• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

I love giving ornaments as gifts but I notice a lot of people have different themed trees every year and rarely put up the ornaments they are gifted.....I have one Hallmark ornament that was my grandparents. We inherited it since we lived with my grandparents at the time of their passing, but my siblings and I always joked about who it really belonged to(they each wanted it). Its a 2 sided scene ornament....almost like snow globe. One side has a little kid outside dressed for the snow looking in the window, at the other side...which is a little girl looking like she just decorated a tree looking out the window at the other side. Its soo cute.....I wish I had a picture to share...this year for sure I'll have to make sure I take a picture. One year for Christmas, I found 2 of the ornaments on Ebay and bought them each for my brother and sister so they could have one too but I still tease them I have the original. :laughing:
So with all this ornament talk if you all don't mind, how about a Christmas in July QOTD:
If you celebrate, real or fake tree? How do you like decorate it? Theme or no theme? Does it change every year? Do you like colored or white lights? Multi or single color stands? Tree skirt or no skirt? Anybody have multiple trees?
....GREAT topic!

We put up 2 trees - one in the family room, which is double-speak for my DH's 'mancave'. Since it's more rustic in there, he [yes, he does it with my DD-i-L! Actually, that's how one of my cherished Mickey ornaments broke, but that's a whole other story...] sets up a tree to go with that room:

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Good Morning everyone, love waking up to seeing more Christmas pictures and reading more memories, too, thank you!

Bianca and Bernard, your SIL#2 is very handsome indeed. I thank him for his service!

Love that you keep a Christmas village up all year, Violina. I don't really have room to do that but one day post plague would love to get a small Nativity scene to have up for sure during all of December. Every year at church after the morning prayer group right before Advent starts, (I am in the weekly morning prayer group) I enjoy helping to set out and arrange a Manger scene that a church member donated years ago. I'll have to share a picture of that sometime too. Something like that would be way too big for the small space I have but the idea. I love that animals including lambs are included. I truly believe the animals present in the stable knew Jesus was special!

Wishing everyone a good day! :)

For Christmas, we get a real tree for now. The past couple of years I seem to have an allergy to the trees with sneezing, stuffy nose, and itchy eyes. But I love the smell. We have a few ornaments left from our first Christmas. Many got broken over the years. We have the kids' ornaments and ornaments with the grandkids names. We use a tree skirt to hide the tree stand. We use garland to decorate but not tinsel. The lights are multicolored and some blink. An angel goes on top of the tree. I made a wreath many years ago that goes on the wall in the living room and we do a few little things here and there but the tree is the main event.

It is a nice cool day here but the heat is coming back this weekend. We will have to walk early in the day. I canceled my gym membership for now as I didn't want to pay $20 a month for something I am not going to use for the next few months anyway. I may just buy a treadmill and ask DH to clean out a place for it downstairs. People at the gym didn't really clean the equipment well before covid so I don't really trust that it will change. I really like walking outside, walking the dog, and doing walk aerobics. The winter is the hard part but I could maybe make it work. We are spending much less money since travel has been cut back this year so that money can go towards the treadmill.

I hear everyone about DHs working from home. We both work from home and it is getting a bit old. I do go in one morning a week and I thoroughly enjoy my alone time in the car and in the office. Every day at home just seems the same. I used to take one day off every few months for my cherished alone time. I keep saying I may just have to run from the house screaming some day! :D

I love reading about everyone's day and Christmas celebrations. Enjoy your day!

Well...for once the weatherman was right. They said we had a 65% chance of showers this afternoon. Showers, my patootie,,it's dumping down rain so hard you can't see outside again. And I had just finished giving the garden a dose of miracle grow, at least I know it will get pounded in! Have a lovely evening everyone!

Lol to the miracle grow now being able to truly set in, Lynxstch that was funny but so true :)

I hope all of you are having a happy day! :)

All of you within this kind thread have helped put back into my heart a kindness idea I had years ago. I feel God is tugging extra on me to try and make this happen now. Yes, this does have to do with the stories I thought I had lost that thankfully were found. We all need more good news right now, to remember kindness and miracles happen daily. God's Presence in our lives! Please PM me for more info. I would appreciate more than I could say help with this from my Dis family right here in this lovely thread. Thank you! P.S. I may PM some of you who are more active within this thread just to get your thoughts should I not hear from you first. Please do keep discussion of this by PM. I did contact a moderator friend who agreed with me that (PM) would be best.

Happy Thursday (it's Thursday, right??) The days are getting away from me and heck I don't understand how we are halfway through July.

I have a peach bourbon cake in the oven as treat today. The elves who make diplomas finished Matt's this week and thought we should celebrate with something and hey it's the plague so we should always have cake!

My sinus/allergy thing will not let up. My head just in a bucket but it's so dry and grass pollen super up so I'm sure that explains it. So baby niece Stella is still in the hospital baking under a lamp from jaundice so I'm going to wait until next weekend to go see them. That will give me time to prep some meals for their freezer.

A friend from my old office texted today and is coming over Saturday for lunch! She's adorable and quirky and I just think she's awesome human. We bonded over helping in my suicide prevention program and having crazy mama problems. I get her and older by several years so help navigate those waters.

I guess I need to prep something for dinner. Hmmmm I'm guessing tuna melts since I didn't take anything out to thaw. Sounds good.

@Bianca and Bernard make sure you do all the research to get your son covered by the military. It's really tricky and not as cut and dry as some people allow others to think. I've seen parents declared dependents by still not covered by insurance so double check and then check again with the Tricare people and the DEERS office stateside and OCONUS(overseas at duty station).

I hope all is having a great day. Stay safe and I'm so glad ya'll still hanging in here with me. I can't say how thankful I am.

Gratitudes:
Cake! Always thankful for cake!
Text from a friend
Having a safe, reliable housing in this difficult time. I know how blessed I am.

Bianca and Bernard ~
What a handsome dude!

that's when he was really sick too, before the transplant. He's all 'scruffy looking nerf herder' now. haha

@Bianca and Bernard make sure you do all the research to get your son covered by the military. It's really tricky and not as cut and dry as some people allow others to think. I've seen parents declared dependents by still not covered by insurance so double check and then check again with the Tricare people and the DEERS office stateside and OCONUS(overseas at duty station).

I

Thanks for the input. I am clueless as to all the rules and such, which is why I told DD#2 to go to legal and get all my questions answered before I contact a lawyer to start proceedings. I figured legal would know better than a nonmilitary lawyer.

@apirateslifeforme Happy bday!

Frying some fish for dinner tonight, with oven fries and veg. Went and dropped off a return package to Amazon at Kohls; stopped at Publix by the Kohls for more veg and milk, and remembered why I like the Publix closer to my house (it's a 5 min drive, this one is 15 min drive)....people at the one close to my house wear masks! Lazed about, took a 3 hour nap (allergy meds + Midol = sleepy time). Finished the last of the Rice krispy treats I made with DGS#2 the other day.

Feel better Tina! Thank you again for your suicide prevention work! Hooray that you are getting to reconnect with an old friend, too.

Thanks for sharing your adorable DGS with us, Bianca and Bernard! I am not able to eat rice krispy treats anymore (way too chewy) but used to love them and know most kiddos do :)

Always good to hear of quick delivery service especially of happy things like Christmas ornaments! I was Blessed today to have received some needed pajamas from Wal-Mart. I hope my phone will come tomorrow!

Lovely pond, Bobbiewoz, thank you for sharing.

Happy Birthday indeed, apirateslifeforme! Prayers you are having a great day, my friend!

Thursday extra gratitude:

Two lovely PM's regarding my earlier call out post for help with a kindness project from friends within this very thread!
A sweet message from a non Disboard friend
Dad was able to get some needed items at the 99 cent only store this morning

Anyone want to ask today's QOTD? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter