PTR :Our first trip to Disneyland...(if you don't count 1982/1979 as kids trips)

ok......so for those counting I am up to parcel 26....yes i know....a tad crazy but I couldnt resist those last minute ebay purchases....

ms patotohead pixiedust: for my awesome airfare deal......sad you couldnt grab it as well......:sad:

so was able, with a little help from my friends....to book colors dinner package for saturday 2nd feb.....so excited to wear flashing ears....looking forward to a great meal, followed by a great spot to watch the show.....

the packing has started, umbrellas are packed, list is printed off...this is going to be my "hidden mickey " challenge...without the mickeys..

ok......so for those counting I am up to parcel 26....yes i know....a tad crazy but I couldnt resist those last minute ebay purchases....

ms patotohead pixiedust: for my awesome airfare deal......sad you couldnt grab it as well......:sad:

so was able, with a little help from my friends....to book colors dinner package for saturday 2nd feb.....so excited to wear flashing ears....looking forward to a great meal, followed by a great spot to watch the show.....

the packing has started, umbrellas are packed, list is printed off...this is going to be my "hidden mickey " challenge...without the mickeys..

I like to see that you have your priorities straight! :thumbsup2

Karen, you will absolutely love,love,love how close you are to the parks. We were there in Sept/Oct last year for 6 nights. Nothing beats having a drink or three sitting in the fireplace alcove in the foyer of the GCH after a long day in the parks.

We moved to the HoJo after our stay at the Grand and although it was perfectly fine ( 2 interconnecting rooms were a godsend after the 4 of us in the same room:scared:) we really missed the closeness staying onsite.

We did the VIP tour of Universal - wow! A splurge, but so worth it. No lining up, gourmet lunch (really!) and fantastic backlot tour where they let you out of the tram to see things close up. Not sure if this interests you, but thought I'd share just in case.

Hope you have a great time. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

can i add a location for drinks?

- at the compass rose in dlr plaza
- at WOC - glow-with-the-show ears in shot = bonus points :)

I love when us ANZACS band together.......and brainstorm......

Another Update to the update of the List for Karen's Challenge......Getting to be a nice list of drinks with umbrellas now.

Picking up and replicating a challenge from another Dis thread here

Karen - Your mission, should you choose to accept, is to have a drinks picture at the following places. The glass should have the establishment name, if possible. Extra points if they have umbrellas in them.

• Cheesecake Factory
  • PF Chang
  • Bubba Gumps
  • Rainforest Cafe
  • House of Blues
  • Ralph Brennan Jazz Kitchen
  • Uva Bar
  • Tortilla Joe's

You agreed and wanted to add....

• Denny's
  • GCH bar
  • Your balcony
  • The pool
  • The line for Space Mountain

.....which of course means that you'll need to include the line for the Matterhorn to the list as well.

So let's just start a list of the uncaptured mountains:

• Matterhorn
  • Big Thunder Railway
  • Splash

AWIDY added:

• Grizzly River Run

So why don't we include Radiator Spring Racers as well

• Radiator Spring Racers

Minniemum has also asked for:

• Qantas Club
  • On the Plane
  • Dole Whip at DL, with umbrella

Marlea's added the next item:

• AT the airport at the end of your trip with your mountain of luggage that may or may not have travelled with or without you to Memphis or Georgia or Atlanta

Alicia1506 has also added a few.

• At the compass rose in dlr plaza
  • At WOC with glow-with-the-show ears in shot = bonus points (sounds like a selfie to me, Karen!!)

I think we're only missing "BwaHaHaHaHa".

:rotfl2:

Looking forward to the drunk drinks pictures!!!

:scratchin........Just make sure to have fun; but don't break any Disney rules doing so. You'd hate to be banned from ever visiting Disney again.
And don't get banned from any airports either, with or without your mountain of luggage that may or may not have travelled with or without you to Memphis or Georgia or Atlanta.

:teeth:

Such a funny thread. :-)
I can't wait to see the pics of the umbrella drinks and of the mountain of shopping parcels.

#33 was ordered this afternoon...

oh dear, hope disney grand californian has storage big enough to hold them all for another 4 days:rotfl2:

god I love the aussie dollar and internet shopping:badpc:

Only 33?

At the very least it should be 42 - the answer to life, the universe and everything. In fact, a nice half-ton could also be a good target.

But I guess 33 has the Disney connection.

Only 33?

At the very least it should be 42 - the answer to life, the universe and everything. In fact, a nice half-ton could also be a good target.

But I guess 33 has the Disney connection.

I'm trying as hard as I can....still have 4 shopping days to go :rotfl2:

I'll hop along on this trip too!! Wow - 33 parcels! That is amazing! I am in awe..!! :worship:

Can I ask, because I am intrigued (oh, ok, I am also a busy body!) what have you been buying?

Can I ask, because I am intrigued (oh, ok, I am also a busy body!) what have you been buying?

my list:
17 hallmark star trek figures
25 wdw pins
5 resort wdw pins
4 wdw pins
4 trackies adidas
1 singlet adidas
1 soccer jersey adidas
12 pair kids crocs
4 pair ladies boots crocs
7 dvd packs amazon (reboot season 1-4, babylon 5 movie set, 30 to 30 espn series, )
1 star trek ken and barbie
1 wdw 25th ann barbie
1 Animal kingdom barbie
1 wdw barbie
2 large parcels from disney outlet (toys, clothes, shoes , vinylmations, mugs...all sale items)
1 set pez star trek 25 th anniversary next gen
1 schnauzer sticker
1 schnauzer stamp
7 NFL (giants shirts, adult, kid sizes)
razor replacement head
DVC hat and stickers

I think thats about it :):lmao::lmao::lmao:

my list:
25 wdw pins
5 resort wdw pins
4 wdw pins
4 trackies adidas
1 singlet adidas
1 soccer jersey adidas
12 pair kids crocs
7 dvd packs amazon (reboot season 1-4, babylon 5 movie set, 30 to 30 espn series, )
1 wdw 25th ann barbie
1 Animal kingdom barbie
1 wdw barbie
2 large parcels from disney outlet (toys, clothes, shoes , vinylmations, mugs...all sale items)
1 schnauzer sticker
1 schnauzer stamp
razor replacement head
DVC hat and stickers

Ummmaah

You're in big trouble when hubby finds out :rotfl2:

was thinking I could wear the adidas stuff and the croc boots, so he may think I bought them over with me :rotfl2:

the 17 star trek figures may be a diff story.....:badpc:

my list:
25 wdw pins
5 resort wdw pins
4 wdw pins
4 trackies adidas
1 singlet adidas
1 soccer jersey adidas
12 pair kids crocs
1 wdw 25th ann barbie
1 Animal kingdom barbie
1 wdw barbie
1 schnauzer sticker
1 schnauzer stamp
razor replacement head
DVC hat and stickers

That is some serious shopping! My congratulations to you on a job well done! :worship:

I have some crocs boots (wonder if they're the same?)

Good idea getting the NFL stuff sent to your hotel, as postage to here is expensive (if from NFL.com; and if from Amazon, many places won't even post to Aus). Shame about the team though! :p :rolleyes1 ;)

And that 30 for 30 espn series is fantastic!

Does your hubby know about all this shopping?

was thinking I could wear the adidas stuff and the croc boots, so he may think I bought them over with me :rotfl2:

the 17 star trek figures may be a diff story.....:badpc:

I am sure there is a large toilet bag that you need to take stuffed with paper so that it looks full, that you can insert said Star Trek figurines and then just not use it for the entire trip.

Just saying....

I am sure there is a large toilet bag that you need to take stuffed with paper so that it looks full, that you can insert said Star Trek figurines and then just not use it for the entire trip.

Just saying....

LOL a cunning plan :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter