Race Deferrals

I can't stress enough how important it is to watch for deferrals to open and jump on it.
THIS - and it is SO crappy. I stalked the website for Tink deferrals and still missed it when the link was posted - thankfully an awesome friend happened to see it and let me know. I am SO glad I filled out the info then and there, because apparently deferrals were full in something crazy like 30 minutes!!

I thought I'd update this thread based on my call with RunDisney today. I don't know at what point this was effective, but they have done away with deferrals altogether however there are options for people with health/pregnancy complications and/or those whose doctors are concerned about the CDC Warning for the Miami area. I have an appointment with my doctor next week to make our final decisions regarding the race in November since I've had other complications. Apparently all you have to do is email rundisney@disneysports.com and detail your situation and the restrictions your doctor has (no actual doctors note required) and/or their recommendations based on the CDC Warning along with your confirmation numbers and they are reviewing the situations for refunds. Just thought I'd share what I was told today. I haven't done anything about it yet and won't until next week, but wanted to share the change!

Someone on a RD Facebook group mentioned the same thing, but had more details.

He is having brain surgery and provided doctor's confirmation of surgery and prognosis. RD offered to refund him half the cost of his registration, not including Active fees, but in the form of a Disney Gift Card. Sucks that they won't do a direct refund, but there are always ways to get cash value from a gift card.

Anyway. This was for the Disneyland Half, so who knows how things will change going forward.

Someone on a RD Facebook group mentioned the same thing, but had more details.

He is having brain surgery and provided doctor's confirmation of surgery and prognosis. RD offered to refund him half the cost of his registration, not including Active fees, but in the form of a Disney Gift Card. Sucks that they won't do a direct refund, but there are always ways to get cash value from a gift card.

Anyway. This was for the Disneyland Half, so who knows how things will change going forward.

Interesting. The lady gave me the impression that it wouldn't be a big deal and that they should issue a refund. Then again as we've all said the phone support is not always giving out the correct information.

I don't know if any of you listen to Mickey Miles but the podcast just did a show on this subject. It is prerecorded so based on their comments I don't think the "partial refund" news was out yet. There were four guys on this episode and all including host Mike Scopa and Chris Eliopolos ripped into RunDisney for this decision. Brian Marx a Mickey Miler who they had on the show actually talked to a RunDisney executive on the phone and voiced his concerns about plenty of things and the executive said they were working on a replacement to the to the no deferral. Now I don't know if this partial refund is that replacement or if it's temporary. It just seems like this is going to be a mess for RunDisney.

A friend wrote to rD asking for a deferral for Avengers and got a flat 'no' reply. I feel really bad as I was the one encouraging him to sign up telling him that he can always defer and now he's out $300+:mad:

Update: I was issued a full refund for my registration for the 10K and Half Marathon I was scheduled for. My doctor did tell me she doesn't have concerns about me completing the 5K so I kept that registration. Since I'll still be traveling and just unable to race the longer distances, I'll still be picking up my merchandise. They were very nice about it and I encourage anyone that has a medical issue to contact them. It seems like they are responding more positively in more recent weeks probably due to the number of complaints they received about the phase out of deferrals and their strict non refundable policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter