Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Hey y'all.
Just to let my online BFFs :p know, Milk Street has a bunch of free cooking classes right now. All I had to do was sign up; they did not ask for a credit card. There is a button to do a subscription, but I didn't click on it, and still got the free classes. IDK if anyone has tried them before (I haven't, just started the vegetarian course right now), but thought I'd share.

https://milk-street-cooking-school.teachable.com/
Went to BJs today, and spent $400. o_O I won't have to buy laundry soap, dishwasher or dish soap or TP for another few months though! Just have to drop in at Fresh Market tomorrow for chicken, and then we'll be set for the month (minus perishables like milk, creamer, bread, fresh veg/fruit).

Tonight I'm making burgers (pretzel buns, pimento cheese, red onion, tomato, garlic aioli, bacon), oven fries and mixed veggies for dinner. We have some BJs chocolate chunk cookies for dessert (almost as good as homemade).

Hey y'all.
Just to let my online BFFs :p know, Milk Street has a bunch of free cooking classes right now. All I had to do was sign up; they did not ask for a credit card. There is a button to do a subscription, but I didn't click on it, and still got the free classes. IDK if anyone has tried them before (I haven't, just started the vegetarian course right now), but thought I'd share.

Went to BJs today, and spent $400. o_O I won't have to buy laundry soap, dishwasher or dish soap or TP for another few months though! Just have to drop in at Fresh Market tomorrow for chicken, and then we'll be set for the month (minus perishables like milk, creamer, bread, fresh veg/fruit).

Tonight I'm making burgers (pretzel buns, pimento cheese, red onion, tomato, garlic aioli, bacon), oven fries and mixed veggies for dinner. We have some BJs chocolate chunk cookies for dessert (almost as good as homemade).
I have watched the show on PBS and enjoyed it for sure. I really liked America's Taste Kitchen and Cook's Country before he and his then wife sold it. Thanks for the heads up on the free classes:cool:.

Hey y'all.

Thanks for the link and the info! I just signed up for the spice one, I have always wanted to learn more about cooking with them, this is a free chance to do so!

Dinner is over and so are a bit of produce leftovers and most of the soy chicken. Made a main course salad with shredded napa cabbage, steamed bok choy leftovers (we love that stuff), a grated carrot, and a dressing of rice vinegar, a little soy sauce, ginger, a drop of sesame oil, and olive oil. Very tasty and I'm sure I'll never make it like that again which is the disadvantage of not using written recipes, LOL.

Beautiful weather today and after checking Target and Home Depot's websites, made a list, and the 2 of us went there. Of course hardly anything was at HD there that I wanted and the line into Target was too long for me to wait to get in. Needed some grilling stuff so just going to order it online and be done with it. Was nice to be out and about though.

For the Reliant K and Gremlin people- If you can admit that I can confess that the ex and I wanted an AMC Pacer:D.

Last edited:

Happy June ya'll,

I don't really have a whole lot to say. It's been quiet here at home and I turned off the news and social medias and sat out on the deck with a book and some music. I can control what I can control and I can only effect change how I can. Oh and the other thing I did today? I baked a a banana cake with some chocolate chips, pecans and cream cheese glaze. Have to get my feelings out somehow lol

Dinner tonight was fridge leftovers. It's just me as Matt's working weird shift and not home for dinner right now.

Gratitude:
Fun video chat with my mom today and she was in good mood thankfully.
Blessed to be home and safe with all we need
My lilies are blooming and gorgeous

I'm keeping everyone in my thoughts.

I am having trouble with gratitude right now. The state of the nation is such a mess. I watched the news in DC tonight knowing DS was there. He is home now and safe but goes back in the morning.

I baked a a banana cake with some chocolate chips, pecans and cream cheese glaze.
That sounds delicious.

I;ll be back when I have something nice to say.

Question of the day: 6/1: What tv show would ya'll live in for a week?

This is weird and random question I know. Just trying to keep things "light." I asked my husband and he said NFL superbowl week..he not dumb lol

I don't know. As weird as it says I'd think Today Show. I like all the variety of hosts and the cooking segments and other variety acts. I'd get to meet people, hear the latest stories and if I did good be on the news.

If I'm picking fiction show, I'd probably pick evil character on soap opera. I could be super hot, with super hot guys and be quite devious to others!

Hmmm . . Interesting question. Do we have to live in the show as if everything in it is real, or live in it knowing it’s a show and we are surrounded by performers and crew and fake sets? Does it need to be a show currently in production or can it be something nostalgic? I am thinking if it is ”real” I would like something family oriented in a nature setting, like maybe the Waltons or something along those lines. If it is a case of knowing it’s a show and experiencing the behind the camera as well as in front, then maybe a period drama like Belgravia or Mrs. America.

@Breezy_Carol Thinking of you. :hug:

QOTD-
Years ago I totally loved the series Thirtysomething. If I could zip back in time and be Hope's neighbor for a week that would be fun!

Or maybe I could spend a week in Downton Abbey. I'd enjoy working with Mrs Patmore. I enjoyed both her sense of humor and her general wisdom about life.
I don't think I'd last long-term with the workload in that kitchen so a short visit would be good.

Good question, fla4fun! This is something fun to think about, Goofy. Depending on whether I could have a real impact on the show to a real TV audience, I would say Touched by An Angel the earlier seasons especially. What about being a week long contestant on the Prize is Right? Surely I'd win something in a week :D

Last edited:

This is weird and random question I know. Just trying to keep things "light." I asked my husband and he said NFL superbowl week..he not dumb lol

I don't know. As weird as it says I'd think Today Show. I like all the variety of hosts and the cooking segments and other variety acts. I'd get to meet people, hear the latest stories and if I did good be on the news.

If I'm picking fiction show, I'd probably pick evil character on soap opera. I could be super hot, with super hot guys and be quite devious to others!

West Wing. I'd like a funct...you know, I'm not going to say why, because this is a good thread and it doesn't that kind of commentary in it. :rolleyes1 :joker:So let's just say that it is my favorite show, I love the writing and the cast and characters, and I think it could be something to enjoy.

For a reality show, The Amazing Race. We've always wanted to do it, but health issues would always prevent us from doing it. :sad1:

Show I would like to live in for a week..think I would say Happy Days. Seemed like such a fun show, great family, good era to be in. If not that, then one like The Waltons or Little House

Had to take one of my furbabies to the vets today. Poor guy somehow got a hematoma in one ear, and has an ear infection in both ears. They had to keep him overnite, but he can come home this morning
Grateful that we have caring a caring vet who takes good care of the pets around here
Grateful that it was a beautiful weather day
Sad that the country is going through all the sadness, and violence, on top of the virus. Still hopeful that things are going to turn around soon on all fronts

A night of sleep and I think I can act like a rational human again. Must stay away from news overload.

First thing yesterday morning, DH anf I got up and waterproofed the deck off our bedroom. It's only about 5X8 ft but we needed at least 2 days without rain, and had to do in the morning when not in direct sun. Been trying for a while to accomplish this. He headed to work and, after cleaning up, I grocery shopped. Dinner was marinated chicken on the Foreman grill, left over Spanish rice, and fresh broccoli. I steamed mine but DH prefers raw. The end of DD's birthday cake for dessert.

This is weird and random question I know. Just trying to keep things "light."
I appreciate you trying to keep things light.
Lots of good replies to this. I have several thoughts. I'd like to be on the Ponderosa camp of Survivor, the place they go after being voted off but still on the jury. I like the locations but not the struggle.
Or maybe the Golden Girls, I could be the fifth roommate.

Forgot this....
Gratitudes:
A new day with new thoughts and opportunities
Knowing that people are praying with me for this nation
Fresh strawberries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter