Question for you electrical experts

bgula

DIS Veteran
I had my power converter in my 5th wheel fried with too much voltage. Picked up a replacement and everything's fine now, but I was wondering if it would be worth it to try to have the fried one fixed and then resell it? Would anyone have any ideas on this? If so, point me in the right direction. It was a WFCO 8855 converter.

I wouldn't feel real warm and fuzzy about it. Probably wouldn't be worth the cost anyway.

I managed to grab a new one on Ebay for $135 US, but my local RV place wanted to sell me one for over $400 CDN! When I mentioned that Camping World had one for the high 200's, he said he could drop it to $360. Just thought that maybe there might be a way to sell this thing if it could be fixed for less than $200.

whenever i see things that were fried and reconditioned, i run away, fast...

my father works on sportsfish yachts and sees way too many reconditioned things make very expensive smells...

WFCO converters are cheap Chinese crap to begin with so I wouldn't waste my time.
I find it amazing how many of the RV componets are made in China.
The cheaper the better that's what I allways say to heck with quality!

You would have to have access to all the original production schematics as well as replacement parts... its cheap foreign junk that isnt worth the trouble to fix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter