question about Palos...Barb/Tony or anyone...

CKay

Earning My Ears
Barb and Tony,
I've been a long time reader of your posts and welcome home from the Western. Since we leave on Friday for the Western and I haven't packed one stitch of clothing yet and my head is spinning maybe you can help me pick a Palo dinner and brunch time. We have older kids..11 and 12..so I think we may have the same dinner rotation as you. I was thinking about Mon night for dinner and Thursday for brunch, but don't want to find we reserved on a night we shouldn't miss regular rotation.

Thanks,
CKay

On the western, I believe Monday night is one of the formal nights. That's not to say you shouldn't go to Palo on this night, but it is something to consider. My personal opinion is that there's no better meal on the ship than Palo, so go when you feel like it and don't worry about missing something in the main dining rooms.

During the whole cruise there will be plenty of things worth doing/seeing that happen at the same time. Try not to stress about missing something. Just enjoy what you're doing and do things you enjoy.

The only night that I would try to avoid "losing" on your regular rotation would be the first Animator's Palate dinner with the "light show". Palo's is amazing - I went last week for the first time (4th cruise/1st Palo experience). We were at second seating and made our reservation for 8 pm.
It is decadent, beautiful and not to be missed. We were also able to get into High Tea, but opted not to attend brunch (this time). Enjoy - if you are lucky enough to have Erika as your server, say hello for me!
Dawn Hope

Western Rotation

Sat L-A-P rotation casual
Sun L-A-P rotation formal
Mon L-A-P rotaion casual
Tue Master Chef casual
Wed Mexicali Mexican attire
Thu Captains Gala semi formal
Fri Small World casual

with 10-11 year olds, I would guess you would start in Parot Cay

This whole dinner rotation thing is mysterious. I assume we don't find out definitely until we are on the ship, as my documents lend no hint. I am doing the Western 7 day with 2 teenagers. (15 &17) I was trying to decide when to make Palo reservations too. Could you shed some light on the rotation schedule. I know I read somethng about it on these boards before, and I hate to be a nit wit, but I find it very confusing. Thank for all the input from you seasoned cruisers!

Those traveling with small children tend to get the APL rotation (APT on Wonder)...In 4 cruises with DCL, we've had this rotation each and every time....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter