Quick Trip report - two day escape

ckb_nc

DIS Veteran
Quick trip for just the two of us -2 days away to play.

We had been the last October (work/play trip for me with the kids joining us in the middle) and in May (24 hours of Disney as a graduation trip/gift).

Used some Southwest vouchers to fly using Disney Magical Express for the first time - goof experience although our bags arrived later than we expected.

We stayed at Coronado - our room was ready when we got there and got late checkout. We liked the resort.

Friday did the Halloween party with the Villain Soiree. Got the park by 4:30 and it was not too crowded. We basically walked on both Thunder and Splash before we ate at Pecos Bills (worst meal of the weekend). We hit up the Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan before we made our way to the Main Street. The reserved seating for the parade and fireworks was very very cool. My wife basically say for two hours to take in the castle. We saw the fireworks sitting by ourselves. Awesome. I managed tow Space Mountain rides between the parade and the fireworks - having reserved seats meant it was easy to leave and come back

Crowds we manageable - we even saw Elsa and Anna on a reasonable 40 min wait. That was so fun (we met them last May - this Elsa was worse but a really good Anna - we facetimed my DS Anna with the Princess Anna - rather priceless actually). We also rose the Mine Train too.

We had the late seating for the Villain Soiree - let me tell you it was great - very well done. It was expensive but it was worth it. Going to be a tough ticket next year. The deserts were good as was the cheese plate.

uj-rvuoIlW

Saturday - 4-n-1 day. We hit all 4 parks.

uj-rvuoIlW

Started at Hollywood Studios with FastPasses to RocknRoll Coaster.

Then the Frozen Sing Along - that show was hilarious and so well done. Laughed our tails off. We shopped some on our way out and rode the boat to Epcot.

Score a Fastpass to Soaring on the way into Epcot and then proceeded for Food and Wine, It was mobbed. The good thing was we had a plan which we stuck to. But it was truly crowded. Took our time but saw some long lines.

We left to Soarin - had to talk my wife into it - she got off it and declared her favorite ride at Epcot. Score one for me.

We discussed what was next - we were tired and needed a break. We made a plan - desert at Kona Cafe prior to hitting MK for Wishes. As we left Epcot after shopping some more (theme there of the day) we could not decide whether to head back to the room then AK or head to AK. The bus for AK pulled up just as we hit the Bus corral. It was a sign. Off to AK.

The bus ride was nice - and of course it was quiet as we entered. The wait apps said a 40 minute wait for Kali. We basically walked on. We looked a t our watches when we got off (quite wet thank you). it was 30 minutes from the time the bus pulled up. And we headed back to the hotel after well more shopping.

We had about 3 hours of down time. Ate dinner at the hotel and I hit the pool while my wife slept.

Left for MK and Poly and it took us 40 minutes to get there - I was pleased. Kona is our all time favorite restaurant. It was so much fun and I suprised my wife again - ordered the bread pudding from Ohana's; she devoured and declared the best dessert at WDW. It was amazing. Managed to jump a monorail and walk into ML 2 minutes before Wishes. We watched it from the train station - which was a first. Main street was mobbed - just packed like sardines. Seriously scary.

umSBZcoIvI

We watched the crowd pour out and they had them coming our of the back entrances from Frontierland AND Tomorrow Land.

WE sat there for a while and watched the Castle show. It was still plenty corwded. WE split up - I needed to ride an attraction to fulfill the 4 and 1 challenge while well my wife shopped. I rode Space Mountain - asked myself if you are in MK and have one ride what is it - to me it is Space Mountain. Takes me back to my childhood when it was the best ride in the park (the only park).

umYuIZoIr8

We met up and decided to head out; it was EMH. I remarked that I could have stayed but I would be zombie the next day. And we had up until Space Mountain done the day all together. My wife would stay but was done riding.

I talked her into seeing Tinkerbell - we have never met her. It was walk on and my wife was so happy.

un7hMSIIvA

We enjoyed also the kids behind us - they were so cute.

We headed back to our hotel. Tired but we did it. No EMH - 4 parks 1 Day with a major attraction at each park. Used Disney Transportation the entire way.

Sunday - basically slept late - enjoyed the hotel some and off the airport - Wish we had a day to enjoy the resort but it means we will back.

October has become our go to month for WDW- love the Halloween party - love Food and Wine - weather was perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter