Question about Ponchos

We always take a dollar store trip for ponchos, mesh bags (for laundry), snacks and toiletries. The best way to guarantee that it will rain is to go without a poncho :)

We call it rain insurance. We bought our ponchos at WDW in 2013 (because we didn't have them yet, and I wasn't on this board yet, lol), and we never had a problem switching them out because of a rip. I think at this point 1 is original, 1 we bought for our daughter in 2014 (and is still original), and 1 was exchanged in 2014 or 2015. (we also exchanged some on the same trip in 2013 for my parents because they ripped right away. I have no idea if my parents still have theirs)

For that price I'd pay a few dollars more and get the Disney ponchos which they'll exchange if you get a rip. They are heavier material and don't blow around so easily either.

For that price I'd pay a few dollars more and get the Disney ponchos which they'll exchange if you get a rip. They are heavier material and don't blow around so easily either.

I was suggesting the rain coat since Disney is apparently not allowing ponchos on some water rides.

Thanks for the great suggestions! Tonight we finally found some rain ponchos. (The last 5 they had!) They were hidden on a shelf behind the camping stuff at Wal-Mart and just 95 cents! We are super excited!

Unfortunately in my experience the cheap ponchos are only good for a very light rain. But they will do in a pinch and are certainly better than nothing! I tried to go the cheap poncho route one trip, and ended up buying new Disney ponchos anyway.

We went last year during Hurricane Matthew, and I was so glad to have purchased the Disney ponchos!!! They were nice and thick, and held up great to the wind and hard rain showers that we experienced leading up to the hurricane itself. They were easy enough to fold back up and stick in the bag we purchased them in, and store in my backpack for the next shower. We also asked for extra bags, and put all of our belongings in them, then in my backpack, so even my autograph cards stayed nice and dry the whole time. I certainly second the suggestion of bringing flip flops or crocs for wearing during the rain, my tennis shoes got soaked everyday, and it was AWFUL to put my feet in damp shoes in the morning.

We went last year during Hurricane Matthew, and I was so glad to have purchased the Disney ponchos!!! They were nice and thick, and held up great to the wind and hard rain showers that we experienced leading up to the hurricane itself. They were easy enough to fold back up and stick in the bag we purchased them in, and store in my backpack for the next shower. We also asked for extra bags, and put all of our belongings in them, then in my backpack, so even my autograph cards stayed nice and dry the whole time. I certainly second the suggestion of bringing flip flops or crocs for wearing during the rain, my tennis shoes got soaked everyday, and it was AWFUL to put my feet in damp shoes in the morning.

We left WDW early because of Hurricane Matthew. There was a few days where we were in the park, and we were soaked! I was very happy to have packed my Croc Sandals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter