• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

So sorry that your trip has been cancelled. Egypt would be the first one on my bucket list too. I someday hope to see it before I get too old to travel, but the way things are looking in this world now, it probably won't happen :(

Yep...we are getting old for that kind of trip. And sure don't want to get sick so far from home.
We'll stick closer.
We do have a British Isles cruise in July 2021, hopefully we can make that

It always warms my heart to see a bunch of new posts on here :)

I am sure sorry Meriweather that you are dealing with beyond horribly hot weather. Hug on your cancelled trip :( Please take care and stay safe and inside!

AuntieMe3, it's hot enough for me, too! So grateful for A/C!

LOL, Carol to your DGD. Sounds like she had fun. Hopefully eventually the grease will wear off! I hope your DD sent you a picture :)

Thank you Bianca and Bernard for offering to send postcards from FL that is so sweet of you. I really would be happy to do the same from CA. Also, please let me know either in this thread or by PM, if any of you would like to try a virtual (or snail mail) group PM or card to one friend in this thread as I (hope it made sense) shared this morning.

I am happy to share my new Galaxy phone is on schedule to arrive tomorrow and so are new pink pajama bottoms from Amazon. I am praying they truly are soft as advertised. Will share if they are! :)

Take care everyone and thank you again for helping each of us take care of one another, too!

There is so much uncertainty these days. I am thankful for the blessing of touching base with our circle of friends. :grouphug:

Yesterday was infusion day for hubs. I drop him off in the morning and pick him up in the afternoon. He was watching me pack his lunch...and said...with a smile...is this sorta like dropping me off at camp?
So sweet. Good sense of humor helps keep the stress lower.
It's hard not to go with him but no visitors is still the (understandable) policy.

We just completed a series on the great courses about cathedrals. It was both interesting and amazing.

I can't believe tomorrow is Fri. I need to get busy with a grocery list for tomorrow. Wishing you all a nice evening.

As a people Mommy to a LOT of furbabies, I want to say a big THANK YOU to your and your husband for rescuing that poor little kitten. Some people are just heartless, to dump her on an interstate. Thankfully there are people in the world like you, you took pity on her and probably saved her life. I'm sure you got attached to her quickly, and it must have been very sad to have to let her go. But you found her a loving family, and she will always have a special spot in that little furry body for the people who saved her that day!

Oh, so attached, so quickly. I sat on the bathroom floor for four hours with her Friday night, because every time I took my hands off her, she cried. At the vet, she looked at me the whole time, even with my mask on (she was stretching to look over it to meet my eyes). :lovestruc I have received several photos and videos of her in her new forever home, and tonight they sent a text: "thank you for bringing her into our lives. We already love her so very much." I do hope you're right about a special spot for us, because there is certainly a little spot in my heart for her.

QOTD for today 7/9 What is your favorite color? Has it changed over the years or perhaps vary by season? What is your favorite memory or item in that color.

My favorite color is yellow. It has changed over the years; in my teens, it was purple, in my early twenties, it was pink. I actually don't have any favorite memories or items in that color. I just really like it.

BTW we have not seen @NYCgrrl for a while! Hope everything is ok!
Life has been stressful on my end of late but talking with my last surviving aunt has helped immensely. Sometimes I just need to be alone.....didn’t help that my laptop died and of course a lot of my saved info is not synced to other electronic devices- massive sigh from the technodope who really should know better.

On the bright side almost all stores are opened again on my end so I’m doing my online spec research and plan to follow it up with a store visit. Now deciding between an updated IPad and new laptop as an external KB is important to me.

Thanks for wondering
:-)

Life has been stressful on my end of late but talking with my last surviving aunt has helped immensely. Sometimes I just need to be alone.....didn’t help that my laptop died and of course a lot of my saved info is not synced to other electronic devices- massive sigh from the technodope who really should know better.

On the bright side almost all stores are opened again on my end so I’m doing my online spec research and plan to follow it up with a store visit. Now deciding between an updated IPad and new laptop as an external KB is important to me.

Thanks for wondering
Welcome back!!

QOTD for yesterday--favorite color
Is and has always been purple. I think it came from my love of lilacs, ever since I was young. Dark purple, light purple, any shade will do! I don't like yellow or green, I just don't look good in them!

Going to be another 'heatwave' day here, temps into mid 90's. They are saying a 'cool down' to 86 tomorrow and the next 4 days, chance of storms tomorrow. But by midweek we will be back in the 90's. Stay cool everyone, especially you @Meriweather

Thanks for wondering
Take all the time you need -- nothing wrong with that! Sounds like many of us are getting to that place where we could use some time to decompress and re-charge our souls. Hope your computer search goes well and that everything transitions and transfers smoothly. :)

Finally stopping in to catch up...

Nox, thank you so much for rescuing the kitty! It hurts my heart whenever something bad happens to animals (and children) - I can't even watch the "sad animal" commercials on TV, I have literally cried over those. One heartwarming story makes it better :)

My aunt went in for her surgery this morning at 7:15 CST (8:15 our time). Have not heard anything yet; she's probably still in. I've had numerous surgeries take 5-6 hours and I'm assuming hers will be that way as well.

Josh had a great time at his gymnastics class last night. It was just him and 2 little girls. I had to stay in the car, as they are strictly allowing only 1 spectator per family, so I let DH have that class. There are 4 total makeups, so we'll each take 2. It did him some good, letting him be around other kids and blow off some steam. I think that's what he needs the most. He loves to climb the furniture and jump off, and of course the mom in me is cringing and always yelling "You're going to break your neck!" I was actually thinking of going through some of my old postcards and sending a few to Josh myself...he likes geography, learning about other states. He's been to quite a few already, by driving to Florida, out to Illinois and Wisconsin, and a day trip to Maine already in his 4.5 years (I think he's been to 17 states already). I remember when I was 8 years old, my mom had me write to all the states' capitals/chamber of commerce and request travel info from them. I stood at the window at the little mom-and-pop post office with a book of zip codes, the postmaster trying to help me figure out where to send all my requests! Most states did send me stuff, brochures and etc., and every few weeks I had to do a display with the brochures and little write-ups of 3 states at each time, which was put up in the school library. Josh doesn't even have to do that now - everything is on the internet! And we have AAA...although on our travels, at every hotel we pick up brochures like crazy. So now we have lots of things on our lists for future trips!

Edited to add: We're watching a lot of movies right now. The oppressive humidity is keeping us in the house. Yesterday we watched the Haunted Mansion (the Eddie Murphy one) and he's been singing Grim Grinning Ghosts ever since (we went to the Magic Kingdom in 2018 and HM became his favorite ride. He's not scared of it at all!). Now we're watching The Karate Kid. The original, of course :)

QOTD for today 7/9 What is your favorite color? Has it changed over the years or perhaps vary by season? What is your favorite memory or item in that color.

My favorite color is a nice, deep, rich teal. I think I've always preferred "ocean" colors - blues, greens, and purples. When I was little, I loved blue (light blue, mostly - when pastels were in style). Early 20s, I liked hunter green. I've often been told that purple is my color - I got married wearing an eggplant purple gown! Even my hair is a deep reddish-purple (my hairdresser calls it "black cherry") and it makes my eyes look more green. I'm still into goth at my age (and I prefer Victorian/vintage stuff), but I'd much rather wear a rich blue or purple than black!

Last edited:
I've ALWAYS wanted purple & teal hair....never did it, probably won't. But always thought it would be neat. I think it would clash with the freckles assuming they could even get the color on (my hair is very difficult to color).

I always wanted that mutli color blue/green look, but I could never get the courage to go beyond my reddish-brown dye jobs. Now that I'm going gray, I've thought about finishing the job and going silver, but figured I'll get there eventually....why rush it? :rotfl2:

I've ALWAYS wanted purple & teal hair....never did it, probably won't. But always thought it would be neat. I think it would clash with the freckles assuming they could even get the color on (my hair is very difficult to color).
I always wanted that mutli color blue/green look, but I could never get the courage to go beyond my reddish-brown dye jobs. Now that I'm going gray, I've thought about finishing the job and going silver, but figured I'll get there eventually....why rush it? :rotfl2:

View attachment 508249
This is why I'm eagerly awaiting my silver/white hair! My hairdresser says it will be easier to dye my hair the "funky colors" when it's already white, rather than having to strip the existing color from my hair. I'm going to be an old lady with "mermaid hair" ;)

Tropical storm Fay visiting today. Lower temps and lots of rain. The grass is going to really need to be cut when the sun comes back out.

I went out to the library to pick up and return books, Aldi for eggs, and stopped at my neighbor's for a zucchini.

I can't even watch the "sad animal" commercials on TV, I have literally cried over those. One heartwarming story makes it better :)
Same here. And that is what I call them too. Our last two dogs (one passed in January and one in 2016) were rescues, golden retrievers who had been picked up as strays. The rescue wanted them placed together as they were a bonded pair. We were only looking for one but, when they specifically asked us to consider two, we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter