Quietest Concierge Room Locations

KevinFL

DCL Pearl
When booking Concierge on the Fantasy or Dream, are any Concierge room locations known to be quieter than others?
I stayed on deck 12 of the Fantasy near the elevators which I loved but in the a.m. heard noise from the deck chairs being moved above. I would prefer to stay on 12 rather than go down to 11 and was wondering if the room locations further towards the front of concierge are any quieter.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

We've stayed in a few different rooms on the Fantasy on the starboard side - 12504, 12506, 12512, and 12526. 12512 was the only one where I remember any noise - it sounded like thunderstorms were going on a few times a day from moving deck chairs. I think 12504 was probably the quietest - there is less traffic to go by up there. I really liked the easy access to the lounge from 12512 and would not be put off by the noise from staying there again, but it's not the quietest place.

We were on the Dream on the port side of deck 12 (12022) and I dont remember any noise while sleeping.

We have only done concierge a few times,all on deck 12, and do not recall much noise from above. There still can be some noise but it seemed to be the crew moving things around. The actual footprint for the concierge rooms/area is pretty small for the ship, so I don’t think there will be a noticeable difference between rooms. It is not liked there is a kid area over some rooms and not others. The area on 13 above all of the rooms would only be the adult area/sundeck. That seems to have less traffic overall and less movement of deck chairs during the day than the main pool area.

Since it would seem to me that noise level would not be a big difference you might consider other factors when selecting a room. I agree with the point above about being near the lounge. We didn’t have the bump out veranda but were right across from the lounge in 12014 once and loved the quick access. It was so easy to grab a drink or snack, almost as good as having the kitchen in the Walt Suite. The “Gerbil ball” of the veranda’s on deck 11 is a big no-no for us but I would imagine it could be a little more quiet. Someone else will have to give feedback on those.

When booking Concierge on the Fantasy or Dream, are any Concierge room locations known to be quieter than others?
I stayed on deck 12 of the Fantasy near the elevators which I loved but in the a.m. heard noise from the deck chairs being moved above. I would prefer to stay on 12 rather than go down to 11 and was wondering if the room locations further towards the front of concierge are any quieter.

Wish I could help you. We will be doing our 1st concierge sailing in Sept on the Fantasy and because I didn't book the cruise until May and didn't upgrade from 5C to concierge until June, there were ONLY Deck 11 options. It will be interesting to see how it works out. The Cat T looks amazing and we will have a very large verandah. I would have preferred starboard deck 12. I will be interested in seeing the answers you get. Good luck! :flower2:

Since it would seem to me that noise level would not be a big difference you might consider other factors when selecting a room. I agree with the point above about being near the lounge. We didn’t have the bump out veranda but were right across from the lounge in 12014 once and loved the quick access. It was so easy to grab a drink or snack, almost as good as having the kitchen in the Walt Suite. The “Gerbil ball” of the veranda’s on deck 11 is a big no-no for us but I would imagine it could be a little more quiet. Someone else will have to give feedback on those.

I'm sure hoping that our "gerbil ball" Cat T turns out awesome! I will know pretty soon. :cutie:

I’m interested in this, as well. I didn’t know about the “gerbil verandah” on 11. Will have to look into that. My main concern is the motion of the Forward rooms. Otherwise, I’m sold on concierge for the conveniences associated with embarkation/debarkation days. I’ll pay for that.

We had a suite on the Dream, 11004, with a “gerbil veranda”. We loved it. The location itself was very quiet, no overhead noise at all. The bump out veranda was huge. In addition to the chairs and small table provided, we hooked up a camping hammock on the veranda with plenty of room to spare. We spent tons of time out there. The clear overhang meant we could sit out and enjoy the rainstorm that popped up one afternoon, without getting wet and listening to the pitter patter of the rain.

Last edited:
Have to ask, "gerbil ball", "gerbil verandah"? To what are these terms referring? In my mind I am seeing a steamship wheel with the passengers running around the wheel. :sail:
Gerbil ball veranda is how some people describe the unique clear plastic roof of the verandas on 11. The clear plastic panels curve partway down the face of the veranda. Think of a clear sunroom roof with a curve that ends halfway down the front of the veranda.

Have to ask, "gerbil ball", "gerbil verandah"? To what are these terms referring? In my mind I am seeing a steamship wheel with the passengers running around the wheel. :sail:

We had a suite on the Dream, 11004, with a “gerbil veranda”. We loved it. The location itself was very quiet, no overhead noise at all. The bump out veranda was huge. In addition to the chairs and small table provided, we hooked up a camping hammock on the veranda with plenty of room to spare. We spent tons of time out there. The clear overhang meant we could sit out and enjoy the rainstorm that popped up one afternoon, without getting wet and listening to the pitter patter of the rain.

Serenitynow's explanation is excellent! And THANK YOU for posting that, too serenity, as I have read a lot of comments that are rather negative toward the Deck 11 concierge rooms. The hammock idea is SUBLIME!!! You so smart. :laughing:

Here's a link to a good (and not too long) youtube video showing the suite we have booked (shhh, it's a surprise for my DH! He doesn't know we will be concierge!), Rm #11008, a "gerbil ball" room. :rotfl:

Well, I'm going to give a big ol' shout-out to the deck 11 concierge rooms! After sailing in far too many staterooms directly below sun decks and hearing deck chairs being dragged across our ceiling at all hours, I swore never again. We were in 11000 on our last cruise (a Cat V, accessible room) and it was FANTASTIC! I never heard a sound! It was as far away from the elevators as you could get so no one ever walked by our room and getting to the lounge was a quick walk up the stairs. I would highly recommend either deck 11 away from the elevators (I know you said you don't want it, but I would reconsider) or, if you have to choose deck 12, choose something beyond the concierge lounge (rooms that end in 12 or 06). It will help eliminate foot traffic, elevator/stair traffic, lounge traffic and get you beyond most of the deck chair locations on deck 13.

Thanks to those who gave feedback on deck 11 rooms. I apologize for use of the gerbil term that was from my DW. Probably no one else calls it that. She doesn’t like that cover over the veranda so, happy wife...

If anyone has ever had access to the Rainforest room the veranda covers over the whirlpools area is the same. It didn’t seem too bad when I was in there.

Well, I'm going to give a big ol' shout-out to the deck 11 concierge rooms! After sailing in far too many staterooms directly below sun decks and hearing deck chairs being dragged across our ceiling at all hours, I swore never again. We were in 11000 on our last cruise (a Cat V, accessible room) and it was FANTASTIC! I never heard a sound! It was as far away from the elevators as you could get so no one ever walked by our room and getting to the lounge was a quick walk up the stairs. I would highly recommend either deck 11 away from the elevators (I know you said you don't want it, but I would reconsider) or, if you have to choose deck 12, choose something beyond the concierge lounge (rooms that end in 12 or 06). It will help eliminate foot traffic, elevator/stair traffic, lounge traffic and get you beyond most of the deck chair locations on deck 13.

Thank you for that! I booked just last month so there were no Deck 12 options. We have 11008, and from my extensive research, it looks great! I need a quiet area to sleep as well, so I thought this location would be preferred to deck 12. I am just thrilled to be doing our first and possibly only concierge! Just trying to keep the secret until embarkation day from DH. :cutie:

Serenitynow's explanation is excellent! And THANK YOU for posting that, too serenity, as I have read a lot of comments that are rather negative toward the Deck 11 concierge rooms. The hammock idea is SUBLIME!!! You so smart. :laughing:

Here's a link to a good (and not too long) youtube video showing the suite we have booked (shhh, it's a surprise for my DH! He doesn't know we will be concierge!), Rm #11008, a "gerbil ball" room. :rotfl:

Thanks for the kind words, but now I have a confession to make... my guys brought the camping/travel hammock to use on Castaway Cay, but the veranda was so huge they hooked it up out there. Not my idea at all, but very much enjoyed by all.

Thanks for the kind words, but now I have a confession to make... my guys brought the camping/travel hammock to use on Castaway Cay, but the veranda was so huge they hooked it up out there. Not my idea at all, but very much enjoyed by all.

Well, that was very honest of you to admit, but I do think it was a brilliant idea! :cutie: Hoping for some more input to the OP's question on concierge rooms.

I had never heard of the gerbil ball verandah, but I think it looks really neat! Just out of curiosity sake (as I will probably never sail concierge), what are the verandahs like on deck 12? Area all deck 11 verandahs the "gerbil" type?

I had never heard of the gerbil ball verandah, but I think it looks really neat! Just out of curiosity sake (as I will probably never sail concierge), what are the verandahs like on deck 12? Area all deck 11 verandahs the "gerbil" type?

I had never heard them called "gerbil ball" verandahs until today. :sad2: I felt kind of bad for having one booked. :laughing:

The verandahs on Deck 12 do not have the domed plexi over the top like Deck 11 to my knowledge. All of the deck 11 verandah's have the "gerbil ball" verandahs as far as I know. This will be our first concierge sailing and with the cost, it might be our last. :goodvibes But it is a surprise for my DH, who has been working extra hard this year. He thinks we are in a Cat 5C on the FL res rate. Which we WERE originally! :banana:

Sorry again for the gerbil ball term, that was something DW coined since she is not a fan.

A couple of quick notes about verandas.
- All deck 11 have the cover
- A few cabins on both port and starboard side of both decks have extended verandas, Cat T and Cat V at the bump-out
- Most Cat V’s will have a veranda that is the same as other veranda cabins
- Most Cat T’s will have a normal veranda that is twice as long
- One Cat T, 12000, has the extra long veranda at the very center of the forward deck 12
- Royal’s veranda are huge and wrap the front corners of deck 12

This seems to have degraded into a veranda thread from the “quietest” thread so I’ll stop there.

Last edited:
Sorry again for the gerbil ball term, that was something DW coined since she is not a fan.

It's alright. I thought it was kind of funny. If we get rain, I think I will love the "gerbil ball" as I will easily be able to sit out on my oversized verandah and watch the world go by. :cutie:

As for most quiet concierge rooms, at least on Deck 11 I shouldn't hear nearly as much of the scooting of deck chairs above. :D

We had room 12514 on the Dream and never heard any deck chairs the whole cruise, which was really nice since I'm a light sleeper. We are going in January on the Fantasy in room 12506, it has en extra big verandah. I'm hoping it won't be too noisy above from deck chairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter