Question about Hertz Gold Plus with manager special

joxer1014

DIS Veteran
I am using Hertz at MCO for the second time this year. After reading some positive reviews with going straight to the garage with your gold plus membership, I had a great experience when I picked up my car back in May. Being new to Hertz then, I reserved a standard size SUV and they sent me to the gold aisle. I found it to be similar to National's executive aisle where they have various sizes of cars to pick from. I chose an Equinox which was fine. The other thing with my reservation is that it showed that I was reserved as Gold Canopy.

This time I reserved a managers special. There was also a manager special for electric cars but I did not choose that. When my reservation was confirmed it also showed Gold Canopy. What I would like to know is if there is anyone out there who has had Gold Canopy on their reservation and reserved the managers special and what aisle did they direct you to? Was it still the gold aisle? I have gold plus whether that makes a difference or not. Just wand to know what I can expect if I dont see a lower price for my dates as my day gets closer. Also does the gold canopy category get you an automatic pick on the gold aisle no matter what size you reserve?

Thanks everyone

With a Manager's Special you don't get to use the Gold Canopy Service. You have to go to the desk in the terminal and they assign you whatever class they have the most of, usually a compact, 15 passenger van or pick up truck. In order to choose from the Gold Aisle you have to have a mid-size or higher reservation.

With a Manager's Special you don't get to use the Gold Canopy Service. You have to go to the desk in the terminal and they assign you whatever class they have the most of, usually a compact, 15 passenger van or pick up truck. In order to choose from the Gold Aisle you have to have a mid-size or higher reservation.
Then why does my reservation specifically say Gold Canopy?

Then why does my reservation specifically say Gold Canopy?
In order to use the gold aisle (even if you’re a gold member), you have to book intermediate or above. Managers special, economy, and compact rentals don’t qualify. Manager’s Special will generally be an assigned vehicle in an assigned space - not always but 98% of the time. They also want you coming to the desk so they can upsell you on that high mileage sub-compact or offer you another option to that 15 passenger van you may have been assigned.

Last edited:

"" 15 passenger van ""

Some credit card car rental collision benefits exclude some models of cars. It varies from one credit card company to another. Pickup trucks and convertibles are likely to be in the exclusion list. So if you get assigned something unusual you may end up having to buy the car rental company's coverage.

I think that the rental company has to provide you with a car that has the number of seat belts as you reserved and an automatic transmision.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter