Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Merriweather - your grandaughter has the exact same cooking style I do! Those multi-colored sprinkle things are the only ones I use!

She had the choice of the many, many I have. She knew they couldn't be dark or wouldn't show. That is what she chose. The cake will be dessert at our family weekly lunch on Saturday

QOTD Wednesday, August 5th: It’s time for breakfast! You can eat at home, or you can go out. What are you having?

At home I have either oatmeal with almonds or walnuts and cinnamon or avocado toast and a hard boiled egg. When we go out for breakfast I usually have a veggie omelet with fruit cup and rye toast. Once a year I will have roast beef hash and eggs when we go out.

We got some rain and a little wind with the storm. We still lost power for about an hour. Not bad. I had made supper a bit early in case of a power outage so that worked out. I made naan bread veggie pizzas and roasted green beans. Tonight is leftover homemade pasta fagioli soup and toasted naan bread.

I hope all of you are having a safe, cool, and good afternoon. I am so thankful to have gotten some rest. My postcard stamps finally came from the post office so as a reminder, I would be happy to send a few of you a friendly postcard. Just PM me.

Also grateful today for a call, text, and email, from friends. Always thankful to all of you on here!

QOTD Wednesday, August 5th: It’s time for breakfast! You can eat at home, or you can go out. What are you having?

If I'm eating it to genuinely enjoy it: a waffle, a slice of French toast, scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and a sausage link.

Would not be a regular/every day breakfast, though. I have a very strict healthy breakfast regular mornings.

QOTD: Most days I have a whole wheat English muffin, yogurt and fruit. But some days if people are home (especially me and DD, lol) we will make bacon and eggs with toast. It’s always so good!

If I go out, I am pretty much a purist with bacon, eggs and toast and maybe home fries if they’re good. I used to take my mother out for that a lot, and she loved it! I am not a big pancake or French toast person save once in a while, and I like blueberry pancakes if I get them.

DH is a pancake fiend! DS likes a breakfast burrito. In the pic I posted this morning those were DD’s breakfast tacos in the back, which she said were great, and that is her Boma plate above, just from this past March, literally right before the parks closed!

If you’re in the Midwest , stop by a Bob Evans restaurant. I use to get the farmer’s breakfast - two eggs over easy, toast, hash browns and chose of meat.
Now eating healthier, I will sometimes get breakfast for lunch when running errands. Egg white scramble, 3 small silver dollar multi grain pancakes, turkey sausage and fresh fruit

My old high school science teacher use to drill into our heads how BREAKFAST IS THE MOST important meal of the day ! Doesn’t have to be cereal or oatmeal . It can be cold pizza or peanut butter crackers. If you wake up at 6 am, think High school student, and don’t eat lunch till 11:30 am. Then whatever you do eat is stored as fat because your body is in starvation mode. But if you get up at 6 am and at least grab crackers and a water at 7 am running out the door. Then when you eat lunch, your body won’t be in panic mode and will burn some of the calories.
Shared this story, only because you all have become my friends and I want you around for a long while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter