Quality Suites Maingate East

KATIE286

Earning My Ears
We have ressies there for August. Has anyone been there recently? Any information would be appreciated! Thanks- katie

We stayed at Quality Suites Maingate East in Nov. of 2000, and found it to be a good value for the money. This hotel is located on 192 and close to WDW. I posted a review back in Nov., but I can't seem to locate it on this board. I guess they can keep posts only so long. Our drive time to the parks was approximately 10 - 15 minutes, depending on the park, and that's from our parking space at the hotel to our parking space in the WDW lot. We have stayed on-site previously and been further away. We had a 1-br suite with kitchen. Nothing fancy, but nice-sized, clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast is simply cereal, danish, sometimes toast or pancakes. If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer them if I can.

Thanks for the reply! Can you tell me what the conditions of the rooms are? We've heard good and bad stories and are a little concerned. We don't need fancy, but clean is important. Are they really run down? How is the laundry facility? Pool? Restaurant? Anything you can remember! Thanks for the info. Katie

Hi Katie,

The hotel had just recently completed a renovation before our arrival, but most of the renovations were to the lobby and pool area. The rooms are definitely not run down and were very clean. There was new carpeting, bedspreads, and new mattresses that were very comfortable (that is so important). The kitchen area of the room looked to be older, but was neat and clean. We did not use the pool, (too much to do at WDW), but there is a tropically landscaped courtyard that the hotel rooms look out over that contains a regular pool, kiddie pool & a hot tub. We also did not do laundry, nor did we eat at the restaurant, so I can't give you any info about that. We paid $76 per night, with a special rate we got out of the Kissimmee/St. cloud tourist booklet. One thing you should be aware of is this hotel does not have interior corridors. As I mentioned above, all rooms open out to a balconied walkway that overlooks the interior pool area. We usually only stay at hotels that have interior corridors; however, we felt very safe at this hotel, and did not feel security was compromised in any way. If you think of anything else, just ask.

Diane

Hi - we too, have stayed there three times and had a most enjoyable stay. As mentioned by the previous poster, there are recent renovations since we have been there last but before we did find the rooms comfortable and clean. If you wish to make use of their limited minikitchen facilities(two burner top plates, and a minifridge), bring along plastic utensils since they charge a minimal fee for silver and dishes. We simply went across the street to the Publix market and purchased a few things we'd need.
Their pool area is nice, and next to it is a jacuzzi, which was often crowded when we were there. Adjoining the pool area is a game room for kids. You can stand on your balcony outside the room and see almost anywhere else around the courtyard - this makes for good security viewing. Enjoy your stay!!:D

Hi Katie,

I just read Figment's post, and they do say in their brochure that there is a charge for dinnerware and utensils. However, when we stayed there last Nov., the unit was equipped with service for 4 and we were not charged anything, so you might want to call the hotel and find out if their policy has changed.

Diane

P.S. to Figment Forever: I can't believe they have pretty much gotten rid of Figment at Epcot. The overhaul of Journey into Imagination without Figment is a real Disney Blooper.

Thanks for the trips you guys! I figured I'll be running to the supermarket anyway for a few things and am planning on picking up plates, cups and utensils. I'm on vacation too! Use and throw away sounds good to me! Thanks again! We can't wait to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter