t drink, so biting my nails was a pretty good crutch to have. Well, baloney. Time to give up the excuses. I am sure this will prove probably the most difficult of all, but I am determined to work through it. I may even treat myself to a mani/pedi before our May trip to celebrate my success, assuming that there’s success to reward. I have never been to a spa before (I have a real shortage of ladies in my life!) but received a very generous gift card for Christmas for a beautiful establishment here in my city that should cover the cost of both services. It’s a good carrot to dangle in front of me for the time being, while I still need that motivation.

And to top off all the little life adjustments…..I have stopped straightening my hair. I have retired my straightener, added some long layers, and am letting the natural waves and curls take over. A very different look for me than my straight (read: “neat and tidy”) locks, but boy…..does it ever cut down on the styling time and frustration in the mornings. And its lighter, which is a nice feeling. Steve loves it, and so does my mom (surprising, when she would normally love to sneak up behind me and cut my dark hair into a short and sleek style)…..so I guess it is a good change all around. I am still trying to become accustomed to the tousled look, but I am sure that comfort will also come. That's me, trying to let go of small aspects of unhealthy control, one small OCD tendency at a time :crazy:.

Progress, even limited progress, is a step in the right direction :) .

87 days to go!

Good for you and Steve. I try to eat healthy, but at times, all I want is something sweet.
I can be OCD at certain things. I always have a folder with me on vacation, with all print outs, coupons, maps, notes, and directions. It always seems alot when I am done, but at least I feel organized.

My DH was giving me grief for traveling 2 times last year. I think he'd have a heart attack if I suggest that this year.

And I feel that cold with ya. We are below freezing today, and I had to exert much energy to get my car door open this morning. I am sure that groundhog saw a huge shadow, as the thought of warm weather is still in dreams.

Just found your pre trip report. You will have at great time at Universal. We are luck enough to go every year but even we were blown away when we saw the New Harry Potter area last year. I come from London so to see a replica of Kings Cross was very surreal. The whole area is amazing. Can I just tell you about how my son and I were first to ride Gringotts on the morning we were there! I have told so many people but it still makes me happy to think about it. We had booked in for one night at Royal Pacific to get the two days early entry. So first day went to Islands of Adventure and rode Harry Potter three times. We always choose single rider, even when early and we always end up on the same ride together, just very lucky. So second morning my son and I get to Universal Studios at 7.35. Not meant to open till 8 but to my dismay hundreds of people already inside and ahead of us in the queue for Gringotts. So we join the back of the queue thinking we probably have a 90 minute wait. We get to where the lockers are and put our bags in there. Come out of the lockers and see the single rider entrance (we know its there because the week before we had gone at night and waited 40 minutes in line for it but worth it as main queue was three hours). So we ask attendant if we can go single rider and he says no problem. So walking down the long tunnel and thinking this is odd as no one ahead of us. Walk up the stairs and still no one. Get to the top where you get on the ride and still no one. Meet the cast members who are all excited and say Congratulations, you are our first riders of the day. We couldn't believe it, they had opened single rider before the main ride but even better, we get on the ride, they wait and nothing. Then another guy on his own comes racing up the stairs from single rider and the look on his face was the same as what must have been on ours. So he gets on with us and cast member says "well it looks like no one else is coming, so its just you three, have fun". Then the ride goes round with just three of us. We were so happy but also sad that my husband wasn't meeting us till later so missed it. Then we get off run back round to single rider and do exactly the same thing again except this time we have a few more people with us but still ride together. Could have done it again but was beginning to feel a bit queasy by then. That was in August and will be there the same time this year. Cant wait to see if that will work again!!

We also had a good lunch in the Leaky Cauldron. Very civilised and even though Universal was packed it was very pleasant in there and very well organised.

Gina.......the place looks lovely........

Good luck on the health kick.......but oh my giving up on straighteners :scared:...........that's brave!! I have 4 pairs and would lost with out them......sad I know........:rolleyes1

Hope your weather gets a bit better soon too..........:flower1:

My DH was giving me grief for traveling 2 times last year. I think he'd have a heart attack if I suggest that this year.

Was it the cost that bothered him? Or is he just not a big fan of Orlando?

I hope you guys are getting some better weather today. Our groundhog predicted an early spring (silly Wiarton Willy) but methinks we're in for another 6 weeks of winter. The snow rages on again today :mad: .

Just found your pre trip report. You will have at great time at Universal. We are luck enough to go every year but even we were blown away when we saw the New Harry Potter area last year. I come from London so to see a replica of Kings Cross was very surreal. The whole area is amazing. Can I just tell you about how my son and I were first to ride Gringotts on the morning we were there! I have told so many people but it still makes me happy to think about it. We had booked in for one night at Royal Pacific to get the two days early entry. So first day went to Islands of Adventure and rode Harry Potter three times. We always choose single rider, even when early and we always end up on the same ride together, just very lucky. So second morning my son and I get to Universal Studios at 7.35. Not meant to open till 8 but to my dismay hundreds of people already inside and ahead of us in the queue for Gringotts. So we join the back of the queue thinking we probably have a 90 minute wait. We get to where the lockers are and put our bags in there. Come out of the lockers and see the single rider entrance (we know its there because the week before we had gone at night and waited 40 minutes in line for it but worth it as main queue was three hours). So we ask attendant if we can go single rider and he says no problem. So walking down the long tunnel and thinking this is odd as no one ahead of us. Walk up the stairs and still no one. Get to the top where you get on the ride and still no one. Meet the cast members who are all excited and say Congratulations, you are our first riders of the day. We couldn't believe it, they had opened single rider before the main ride but even better, we get on the ride, they wait and nothing. Then another guy on his own comes racing up the stairs from single rider and the look on his face was the same as what must have been on ours. So he gets on with us and cast member says "well it looks like no one else is coming, so its just you three, have fun". Then the ride goes round with just three of us. We were so happy but also sad that my husband wasn't meeting us till later so missed it. Then we get off run back round to single rider and do exactly the same thing again except this time we have a few more people with us but still ride together. Could have done it again but was beginning to feel a bit queasy by then. That was in August and will be there the same time this year. Cant wait to see if that will work again!!

We also had a good lunch in the Leaky Cauldron. Very civilised and even though Universal was packed it was very pleasant in there and very well organised.

Welcome aboard, Portugal! Nice to have you along for the chat! :goodvibes

I am sure Steve will be rockin' the single rider lines up until our Express kicks in at 4 pm....especially when I'm not a coaster gal. I hope he has the same experiences you guys did....how lucky can you get!! :thumbsup2

I've had Steve reading and researching the menus, and surprisingly, he is totally on board with Leaky Cauldron. Not so much for the food, but for the experience I think....but hopefully the food will wow us as well. I know he'll welcome the opportunity to enjoy an extra Butterbeer there!! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter