Question for WebmasterDoc!!

Wislodgers

Mouseketeer
Doc-
On another thread(connecting rooms by MrsM), you stated that you stayed in a 1br that had the ability to connect to 2 studios....... I called MS to inquire if that combo would be possible at VWL........CM I spoke to had never heard of that type of room and said that no DVC resorts have that type of room........Did I possibly ask for the wrong thing or do you think it is only available at VB? It would have been nice for our trip in January! Should I try MS again and ask someone else? Thank-you for any information!!!

VWL probably doesn't have that configuration (nor will BCV). I believe OKW does have that ability, as well as VB and HH. The purpose of the configuration is to allow for an accessible 3BR villa.

At VB, the Beach Cottages (GV's) are NOT accessible, as all have steps to enter the cottage and steps to access the kitchen/living area.

At OKW, until the last 3 buildings were constructed, the GV's were not very accessible (the entry is one the 2nd floor for all but 1).

At HH, all GV's are accessed on the 2nd floor.

At these resorts, there are 1BR/2studio combinations (I have stayed in one at VB and was told that OKW and HH have the same ability.)

At VWL and BCV. there is no need for a 3BR access- since there are no GV's at those resorts. At BWV there is an accessible GV- built all on one floor.

Even when I stayed in the one at VB, I had to ask several CM's before I found someone who knew of the configuration. It is NOT a well known style- I'm not surprised that few know of the layout.

At VB, the 1BR has a connecting lock-off in the usual spot and another in the master BR next to the king bed- not the most convenient layout, but workable.

I suspect that these are used infrequently and ONLY in situations where HC accessibility is required for a 3BR villa.

Thank-you so much for the response! Since VWL does not have GV, it is too bad they didn't make a few of the 1br/2studio combinations. It would have been a nice set up, but we are all so excited about our trip in January, it won't matter where our rooms are, it will work out fine!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter