PTR: A Spring Fling on the Dark Side ...2 Muggles Celebrate in Diagon Alley!

Birthday Reward - Your $25 Birthday Reward will be added to your account on the first day of your birthday month and applied on your first visit to one of our restaurants. Your Birthday Reward can be deferred, but will expire on the 15th of the following month if unused.

This was on the Landry's website.

Hi Gina ,

Really enjoy reading your trip reports and excellent tips!!!! I try to remember them each time we plan our Florida vacation. My dh and I are off to universal - RPR during March break. First time without the kids- both in university - so very excited but sad as well. Not doing Discovery cove this time but hoping to add a day at Sea World. Congrats on your Anniversary!!!!

Jump00:)

Thanks Jump00! Glad to have you joining in! Which part of Ontario are you from?

Two kids in university at the same time? :faint: Now there's a huge drain on the finances!! Every so often, when I feel all melancholy about only having one child, I stop to think of how expensive our lonely only is.....then I stop pouting, lol! :rotfl:

You and your DH sound like you have a lovely vacay planned!!! (we adore the vibe of RPR) You'r travel dates are roaring up much fast than mine.....therefore I shall be insanely jealous ;) .

I want to do a March trip someday as well. In fact, I'm on a mission to visit Orlando during every single month of the year....we have ticked off January, August and December so far. This year we will check off May and October. Next year will be April (to use our AP's one last time before they expire) and then perhaps September or November. Much will depend on whether we choose to return Christmas week again in 2016. With our dollar on such a dramatic decline, I can't see us doing 3 trips in a year again until it rebounds (or until I win the lottery :) ).

Birthday Reward - Your $25 Birthday Reward will be added to your account on the first day of your birthday month and applied on your first visit to one of our restaurants. Your Birthday Reward can be deferred, but will expire on the 15th of the following month if unused.

This was on the Landry's website.

Well, then it definitely won't work :headache:. Birthday is November, and we don't travel in December until the 19th. We just miss the deferral cut-off.

Thanks for checking, though!

I have been spending some time researching the discounts that are available to annual passholders in an effort to maximize the benefits of our new AP’s. I notice they have published the update listing of offers for 2015:

https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Annual-Passes/Premier-Pass-Discounts.aspx

Passholder Benefits
• Universal ExpressSM after 4:00pm† (one time per participating attraction)
• Limit eight (8) Free bottles of Nestlé® Pure Life® Purified Water¥ at Universal Studios Florida® and Universal’s Islands of Adventure® upon presentation of attached coupons in ticket sleeve
• Free Valet or Preferred Self-Parking‡ after first visit (valet excludes New Year’s Eve, Mardi Gras event nights, 4th of July and Halloween Horror Nights® event nights – full price applies after 7pm; subject to availability.)
• Pay $15 to upgrade to Red Carpet Valet Parking (subject to availability)
• 365 days of unlimited park-to-park admission with no blockout dates
• Free admission to select special events such as Mardi Gras, Grinchmas™ and Macy's Holiday Parade™
• One (1) free non-peak event night ticket to Halloween Horror Nights®* for Annual Passholder only; coupon enclosed with ticket sleeve. To redeem, you must present your coupon and valid Premier Pass at any Universal Orlando® front gate ticket window.
• Special discounts on separately ticketed events such as Halloween Horror Nights®, Rock the Universe® and New Year's Eve
• 50% off use of kennels for one (1) pet on the day of visit. Additional pets stay at regular price (Restrictions apply. Subject to availability.)

Universal Studios Florida® & Islands of Adventure®
• 10% off the following:
o Select VIP Tours. Call 407-363-8295 to book (Dates subject to availability)
o Amber Treasures
o The Pearl Factory (excludes loose pearls)
o Lomac (Hair Wraps and Temporary Tattoos)
• 15% off the following:
o Multi-day theme park admission tickets purchased at the front gate (Up to 6 people per transaction per day; not valid on 3-Park Unlimited tickets, Universal ExpressSM passes, or tickets with Universal ExpressSM.)
o All restaurants (excluding food & beverage carts and alcoholic beverages)
• 20% off the following:
o Amazing Pictures
o Universal Orlando owned and operated merchandise stores and carts
• American Rock Climbing – 1 extra climb with the purchase of a climb
• Enjoy Your Face – $2 off $10 & $12 face paintings, $3 off $15 & $18 face paintings, and $5 off $20 and $25 face paintings
• Special $35 pricing on a 10-minute reading at Star Souls (Psychic Readings)

Universal CityWalk®
• 10% off the following:
o Burger King Whopper Bar
o Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.™ Restaurant & Market – on merchandise, food & non-alcoholic beverages
o Emeril’s® Restaurant Orlando – food & non-alcoholic beverages
o Fresh Produce® - off regular priced merchandise, excludes Vera Bradley & Brighton
o Lomac (hair wraps and temporary tattoos)
o Pearl Factory (Excludes loose pearls)
• 15% off the following:
o Antojitos Authentic Mexican Food – on food & non-alcoholic beverages
o Auntie Anne’s® – on food & beverages
o Bob Marley - A Tribute to FreedomSM – on food & non-alcoholic beverages
o Cinnabon®– on food & beverages
o Cold Stone Creamery®– on food & beverages
o The Cowfish®– on food & non-alcoholic beverages
o Element
o Fusion Bistro Sushi & Sake Bar – on food & non-alcoholic beverages
o Hard Rock Cafe® – 15% savings on food & non-alcoholic beverages before 5pm and 15% savings on non-charity retail sales at the Rock Shop (Excludes alcohol, sales tax & gratuity)
o Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company® (merchandise only)
o Hollywood Drive-In Golf (applies to 18 holes/single feature; up to 5 people including Passholder)
o Hot Dog Hall of Fame® on food & non-alcoholic beverages
o Jimmy Buffett's® Margaritaville® – on merchandise, food & non-alcoholic beverages
o Menchie’s®Frozen Yogurt – on food & beveragess
o Moe's Southwest Grill®on food & beverages
o NBA City – on food & non-alcoholic beverages; plus one free interactive gaming card per Premier Passholder. Priority seating is included (Excludes holidays & special events)
o Pat O'Brien's® – on food & non-alcoholic beverages
o Panda Express – on food & beverages
o Quiet Flight®Surf Shop
o Red Coconut Club®– on food & non-alcoholic beverages
o Red Oven Pizza BakerySM– on food & non-alcoholic beverages
o CityWalk’s Rising Star – on food & non-alcoholic beverages
o Starbucks® Coffee – on food & beverages
o Vivo Italian Kitchen – on food & non-alcoholic beverages
• 20% off the following:
o Airbrush Studios
o Blue Man Group Orlando adult tickets§ (excludes Premium seating; up to 6 guests). Purchase at the Blue Man Group Orlando box office, by calling 407-BLUEMAN (258-3626) or online.
o P!Q (entire purchase)
o The Island Clothing Store
o Universal Studios Store®
o Universal Orlando®owned and operated merchandise stores and carts
• Free CityWalk Party PassSM^for Premier Passholders (Excludes concerts and special events)
• Free CityWalk Party PassSM^for one Premier Passholder guest (Sunday – Thursday nights only, excludes concerts and special events)
• AMC® Universal Cineplex 20 with IMAX® – $3.00 off admission on highest ticketed price (after 4:00pm)
• Hard Rock Live® Orlando - $5.00 off on all Classic Albums and Live concert tickets purchased at the Hard Rock Live® Orlando box office (must present valid photo ID and valid Annual Pass at the time of purchase)

Loews On-Site Hotels
• Save up to 30% off room rates1 at each deluxe on-site hotel. For reservations/availability call 1-866-PASS-4-FUN or visit www.universalorlando.com/aplogin
• Save up to 25% off room rates2 at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort. For reservations/availability call 1-866-PASS-4-FUN (7277-4-386) or visit www.universalorlando.com/aplogin
• 20% discount2 at Mandara Spa® at Portofino Bay Hotel. Call 407-503-1244 for appointments. Valid Mon-Thurs only. Discount applies to services only. Some services excluded. Must present Premier Pass to receive discount.
• Complimentary room upgrade3 upon arrival
• Save 10% on food & beverages at Emeril’s Tchoup Chop at Loews Royal Pacific Resort, PLUS receive free valet parking at the Pacifica Ballroom Entrance (when dining at Tchoup Chop). Call 407-503-2467 for reservations. Excludes alcohol.
• Complimentary sleeve of golf balls when participating in the Golf Universal Orlando program
• Save 10% on all purchases at both Family Art and Galleria Portofino at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel.
• 10% off the following at Cabana Bay Beach Resort®:
o Tubes at the Tube Shack
o Cabana rentals
o Sonic Souvenir Cups

Wet 'n Wild
• Save 10% on a Florida Resident single-day admission to Wet ‘n Wild® Orlando (Valid for Passholder only). Call 1-800-922-WILD for more information
• Save $20 on regularly priced Annual Pass (limit 6 per Passholder; not valid with the purchase of a Weekday Pass)
• Save 10% in the Wet ‘n Wild Beach Shop (Excludes sundries and beverages))

I am not 100% certain how to determine whether or not a restaurant or shop is “Universal owned and operated”. I am wondering if the main exclusions might be those found in Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley? Or perhaps they are also Universal owned as well? :confused3 (if anyone out there has an AP and has successfully used their passholder discount at Honeydukes, Three Broomsticks, etc. please feel free to chime in!).

While we don’t plan on spending hoards on souvenirs, we absolutely do plan to purchase interactive wand….not sure if they are for sale only at Olivanders, or if they are also available at the Universal store at CityWalk. The 20% we can save with the AP discount on lanyards, dining, etc. will be a huge help with offsetting our currency exchange.

We’ve got one NASTY wind chill out there today……so cold, my electronic door locks froze on my house. I had to lock the door with a key when I left for work today (oh, the hardship!! :lmao:). I can’t wait for the sunshine and blue skies of Orlando.

94 days to go!

It is why we buy our butter beer inside the restaurant instead of the cart. I get 10 percent off with my Ap inside, so I think you can get the discount in the restaurants inside the HP lands. My kids also have to buy things, so getting even 10 percent off that t- shirt is good. The only place I did not get any discount was the comic book place in toon town. And, of course DS still needed that comic book. Oh well. I appreciate the free parking and discounts on my food and souvenirs. It all helps.

We have snow, and more to come. By Sunday, we will be at 8 F. Burrrrrr. So ready for the warm right now.

Hey Gina!!!

We live just north of Toronto and only 30 min from Pearson. I know you wish you were closer- it is nice. The exchange rate is horrible- I'm like you - would love to hit each month in Florida. We paid full price for this trip since my dh got it for me for Christmas - so sweet - but I didn't get a chance to plan. Oh well!!:)
Your excellent tips and planning suggestions have been a life saver. I am going to re-read your trip reports before we go. You always find amazing deals:thumbsup2

Jump00

It is why we buy our butter beer inside the restaurant instead of the cart. I get 10 percent off with my Ap inside, so I think you can get the discount in the restaurants inside the HP lands. My kids also have to buy things, so getting even 10 percent off that t- shirt is good. The only place I did not get any discount was the comic book place in toon town. And, of course DS still needed that comic book. Oh well. I appreciate the free parking and discounts on my food and souvenirs. It all helps.

We have snow, and more to come. By Sunday, we will be at 8 F. Burrrrrr. So ready for the warm right now.

Thanks for the Butterbeer savings tip! Every little savings adds up over the course of the week.....and hey, 10% is nothin' to sneeze at.

How did ya fare with the snowstorm? How much of the white stuff did you end up with when all was said and done? Fingers crossed that you were in one of those areas where it didn't amount to as much as they'd originally feared!

Hey Gina!!!

We live just north of Toronto and only 30 min from Pearson. I know you wish you were closer- it is nice. The exchange rate is horrible- I'm like you - would love to hit each month in Florida. We paid full price for this trip since my dh got it for me for Christmas - so sweet - but I didn't get a chance to plan. Oh well!!:)
Your excellent tips and planning suggestions have been a life saver. I am going to re-read your trip reports before we go. You always find amazing deals:thumbsup2

Jump00

Wow....that's some Christmas gift!!! I got socks! :rotfl2:

Yay! I love Gina Trip Reports!

Hi chiamarie!! Glad to have you along!

May I say, its paining me to be planning a trip without even a teeny tiny SeaWorld component? :sad1: I am secretly hoping that Aquatica will release some too-good-to miss deals for spring and we can add a waterpark day without blowing the budget. For now, I am waiting and wishing :) .

Hi chiamarie!! Glad to have you along!

May I say, its paining me to be planning a trip without even a teeny tiny SeaWorld component? :sad1: I am secretly hoping that Aquatica will release some too-good-to miss deals for spring and we can add a waterpark day without blowing the budget. For now, I am waiting and wishing :) .

I was going to point you in the direction of the $8 promotion they are running in celebration of it being their 8th year open (sheesh, I can't believe it's been that long!); but it's not for the dates you'll be here:sad1:

I'm in too, GIna. I always learn something from all your prep! Plus you tell a good story. :goodvibes

I think it's neat that you and dh are having your own trip. I aspire to that--apparently I don't even get to travel without the dog.:rotfl: At least I get to leave the guinea pigs at home...

I was going to point you in the direction of the $8 promotion they are running in celebration of it being their 8th year open (sheesh, I can't believe it's been that long!); but it's not for the dates you'll be here:sad1:

I saw those rates and almost fainted! What a spectacular deal for those visiting during the promo. $8!!!! That's crazy awesome!!

I am still hoping they might extend the all-inclusive offer....the one that includes a cabana rental, food, parking, and admission. Of course, that deal was based on a party of 4 and we'll be only 2....but perhaps I could pixie dust a couple of other Disers with free Aquatica admission :goodvibes .

I'm in too, GIna. I always learn something from all your prep! Plus you tell a good story. :goodvibes

I think it's neat that you and dh are having your own trip. I aspire to that--apparently I don't even get to travel without the dog.:rotfl: At least I get to leave the guinea pigs at home...

Oh, JoAnne, I have been reading about your doggie care struggles....I am so sorry that an easy solution hasn't presented itself yet :sad2: .

I totally appreciate you needing to find the kind of care that you know is going to be the best for your pooch. God love ya for lovin' that little furball like you do.

This trip will be the first time we don't have to secure pet care.....our beloved Patches lost her battle with kidney failure on January 9th :sad1: . I miss her desperately.

With Jake growing older (and soon moving on in life) and our frequency of travelling increasing, it doesn't make practical sense to add a new cat member to the family. Yet, this is the first time in my life that I haven't ever had a cat.....so the house feels like its missing a very important component. I supposed I will get used to it in time.....but for now, I miss my girl.

Glad to have you reading along with us, my friend!

Ooohhhh......that's a wonderful price! Thank you for the suggestion :thumbsup2 . I will have to chat with DH about this tonight. We had planned on a resort day mid-week, but perhaps he'd rather relax at Aquatica? :scratchin

Interesting, too, that this seems to be an Undercover Tourist offer only (its not available on the Aquatica website). Any way you slice it, its a tough deal to pass up.....if we don't use 'em on our May trip, we could always use them in October.

Oh oh....you see what's happening here, right? That's me, talking myself into it :rotfl: .

So sorry to hear of Patches passing. It's always sad to lose a pet. :grouphug: A new cat may come along when you are ready, I waited some time before getting another pet.

That sounds like a great price for Aquadica. We even went when we were there last December. Air started at 62 F, but since the water was heated, even warmer in the river, we spent alot of time in the water. We enjoy that park too.

We didn't get as much snow as expected, so that's good. It's still cold though. And, of course, my DD has a soccer tournament right near Scranton, PA. I wanted to head south, not north! Oh well, I will have my blanket to wrap around me when she plays.

The loss of animals close to us is always hard. And it seems to NEVER get easier with the loss of each one.

I had a cat that Santa brought to me when I was 8 years old; she passed nearly 5 years ago next month. And its STILL hard.

My roommate at the time; cat had kittens about 3 months later. I said I would take 1 of them; but ended up with 2 of them. I guess I couldn't go long with that void in my life.

So sorry to hear of Patches passing. It's always sad to lose a pet. :grouphug: A new cat may come along when you are ready, I waited some time before getting another pet.

That sounds like a great price for Aquadica. We even went when we were there last December. Air started at 62 F, but since the water was heated, even warmer in the river, we spent alot of time in the water. We enjoy that park too.

We didn't get as much snow as expected, so that's good. It's still cold though. And, of course, my DD has a soccer tournament right near Scranton, PA. I wanted to head south, not north! Oh well, I will have my blanket to wrap around me when she plays.

Winter soccer.......brrrrrrrrrr! :upsidedow

Glad to hear that you escaped Snowmageddon 2015. We got absolutely dumped on over the last 24 hours.....and have been digging ourselves out since mid-afternoon on Thursday. Now the wind is blowing it all back in to wherever we shovelled out :sad2:. Have I mentioned lately how much I *hate* winter??? :rolleyes1

This Monday is Groundhog Day, I am told. The current forecast for early next week is calling for highs of -14 :sad1: so I am guessing its going to be a "six more weeks of winter" declaration.

I am so ready for sunshine, green grass, and warm temperatures. Turtlenecks are always rather cozy to wear in the fall, but by this time of year.....I am yearning for t-shirts again!

The loss of animals close to us is always hard. And it seems to NEVER get easier with the loss of each one.

I had a cat that Santa brought to me when I was 8 years old; she passed nearly 5 years ago next month. And its STILL hard.

My roommate at the time; cat had kittens about 3 months later. I said I would take 1 of them; but ended up with 2 of them. I guess I couldn't go long with that void in my life.

lol, that's exactly what I'm afraid of. I could easily become the crazy cat lady and have a dozen of them keeping me company around the house :) . Steve has already suggested I keep away from the local shelter and pet rescue centres....he's probably sent them my picture so they'll know to lock the doors when they see me approaching :lmao: .

---------------------

Its been a freakishly busy week here for some reason, which is why I've been a bit lax on my pre-trip-reporting. I am hoping for some additional free time next week to keep the chat up a little better :) . I honestly need something to keep me upbeat and positive about all three of our upcoming vacations, as the gloom and despair on the local news, Facebook, and even the Canadians trip planning board over the value of our dollar is getting to be rather depressing. Time to refocus and get excited again. Perhaps its just the winter taking its toll on everyone's nerves.

91 days to go!

Gina - did you buy two Premier Passes? You really only need one for the discounts unless you want it for the Halloween Horror Nights and the Universal Express (after 4:00 p.m.) and the water.

We too got annual passes to the dark side, but went with Power Passes for all of us except one - the Preferred Pass (for parking and discounts).

We love our annual passes. It makes going to the parks so different. At the end of our last trip in early January, we went to Universal Orlando for a three rides, ate at the Leaky Cauldron and left.

We did eat and Mythos and loved it last October 2014. Finnegans was just okay, but the we loved the Leaky Cauldron (definitely better than the Three Broomsticks). Yes, we got the discount. But if you buy beer - it is not discounted. Just ask for the discount whereever you go.

We knew that we were coming back in 2015. I will need to check your Christmas Dates and hopefully we can meet!

Its been a freakishly busy week here for some reason, which is why I've been a bit lax on my pre-trip-reporting. I am hoping for some additional free time next week to keep the chat up a little better . I honestly need something to keep me upbeat and positive about all three of our upcoming vacations, as the gloom and despair on the local news, Facebook, and even the Canadians trip planning board over the value of our dollar is getting to be rather depressing. Time to refocus and get excited again. Perhaps its just the winter taking its toll on everyone's nerves.

Yes! It's been a gloomy week. I think this hits us Northern folks hard this time of year and when even our dreams of getting away start to be nerve racking due to cost it's hard to stay upbeat isn't it? I try very very hard to be upbeat in general.. I think my best efforts are just getting me to "meh" lately:lmao:

Until today when we saw a job posting that DH hits every single qualification for. This is significant because if you recall he lives up in work city during the week because it's too far to commute. This position would have him move home which we all desperately want. It's been a long year in that regard. I don't want to get too ahead of myself, but it brightened my spirits to have that as a possibility to get through the next month or so. And if it doesn't end up anywhere.. well it would be trip time by the time we'd know that, and then right on into Spring which will surely perk everyone up. So I'm feeling cautiously optimistic today.

Also.. I'm a lucky healthy lady with a great family and a good life and awesome kids. So everything else is small stuff.:thumbsup2

There's my unplanned self pep talk right in your trip planning thread:lmao:

We'll see sunshine and warm weather soon Gina. Just hold on.:hug:

Gina I read about Patches. I'm very sorry, I know it's hard to lose a pet, and you had Patches for a long time. I am smiling, though, thinking about how you said she sulked after you came home in your last trip report. :love: She had a good life with you.

I've been looking for a sitter in Orlando, and a couple of the profiles I reviewed said they had lost their own pets and started sitting so they could have critter time but still be able to travel...maybe you could "borrow" someone else's pet every now and again? Or maybe help with a rescue organization?

Gina - did you buy two Premier Passes? You really only need one for the discounts unless you want it for the Halloween Horror Nights and the Universal Express (after 4:00 p.m.) and the water.

We too got annual passes to the dark side, but went with Power Passes for all of us except one - the Preferred Pass (for parking and discounts).

We love our annual passes. It makes going to the parks so different. At the end of our last trip in early January, we went to Universal Orlando for a three rides, ate at the Leaky Cauldron and left.

We did eat and Mythos and loved it last October 2014. Finnegans was just okay, but the we loved the Leaky Cauldron (definitely better than the Three Broomsticks). Yes, we got the discount. But if you buy beer - it is not discounted. Just ask for the discount whereever you go.

We knew that we were coming back in 2015. I will need to check your Christmas Dates and hopefully we can meet!

Yep, we did go for the Premier Passes ::yes:: . We knew we would be back in October, and HHN has been a huge must-do for Steve for YEARS. I am so excited he's finally going to get to go! The free HHN ticket + the after 4 pm Express sold us on the upgraded tix, otherwise we would have gone with the Preferred for both of us. I think some of the dining discounts are a teeny bit higher for the Premier passes, too, but that savings is really neither here nor there.

Neither of us are alcohol drinkers, so Butterbeer is much more our style over real beer :) . So an extra YAY that the discount will apply to all those funky treats and drinks! I plan to toss my 2015 healthy eating campaign out the window and try all the yumminess Universal has to offer. I'm not going home until I try a Flaming Moe and an Otters Fizzy Orange Juice :thumbsup2. If I'm feeling particularly brave, I may even give the Fishy Green Ale a whirl....though it sounds less appealing to me now after someone on another thread described it as minted honeydew :rolleyes2 .

Our Christmas trip is tentatively scheduled for the 19th to 26th (give or take a day in either direction.....just waiting for flights to firm it up 100%). I am ABSOLUTELY up for a meet if our dates align! :banana:

Yes! It's been a gloomy week. I think this hits us Northern folks hard this time of year and when even our dreams of getting away start to be nerve racking due to cost it's hard to stay upbeat isn't it? I try very very hard to be upbeat in general.. I think my best efforts are just getting me to "meh" lately:lmao:

Until today when we saw a job posting that DH hits every single qualification for. This is significant because if you recall he lives up in work city during the week because it's too far to commute. This position would have him move home which we all desperately want. It's been a long year in that regard. I don't want to get too ahead of myself, but it brightened my spirits to have that as a possibility to get through the next month or so. And if it doesn't end up anywhere.. well it would be trip time by the time we'd know that, and then right on into Spring which will surely perk everyone up. So I'm feeling cautiously optimistic today.

Also.. I'm a lucky healthy lady with a great family and a good life and awesome kids. So everything else is small stuff.:thumbsup2

There's my unplanned self pep talk right in your trip planning thread:lmao:

We'll see sunshine and warm weather soon Gina. Just hold on.:hug:

Ah, pigletto, I needed that dose of reality today. No more pouting for me, I need to pick my lip up off the floor and cheer up. I am super grateful that we have such a large portion of our trip expenses already covered....that's such a blessing in itself! And we're super frugal on most things anyway, so its not like we're paying ridiculously high prices to stay somewhere swanky (I guess Club Level at the Waldorf Astoria is off the table until the dollar rebounds :rotfl:). If the value of the dollar is all I have to worry about, life is good ::yes::.

Boo to the weather, though. 6 more weeks until spring....can't some soon enough for moi.

I am SO EXCITED for you and your DH! What great, promising news on the job front! :banana: I am crossing my fingers, toes and anything else crossable (legs? eyes?) and saying a little prayer that the position close to home becomes a reality. I know its been a tough year for you guys, and not an ideal situation with him being away all week (frankly, I don't know how you do it....especially with two kids still at home). Please keep me posted whenever you have more news :goodvibes .

Gina I read about Patches. I'm very sorry, I know it's hard to lose a pet, and you had Patches for a long time. I am smiling, though, thinking about how you said she sulked after you came home in your last trip report. :love: She had a good life with you.

I've been looking for a sitter in Orlando, and a couple of the profiles I reviewed said they had lost their own pets and started sitting so they could have critter time but still be able to travel...maybe you could "borrow" someone else's pet every now and again? Or maybe help with a rescue organization?

She was such a little diva, my Patches. She ruled this house and she knew it :laughing: . She was so insulted when we left her for another vacation, even though she was spoiled with a week of lovin' from the sweet little lady across the street. That little monkey knew I adored her....truth be told, I cried every time I locked the door en route to the airport. Poor Steve and Jake always understood....God love my boys.

She was 15 and a half, a ripe old age for a feline. She had a good life....and a long life.....indeed.

I love your suggestion of helping out with a rescue organization. Perhaps that's just what my heart needs. Our local humane society is always woefully understaffed and underfunded, I am sure they could more than use another pair of volunteer hands. Not sure if I'm cut out to cat-sit or dog-sit in my home, but I've got a lot of love to give to some animals who need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter