Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

God morning. 32 degrees right now with mid 30s expected. However tomorrow will be bone chilling cold, with temps overnight going down to single digits, high of 16 tomorrow. Wind chill expected too. DSs and I will be at the house tomorrow clearing stuff off the floors that we have saved to take to our respective houses. Older DS gets to store my stuff for now. At least we will mostly be in a warm house until it is time to load up the cars. Off to get ready for work.

Have a good day.

Stay warm, @Snowysmom!

Same weather pattern for me, with an inch or two of snow predicted for Monday. (I'm glad I took the outdoor decorations down yesterday!)

Not too busy today - just some housework and a phone call with my niece later. Tomorrow we're supposed to have a thing at DH's Lodge, and then quiet again for Sunday. Will probably pack the tree away on Monday.

Good morning all. Above freezing for a change, but now our storm watch is turning into a storm warning for 8-12 inches of snow. They said it would fall at the rate of 1-3" an hour on Sunday night? NO, go away, I do not want snow! It says portions of Western MD (usually means farther to the west of us), and Central, so it could possible miss us since we are in the gulley so to speak.

Sister in Law went to Walmart yesterday, she said it was a zoo. I can only imagine. You say the S word and everyone thinks they will be snowed in for a week.

I did a lot of cleaning yesterday, so nothing to do today, poor me, lol!

Have a nice morning all.. @Snowysmom and @PollyannaMom--stay warm!

We live exactly in the area called the I95 corridor, right by the MD/DE line. That area often mentioned in weather reports. We are currently predicted to have snow, rain, freezing rain.

DH and I both got negative COVID results. Still coughing but pretty sure just what the kids shared. We don’t feel bad but sound terrible.

No big plans today. DH is organizing the basement so I can’t find anything he can get a pool table. I may go down and work on some file cabinets of my parents papers that are no longer needed.

Good Morning 🐥

We have another mail mystery going on here :( I am so blessed and by some of kind you to have gotten people from different states to send me crosswords for my surprise for my dad. Now, I pray to get the puzzles sent to me. We have not gotten any mailbox mail all week. I also looked on Amazon a little while ago to check on a surprise (the custom puzzle) I had ordered for my dad that was to come through USPS, it said delivery failed last night! It did say it would be attempted to be delivered again.

Here's the extra odd/mysterious part! I will check with dad on the time when he comes home shortly from doing laundry and shopping. I think this happened before the time indicated by the post office. Anyway, sometime after 7 he saw a mail truck parked one space down from our building. He also saw a mailman with his mailbag. Then what is so odd is someone who had originally been parked behind my car (my car is in the first space right in front of our building of which there are two--parallel parking) decided he wanted the space the mailman had for some strange reason! Dad thinks this is what happened anyway because the next thing he knew, the mailman and his truck were gone without delivering anything and the neighbor had taken the space! That was the end of the mail from last night. I went back to check Informed Delivery and we have not gotten any mailbox mail this entire week. we'll be trying to call the PO later today.

I hope you were able to quickly get your grocery order, Carol, and get back warmly home! Just saw your later post and thank God, you and your DH tested negative. Please do take care and feel better, my friend.

Prayers you have a good day Snowysmom and indeed stay warm as well!

I do hope you get to go tomorrow night and have fun, PollyannaMom :)

Wow, Lynn that sounds both cold and crazy! I think folks are indeed stocking up. Dad does keep finding that supply is once again going down as prices go up so it's possible that supply/demand+snowy weather are both contributing to shopping craziness! I am sorry your SIL got caught up in that frenzy :(

Hugs and Happy Friday to all!

Last edited:
Happy Friday! :tigger:

Working from home today so I was able to get the house cleaned and a load of laundry done this morning. Ds2 stopped over this morning before his dentist appointment. The dogs are always happy when someone stops by. Just ran some food to my aunt for her dinner tonight. Went and got my haircut last night. I've been going to her since high school. She didn't charge me for doing my hair for my son's wedding last month plus she trimmed up Ds3's hair that day also. As a thank you, I brought her a 12 pk. of Diet Coke and a Target gift card. My knees are still bothering me every morning, yesterday the pain lasted all day. I finally gave in and took some Tylenol. I looked up some stretching exercises to do so I started with those yesterday and did them again this morning. Putting some salmon in the oven for dinner tonight, hopefully it's good. I don't think I've bought this kind of seasoned salmon before.

Back to work, have a great day! :earsboy:

but now our storm watch is turning into a storm warning for 8-12 inches of snow

It does look like western MD is gonna get walloped! Hope you are spared the worst of it.
We live exactly in the area called the I95 corridor, right by the MD/DE line. That area often mentioned in weather reports. We are currently predicted to have snow, rain, freezing rain.
We are smack in the middle of the 0-1" area, but likely to get some ice. Good times....Snow or rain-no problem. Ice - so difficult. Western MD I'll trade you!!!
DH and I both got negative COVID results.
:thumbsup2
We have another mail mystery going on here
Good luck!

Good afternoon one & all. Hope your day is going well. Quiet day here. Did see the PW's guys spraying earlier, so I guess they are preparing for Sunday afternoon already. My snow shovels are still on the porch and I'm going to snitch some salt from the shop so I'm all prepared for what will most likely be a majority sleet then rain event for my corner of Maryland. Oh well, can't win them all!

I have no definitive plans for the weekend. House is fairly straightened up, I stripped the bed and even washed blankets this morning before work so that is all done. I'll probably wash all the towels tomorrow. Maybe I'll pop out to the Amish market outside of Dover to see what's good. I'll make a proper meal for youngest (he arrived for a day or two this morning, but he works nights and keeps to those hours) tomorrow night, not sure yet exactly what, but something good. Maybe I'll get into some reading. I do have some frozen cookie dough left, I could make the rest of them I suppose. Oh yeah - I do have several bags of dog food to go to the humane society, I could finally get around to dropping it off.

Dinner tonight will be simple, burgers or meatball sandwiches. Don't know when husband will be home and am not sure when youngest will be waking up so I figured I wouldn't bother chasing two moving targets with a proper dinnertime!

Now that we have transitioned from two large dogs to one large dog I adjusted my Chewy auto ship. I decided to keep same amount of food but make the interval longer between deliveries. Knock wood I've not had any issues with our chosen dog food like some of you have had with your cat food.

I need to run into the post office & drop something off to UPS, I'd better get to it before the afternoon gets further along-

Good morning all. Above freezing for a change, but now our storm watch is turning into a storm warning for 8-12 inches of snow. They said it would fall at the rate of 1-3" an hour on Sunday night? NO, go away, I do not want snow! It says portions of Western MD (usually means farther to the west of us), and Central, so it could possible miss us since we are in the gulley so to speak.

Sister in Law went to Walmart yesterday, she said it was a zoo. I can only imagine. You say the S word and everyone thinks they will be snowed in for a week.

I did a lot of cleaning yesterday, so nothing to do today, poor me, lol!

Have a nice morning all.. @Snowysmom and @PollyannaMom--stay warm!

I hope it misses you. And misses me and all of us! I went out and got some groceries, with stew meat being what I wanted so that I can make a big pot of it tomorrow. Of course I was shopping in Costco. I usually mix it up with Safeway, Aldi, Giant, Shoppers and Costco. But, didn't feel like making extra stops so I bought one of those platters of veggies with the ranch dip in the center. The carrots are going in my stew and some of the celery. The broccoli and cauliflower are part of tonights dinner and I will chop up the peppers to eat with the dip, along with some of the veggies. Usually I would repurpose the leftover veggies after enjoying the tray but dollarwise it made cents this time around, plus convenient.

The ice is melting off my deck finally. It was 46 earlier. Tomorrow morning we wake up to 21 and a high of 28, then going down to 16 Saturday night. I will try to bring KIttyKitty inside if he will climb in the cage for my DD. He will have to sleep in the cage as I can't let him loose with my cats.

The cage is 2 tiers and quite large. I can put litter in a pan on the bottom and he can sleep up top. Just not sure he will trust DD enough to follow his food in there. We will see. We also don't wish to be scratched up either.

It does look like western MD is gonna get walloped! Hope you are spared the worst of it.

We are smack in the middle of the 0-1" area, but likely to get some ice. Good times....Snow or rain-no problem. Ice - so difficult. Western MD I'll trade you!!!

:thumbsup2

Good luck!

snip snipped some of the post

Now that we have transitioned from two large dogs to one large dog I adjusted my Chewy auto ship. I decided to keep same amount of food but make the interval longer between deliveries. Knock wood I've not had any issues with our chosen dog food like some of you have had with your cat food.

I think we will get an ice storm also and I would rather snow, but neither would be best!

I had a medium dog and a little dog. At some point they were both eating 'little' dog food. When medium dog passed, after a few bags, I switched to smaller sized bags, because it just felt like it might be getting stale. I don't know, really, just how I felt about it. So now I pay a little extra and get 2 small bags when I order from Chewy. He eats wet and dry food and I order the 'small bites' kibble for him.

The cats can eat through a big bag easily - big being the 16 pound bag. The biggest cat is 17 pounds and the dog is not quite 20 pounds, plus there are 4 cats, so they don't let it go stale.

We just can't seem to catch a break on celebrating Christmas together even belatedly. Youngest DGS has been exposed to covid, as a close contact, at day care. He has been tested and DS and DDIL are waiting for results. So we all decided to reschedule Sunday's get together. I will go to see younger DS and grandkids myself. I am going to do a home test that morning just to be sure I am negative. Both DGS at my older DS's house are out of school for 5 days due to the younger one being exposed. This is the second time he has been exposed and he was negative last time. I don't get too close to the kids as they never stop long enough to get close to them. Older DS tests every week at work and he has been negative. DDIL tests weekly at work too and she is negative.

It is around 38 now but a bit windy. It feels chillier than 38 so I think it is time to wear a hat when I go out for my walk. I hope everyone in the path of the storm stays safe and warm.

Judique You have me craving beef stew. It is going to be one of the first things I make when I find my new home. My older DDIL does not want beef around, she has an aversion to it. So, since I am staying in their home, I will respect her wishes. The last time I did an overnight at younger DS's my younger DDIL made a beef stew and it was so yummy. I had mentioned to DS that I was craving beef stew and she offered to make it for me. She was actually craving it too so it worked out.

I am missing Chris alot lately and have been talking with him. I try not to yell right now but sometimes I do ask him why. When I am out driving I sometimes think of Chris in the passenger seat. I imagine Chris in the passenger seat as I drive down 495 passing tractor trailers and occasionally going a bit too fast. I don't even realize it until I look at the speedometer. Many cars are still going alot faster than me so I am not over the top fast. I imagine him yelling at me to slow down. He was always in the right lane on 495 but I like the middle lane so I don't have to deal with people coming onto the highway from the ramps. If he is in the car with me he is having a heck of a ride. :angel:

Nothing goes stale here- doesn't get the chance! My Chewy order is for 128 lbs. of dog food per month. Or rather, it was. Now I'll be at just over half that, so about 75 lbs. per month, give or take.

Now my fosters? I can go and buy a 12 or 15 lb. bag of dog food and it lasts weeks! It's amazing!

Lol, I'm buying 7.4 pound bags and that bag lasts a month combined with wet food. My dog is cheaper to feed than a cat.

We just can't seem to catch a break on celebrating Christmas together even belatedly. Youngest DGS has been exposed to covid, as a close contact, at day care. He has been tested and DS and DDIL are waiting for results. So we all decided to reschedule Sunday's get together. I will go to see younger DS and grandkids myself. I am going to do a home test that morning just to be sure I am negative. Both DGS at my older DS's house are out of school for 5 days due to the younger one being exposed. This is the second time he has been exposed and he was negative last time. I don't get too close to the kids as they never stop long enough to get close to them. Older DS tests every week at work and he has been negative. DDIL tests weekly at work too and she is negative.

It is around 38 now but a bit windy. It feels chillier than 38 so I think it is time to wear a hat when I go out for my walk. I hope everyone in the path of the storm stays safe and warm.

Judique You have me craving beef stew. It is going to be one of the first things I make when I find my new home. My older DDIL does not want beef around, she has an aversion to it. So, since I am staying in their home, I will respect her wishes. The last time I did an overnight at younger DS's my younger DDIL made a beef stew and it was so yummy. I had mentioned to DS that I was craving beef stew and she offered to make it for me. She was actually craving it too so it worked out.

I am missing Chris alot lately and have been talking with him. I try not to yell right now but sometimes I do ask him why. When I am out driving I sometimes think of Chris in the passenger seat. I imagine Chris in the passenger seat as I drive down 495 passing tractor trailers and occasionally going a bit too fast. I don't even realize it until I look at the speedometer. Many cars are still going alot faster than me so I am not over the top fast. I imagine him yelling at me to slow down. He was always in the right lane on 495 but I like the middle lane so I don't have to deal with people coming onto the highway from the ramps. If he is in the car with me he is having a heck of a ride. :angel:

I bet he would enjoy that ride! Nothing to fear anymore!

Younger DD loves meat. I tolerate meat but love tons of veggies so the beef stew works for both of us. I always want to make it when it's cold out. Also will make some corn bread to go with it.

Stay careful around the little ones. Youngest is turning 5 next week, and I will be bringing the birthday gifts but I don't think I'm going to join in on the party. It's the earliest day I could get my darling wife (dishwasher) installed also. DGD was positive after the New Years holiday and is probably fine right now but I still don't willingly go to restaurants and that's what is happening. I think I'll stay careful for a bit longer. If they get a negative test, I will feel differently but not sure DD is going to not work to go stand in line for it.

And they are all over me. Hugs and kisses and wanting to sit on my lap so can't push them away. I've only just managed to get them to sleep in the spare room when they sleep over. They are real cuddlebugs.

They are saying its still just a storm watch, which means it's out there,,not a warning till it actually moves in. They are saying Portions of western Maryland, the Shenandoah Valley and central and northern Virginia Blue Ridge, and the eastern West Virginia panhandle. Could get 8-11, possibly up to 15, with a light glaze of freezing rain on top of that..and 45 mph winds. They had better be wrong. We have plenty of food,,the wood stove if the power goes out, an emergency tank of oxygen just in case..and I am going to make sure the cell phones are charged, and that candles and battery powered lights are ready just in case. I will put a big bowl of dry food and water in the wood shed, and another under the front porch, in case I can't get to the shed to feed the cats. I am hoping it goes in another direction

@Snowysmom--Sorry but the last part of your post made me laugh. I know you feel sad that Chris is gone, but I love that you feel like he's in the car with you and would be yelling at you for going to fast!

And they are all over me. Hugs and kisses and wanting to sit on my lap so can't push them away. I've only just managed to get them to sleep in the spare room when they sleep over. They are real cuddlebugs.
My younger DS's kids are all over me whenever I visit with them. They love to sit next to me and read or snuggle and talk. Older DGD especially has become very cuddly. She and Grandpa were very close so now she wants to be close to Nana. Younger DGD throws herself at me and wants me to catch her in a hug. My DGS will shyly sit down next to me with a book, and snuggle in for a good read. Older DS's boys are active, crazy, and run around everywhere. They do not stop for a hug or a cuddle.

My DGS tested negative. Good news.

Big prayers to all of you in snow country! PLEASE do stay warm and safe and when possible, at home!

It's nice here today which is an extra blessing always. No mail yet. Dad did try calling the main post office branch but (as usual) no one answered. I just hope the puzzle will somehow come! I do remember when this happened before, the following week we did get mailbox mail but no packages through the mail--opposite of right now although the puzzle was a package. One thing is I sure don't take any mail delivery for granted anymore.

Prayers extra for your grandkids, Snowysmom! I, too, love that you feel and sense Chris' is with you in the car. He is indeed riding along and walking beside you always:hug:

@flyingdumbo127, your mail is situation is puzzling. (See that pun there. Lol)

My grandkids are all over me too and I don’t care. We try to have DGD give DDIL Space but Aunt J is Tessa’s “favorite girl.”

When we had two goldens I bought dog food 4 40 pound bags at a time and just bought more as that ran out. They ate way more than the shelties did.

t's the earliest day I could get my darling wife (dishwasher) installed also.
This made me :rotfl2:

Evening thread bump.

The tablecloth came and is adorable! Should any of you ever need a card table birthday cloth, I absolutely recommend this one. It's like a fitted sheet (which is odd for a tablecloth) but works perfectly--yay.

Carol, I sure don't understand what's going on here with the mail. I don't think it's come yet today. Amazon delivered the tablecloth. I wish there were a way to know in advance of ordering something how it would ultimately be delivered but there isn't. Some happy mail is better than no happy mail :)

Have a good evening everyone and sleep well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter