RAPstar's Biggest Orlando Trip EVAR!!!!!!!! **Update: Finished!!**

RAPstar

Proud Redhead
Hello again! I'm Robbie/Andy depending on who you ask.

8df6d7c7.jpg

I have more hair as of right now, this is just the most recent picture of me.

This is my fur-baby, Draco. He plays no part in this trip...well except money saving wise lol, but isn't he adorable?
0954b6dc.jpg

My biggest trip ever, you ask? Yes, yes it is! I'm doing all 4 Disney parks, Sea World, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Halloween Horror Nights and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party all in the coarse of about 10 days. And, as I have done the past 3 years, I'm now starting my TR about a month out from the day I leave, October 1st. Aren't you excited?! I know I am! :rotfl:

Part 1: Robbie done lost his mind!!

Sooooo......the year started off as normal. Me swearing not to go to FL again this year, and to save money :-)rolleyes1). But I also moved in with my current romantic interest. Which is also my first time having my very own apartment and not living with anyone in my family. :woohoo: But......I still need a vacation. But where? About Feb or so I notice that a Broadway musical I fell madly in love with last year is touring! :yay: But its not coming to Dallas. :sad1: But the closest it is coming......is St. Louis. :idea: So I begin madly planning a trip to a city I've never been to. I research, and research and research and then I rested. After resting I researched some more.

All while planning and researching....I start losing interest in St. Louis. Well not loose intrest, just super stressed about going somewhere I've never been, and at that point by myself (Frank wasn't sure he would have been able to make it). And I had also found out that, according to someone in the travel side in our corporate office, since I book hotels and rental cars, I'm technically elegible for a travel agent card. :rolleyes1 So playing around one day I happened upon the travel agent room only discounts for the Disney resort. Hmmmmmm, not bad, I said to myself.

Well, I talked it over with Frank and decided to do one more trip to FL without him, but after it, focusing on doing trips together. But, I've done FL the past four years, what about Disney Land? But if I go to CA, I want to do more than just DL since I've never been that far west. And I don't want to worry about renting a car or anything. Back to FL it is. But then I change my mind again and want to do just Universal. But then no, I want to go to CA. No Disney. No Universal on site. No CA. No FL with both Disney and Universal. Get the picture?

Well, after doing my impression of a see saw....or a chicken with no head, I finally decide to do onsite Universal. But even with the TA discount (which is really amazing, BTW), its still kinda high. But playing around one day I see how much the same dates would be for Pop with the same discount. Wow, that's a really nice price. Plus, I get 2 free 2-day tickets free! And I can use Mears to get back and forth from Disney. Good plan, right? Of course I changed my mind! I was feeling really reluctant about the hassel af getting back and forth. So why not do a couple of days at Disney, then switch to a hotel by Universal and then back to Disney? (among all the other stuff, I stumbled into a single night stay at the Animal Kingdom Villas, in a savannah view studio). So I researched some hotels and found a good rate for the Holiday Inn across the street. Well, I also decided to check Hotwire to see what I could find since I did so well in 09. Not so good this time. Of course its my fault since I really didn't notice that its a 2 star property. I'll be at the Lexington Suites by Universal (ewwwwwwwww).

So hotels all booked, most of my ADR's made (besides some tweakings and time changes) I was ready to wait it out till my trip. And if you believe that, I've got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you! :rotfl: Anywho, since I booked my flight on Southwest, and they don't charge change fees, I'd continually check to see if I could get better flight times or prices or what have you. I happened to notice I could get in a couple days earlier and have an early start on the Disney part of my trip. So I booked, and got 2 days at Pop for a lil over $100 to start my trip. But I checked flights again and could come in a day before that. It would be a late arrival, but that's ok. So I checked for hotels by the airport to see what I could find. And I happened upon a TA rate for the Hyatt in the airport for right about $80. Woo hoo!! :cheer2: Sooo......I tweaked my ADR's again, and rearranged some of my days. And now, finally, I am completely done with my plannings and bookings and ADR's and only have to come up with souvenir and food money! :rolleyes1

Your pre-TR is looking good!

It was pretty much the same for me... hmmm, stay here, stay there, if I stay onsite, should I stay at Disney... :goodvibes

You are doing a lot.... Rambo style trip, just the way I like it. I'll be keeping an eye on your TR!

Cheers!

Marquibiri :thumbsup2

And now, finally, I am completely done with my plannings and bookings and ADR's and only have to come up with souvenir and food money! :rolleyes1

i'm a betting woman, but i wouldn't lay down a $1 on that no matter what odds vegas would book:laughing:<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

andy - im laughing (with you)! You're the only person I know who switches things around more than me...I knew there were others out there.;)

Your pre-TR is looking good!

It was pretty much the same for me... hmmm, stay here, stay there, if I stay onsite, should I stay at Disney... :goodvibes

You are doing a lot.... Rambo style trip, just the way I like it. I'll be keeping an eye on your TR!

Cheers!

I'll be keeping an eye on yours as well! Can't wait to hear about your HHN experience!!

And now, finally, I am completely done with my plannings and bookings and ADR's and only have to come up with souvenir and food money! :rolleyes1

i'm a betting woman, but i wouldn't lay down a $1 on that no matter what odds vegas would book:laughing:<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

andy - im laughing (with you)! You're the only person I know who switches things around more than me...I knew there were others out there.;)

But I am, Janet! I have all the ADR's I like at good times, and I think all of them are places I haven't eaten before. Its really just getting the money together.

One year, I'm going to plan a trip and not change anything and scare all of y'all!! :rotfl: Which if I do a cruise next year may happen.....since there really isn't anything to change that I know of. :confused3

Yay! Another Robbie/Andy TR!! Your trip sounds very similar to ours and it looks we're going to be there some of the same days! We leave Columbus, OH the night of 10/7, will drive through the night and arrive on 10/8. We're doing US, IOA, SW, Aquatica, Wet n Wild, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Spending a week at our timeshare and 2 nights at Caribe Royale.

Am definitely looking forward to following along on your plans! :goodvibes

Yay! Another Robbie/Andy TR!! Your trip sounds very similar to ours and it looks we're going to be there some of the same days! We leave Columbus, OH the night of 10/7, will drive through the night and arrive on 10/8. We're doing US, IOA, SW, Aquatica, Wet n Wild, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Spending a week at our timeshare and 2 nights at Caribe Royale.

Am definitely looking forward to following along on your plans! :goodvibes

Yay! Your trip sounds awesome too! Maybe we'll bump into each other at one pont!

Part 2: Planning makes me happy

So now that I have my itinerary planned out for the most part....I thought I'd share. Cause everyone likes a good itinerary! :goodvibes

Arrival Day
  • Leave Dallas at 3pm
  • Arrive in Houston at 4:05
  • Leave Houston at 4:55
  • Arrive in Orlando at 8:30pm
  • Check into Pop! :-)woohoo: )

Oct. 2
  • Animal Kingdom
  • Tusker House at 11:35pm
  • Nemo at 2pm (?)
  • mini golf (?)

Oct. 3
  • Epcot till 2 or 3
  • DHS for Fantasmic

Oct. 4
  • Check out of Pop
  • hang out at DTD/Disney Quest
  • Garden View Tea Room 3:30pm
  • bus back to Pop to pick up bags, then to DTD
  • Lynx from DTD to Lexington Suites by Universal (yes, I know it will take forever), probably around 2 or 3
  • Lounge about the hotel (unless its disgusting), maybe swim or travel around I-Drive
  • eat somewhere at City Walk
  • Rising Star karaoke

Oct. 5
Sea World :fish:

Oct. 6
  • will probably walk to Universal this morning
  • visit WWOHP
  • do the rest of IOA
  • head over to the studios around 3:30 or 4
  • HHN!!

Oct. 7
  • catch free shuttle from hotel at 8:45a (hopefully)
  • Unmasking the Horror tour at 2pm
  • HHN!

Oct. 8
  • Catch shuttle again
  • take my time exploring either park
  • HHN

Oct. 9
  • will probably walk there again this morning
  • do Potterland again
  • Emeril's CityWalk at 230pm
  • HHN

Oct. 10
  • bus to DTD and take Disney bus to AKV- Kidani
  • explore AKL, swim, probably use my mini golf certificate
  • Sanaa at 1:50pm
  • Fantasia Gardens mini-golf
  • go to Epcot around 5/5:30, watch Illuminations

Oct. 11
  • check bags with bell services
  • MK
  • Crystal Palace 2:15pm
  • MNSSHP :stir:
  • go back to AKV, get bags, ME at 3:30am to MCO (maybe 2:30am if I can swing it, just in case)

Oct. 12
  • leave Orlando at 6:30am
  • arrive Houston 8am
  • leave Houston 9am
  • arrive Dallas at 10am
  • go home

Sounds like an AMAZING trip!!! I look forward to following along in your planning and the trip!

*jealous*

Can't wait to read more about your plans and to see if anything changes along the way!!!

That is so cool that you are doing MNSSHP AND HHN!!!

Sounds like an AMAZING trip!!! I look forward to following along in your planning and the trip!

*jealous*

Can't wait to read more about your plans and to see if anything changes along the way!!!

That is so cool that you are doing MNSSHP AND HHN!!!

I'm not making any changes :rolleyes1 Shhh, I already made a couple of small changes

Now that's what I call an itinerary! :cool1:

I did MNSSHP with HHN last year... What a blast!

HHN21 Pre-Trip Report

This is the first year I'm doing Disney and Universal in the same trip. Well kinda. I did one day at Epcot in 08. In 09 I did Sea World and Universal. I'm excited and slightly stressed trying to get everything done while I'm there. Keep your fingers crossed!!

did i hear a slight whisper of change in the air:laughing:?

cruises are meant for changing things, big & small;). Not sure how it works w/TA rates but unless u book a non-cancellable type (CCL has but still allows changes w/fee) up until final payment date u can switch sail dates, ship, itineraries, etc. So much to do 'free' on the ships it's hard to put a dent in wish list. Add in special dining venues and excursions and it's a planner's delight.

not sure if i'll hit ur days @ MK (considering the entertainment offer buy SeaWorld & get Aquatica free) but will be @ U from the 5th thru the 8th.

did i hear a slight whisper of change in the air:laughing:?

cruises are meant for changing things, big & small;). Not sure how it works w/TA rates but unless u book a non-cancellable type (CCL has but still allows changes w/fee) up until final payment date u can switch sail dates, ship, itineraries, etc. So much to do 'free' on the ships it's hard to put a dent in wish list. Add in special dining venues and excursions and it's a planner's delight.

not sure if i'll hit ur days @ MK (considering the entertainment offer buy SeaWorld & get Aquatica free) but will be @ U from the 5th thru the 8th.

Great, now you tell me! lol I plan on not making any changes once I book a cruise though, hopefully. :rotfl: I'll see you at HHN on the 6th for sure!!

Yes I know ... I'm late to the party :rolleyes1

Its ok, you made it and its all that counts.

Awesome report!! I love it!!! I can't wait to read your entire report when you get back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter