Reach Out And Find Your Happily Ever After! Our Engagement Trip! *updated 1/14* - New TR Link!

Day 11
Thursday 14th February 2019
Part 1 – Last dash to Magic Kingdom

Good morning!
It’s check-out day :sad2:

But it’s also Valentine’s day!
And what a way to wake up on a Valentine’s day… Engaged!
And very hungover.

:sick: :laughing:

(When I told the people at work that we’d gotten engaged, they asked if Jamie proposed on Valentine’s day…
And I said “No… the day before.”
And they were like, “Oh… interesting decision.”)

:rotfl:

We'd done no packing at all so we got up early to do that while Rob and Fran (the sensible ones) went for a last stroll around Epcot.
Their flights were a bit earlier than ours so we said we’d pack up, then meet them back here to wave them off on the Magical Express :sad:

50553532263_8e7202fd7b_b.jpg

Once we were done packing we checked out, left our bags with bell services, and headed into Epcot to meet them on their walk back.

Our swing :goodvibes

50554266511_48cc6d9700_b.jpg

50554266471_0a1f3e66d2_b.jpg

Goodbye to a beautiful day at Epcot :wave:

50554266386_97e975afdb_b.jpg

:lovestruc

50554400302_765e15b152_b.jpg

Beach Club appreciation pics :cloud9:

50554266276_d1f41f13c3_b.jpg

50553531943_ef2b2b354a_b.jpg

50554266116_92f87cec71_b.jpg

50553531733_cd122ef03d_b.jpg

50553531673_78029b1f78_c.jpg

We waited out front with Rob and Fran until their Tragical Express came, and we waved goodbye to our friends.

18yq.gif

See ya real soon!

Jamie and I had a few hours left so we went to Magic Kingdom!
I really wanted to ride Splash Mountain, which we hadn’t done much this trip!
I’m usually a psycho and do all of my favourites multiple times.
:laughing:
They just give me a feeling, you know?!

Obsessed with my ring :love:

50554265866_b5f4c7fc63_b.jpg

Hidden rose gold hearts!

50554409237_400bf3e36a_b.jpg

We arrived at Magic Kingdom at around 12:20pm!
We went in the Emporium because I wanted to buy the wedding Mickey ears, but I didn’t realise how huge they are, and sadly we had nowhere to pack them!
We got a cute picture though :goodvibes

50553531563_40e691951d_c.jpg

Blue skies and sunshine on our last day :goodvibes

50554399667_2512ce3b2c_b.jpg

As we approached Splash Mountain it looked very… Splashy.
The water seemed really high this trip, it was even splashing the spectators on the bridge, which you can see in the picture below!
We’ve never seen that happen before!

50554399602_eda2dfd5ff_b.jpg

We almost aborted mission as we didn’t want to get soaked before our flight, but what a regret that would’ve been.
So we sucked it up!

50554265676_80ac29e3f3_b.jpg

50554399537_bc05c9f139_b.jpg

For the photo, I showed Jamie my ring and he was trying to look surprised :laughing:

50554265521_091473b3cc_c.jpg

Zip-A-Dee Lady? Will you marry me? :laughing:

50553531103_d0ace5031c_b.jpg

Oh also, we got stuck here at the end, nightmare!
(As always I had jumped in the log first to avoid being on the waterfall side :rotfl:)
We’re engaged now so I guess I have to offer up my sweater to try to help my fiancé.
I never would have done that previously.

50554265231_fc92b19cf0_b.jpg

50554265161_0eedf49a02_c.jpg

Next we got lunch at Columbia Harbor House!
I was soooo hungry and the chicken pot pie is one of my favourite quick service meals, so I was happy :goodvibes

50554399052_4a37e22a7e_b.jpg

So good!

We had a last stroll around the park, and it was BUSY.
Look at this line for the People Mover!

50554398992_c862483611_b.jpg

Now it’s time to say goodbye!
We headed up Main Street to leave the park :sad:

50554265036_bd81eae713_b.jpg

50554264971_477f65e0ca_c.jpg

50554264921_6035d4e2c8_b.jpg

I swear EVERY TIME we leave Magic Kingdom on our last day, the Dapper Dans are there to play us out.
And today was no exception :goodvibes

Continue for next post!

Day 11
Thursday 14th February 2019

Part 2 - Travelling home

We got the bus to the Boardwalk and walked back over to the Beach Club, arriving at around 2:30pm.

I’d carried a chocolate marshmallow from Goofy’s around all day which we only just fancied, so we sat outside on a bench to share it.

50553530613_92851bf68a_c.jpg

Unfortunately someone was sat on OUR swing bench :laughing:

50553529418_137a272deb_c.jpg

But they soon moved so we swooped in for a while :goodvibes

50554264846_894307fd20_b.jpg

50553530558_d6dd1b91ae_b.jpg

50554398697_fa13632b89_b.jpg

Wedding!

50554264676_6689a98334_b.jpg

50554264581_04edcc25c2_b.jpg

We visited the Marketplace and used our last few snack credits.
We thought these chocolate bars were great value, and perfect for taking home in your luggage!
Yesterday at Goofy’s we only got peanut butter banana flavour, but at the Marketplace we found dark chocolate strawberry, and waffle cone caramel!
(The dark chocolate strawberry one was my favourite!)

50554398467_22d55141cb_b.jpg

We sat in the lobby for a while before heading outside for our Tragical Express :sad2:

50554398417_db6c76d1b4_b.jpg

50554264411_ebc676ff8d_b.jpg

Our bus pulled up at 3:20pm, and now it was really time to say goodbye :sad:

50554398287_6280a592cb_b.jpg

We set off for the airport, stopping at the Boardwalk and Caribbean Beach, where the construction was really coming along!

50554398247_10013eb055_b.jpg

50554264286_5f08e320a8_b.jpg

50554398142_e59396a9dc_b.jpg

50554398102_07c05c4581_b.jpg

50554264146_73aae49b9b_b.jpg

We arrived at Orlando International Airport at around 4pm and dropped our luggage at the Virgin Atlantic check-in counter.

I was a little worried waiting at the check-in desk, because when we were at the airport hotel the night before our trip we upgraded from economy to premium using our miles, but we hadn’t been able to book seats.
I was worried we wouldn’t be sat together, but when we checked in we were told we were going to be sat together right on the front row, with extra leg room!
Not too shabby!

After check-in we walked around the Disney and Universal stores as always.
Then we went to the food court, where we discovered the ALL DAY MCDONALDS BREAKFAST.
What a concept!
I love McDonalds breakfast but we can only get them before 10:30am at home so it’s very rare that I get one.
I think it’s for the best though I'd be in trouble if I could eat them whenever I wanted :laughing:

I couldn’t resist!
A sausage and egg McMuffin at 4:30pm!
Yum and wow!

50554398062_48f3743f33_c.jpg

After our Maccy’s we went through the loooong security line, then got the fake-o-rail over to our terminal and found our gate.
There was another incredible sunset this evening, everyone was taking pictures at the window!

50554397997_134f20f2bf_b.jpg

50554263981_54abff5e4b_b.jpg

There was also a fun contest going on at our gate.
The Virgin Atlantic staff were getting people up to the microphone to read Valentine’s poems to their loved ones.
There were some hilarious ones :laughing:
And also really sweet ones from older couples who’d been together a really really long time :lovestruc
The staff kept saying there would be prizes for the best poems, so I kept bugging Jamie to go up and do a poem about how we got engaged yesterday, and maybe we’d win an upgrade to Upper Class :lmao:
But ALAS.
We did not want to beg. :laughing:

We were also messaging Rob and Fran, either while they were in the air or during their layover, I’m not sure.
One of our queue games at the parks was to go around in a circle listing “animals beginning with…” or “food items beginning with…” and if you fail you’re out – last man standing.
It often became a bit unruly, with voices being raised under the pressure :lmao:

50554397457_85c8c951b1_c.jpg

50554263526_40ba6b4424_c.jpg

50553529283_f1bd5f1f72_c.jpg

50553529478_8e4b1ede60_c.jpg

It seemed like they’d given up, or gotten busy, until a while later when…

50553529158_11ca7885ba.jpg

We boarded our flight, and the plane took off at around 8pm.
Our front row seats were great!
We synced up our TVs and watched Miss Congeniality together with our free champagne (hearts)

50554263946_24ecb882fd_b.jpg

Fran and I quote this all the time...

2LG1QzD.gif

:rotfl2:

Plane food:

50553529628_7e522c5c98_b.jpg

Not much happened on the flight.
We were flying through the night so we just snoozed a bit.
We landed early the following morning in the U.K., and instead of getting the train home like we’d planned, we just got an (expensive) taxi :laughing:
We both had a bit of headache and just couldn’t cope with sitting on a busy train for an hour or so.
The taxi was a great decision.

When we got home we slept a bit more (I always say I’ll only sleep for around an hour after a night flight, but I always end up sleeping for like four hours and completely ruining my sleep pattern).

I also took a picture of my favourite things that I brought back from Disney :lovestruc

50554263766_4fcbc64b8e_b.jpg

I had really wanted to tell my mum that we were engaged in person when we got home, so she didn’t actually know yet!
But when we got back I learned that she was away with some friends for a few more days, so we decided to just facetime her later this evening.
Her and her friends were very happy and excited for us :goodvibes

And one more thing.
Fran’s birthday was the following month in March, and she really loves jigsaw puzzles, so I had this jigsaw made for her birthday gift!

50554263646_4a94a6d67d_b.jpg

She actually somehow managed to frame it too, so it’s now on her wall!
How cool!

So that’s it for another magical Disney trip!
I’m so happy that we got to spend it with our friends.
We had a great time, and we couldn’t wait to start planning the next one…!

And guess what…
It’s been a gone!
I’ve just started a brand new report for our trip in February 2020!
Yes, right before all hell broke loose :rolleyes2
Our last day there was February 27th, and the park closed on March 16th due to the coronavirus!
We were very lucky to have been some of the last people to experience the parks in their pre-pandemic state.

You can join me over there by clicking this link:

A Spoonful of SUGAR LOAF Helps The Medicine Go Down! – Feb 2020

See ya real soon!

tenor.gif

Last edited:
My whole family have had it! (no hospitalisations), Jamie and I also got really sick, actually as soon as we got home from our Feb 2020 trip to Disney!!!
Oh my gosh! I'm certainly glad there were no hospitalisations.
It was before tests were readily available here but we thought there was a good chance we had it. I completely lost my sense of taste and smell, which has never happened to me before, as far as I've noticed.
And it definitely sounds like you had it.
That makes absolutely zero sense. :laughing:
Well of course... it's a US national pastime.

:rolleyes1
Whaaaat really?! Does that mean places like California Grill were one credit?! Or were they just not included in the plan?
Everywhere was one credit. I think Le Cellier was the first to be 2 credits. I could be wrong.
:laughing: squiffy was the first thing that came to my head, but I don't even think other British people would really know what I meant by that :laughing: I think that's just a Katie thing :flower1:
Now that makes sense. ;)

You are really spoiling us - a cute end to your trip plus a new TR! :thanks:

I love the lobbies of the Beach & Yacht club - they're so beautiful and smell lush.

I love that final picture of your treats and that gorgeous ring!
Sorry to hear you got sick and that your wedding has been delayed :( but here's to a better and brighter end to 2021:flower1:

But it’s also Valentine’s day!
And very hungover.
As any good post-engagement morning should be!

Ha! But it makes sense... Today was a short day, you would have been celebrating on a plane, what fun would that have been.

Almost better! Got the picture for free.

50553529418_137a272deb_c.jpg

But they soon moved so we swooped in for a while :goodvibes
I hope she said no... :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I also took a picture of my favourite things that I brought back from Disney :lovestruc
The best one is right in front! How long did your goodies last you guys? Bringing home massive amount of treats has become a thing for me as well, to kind of keep the magic a little at home.

’ve just started a brand new report for our trip in February 2020!
Yes, right before all hell broke loose :rolleyes2
I am jumping over there now! We were there just before you and I am so thankful we got one last trip in before all of this! I haven't even started it yet, still working on finishing our December trip from 2019! Which sounds sooo long ago now.

It’s check-out day :sad2:
The worst.
:goodvibes:
And very hungover.
Whoops! :laughing:
(When I told the people at work that we’d gotten engaged, they asked if Jamie proposed on Valentine’s day…
:lmao:
Missed it by that much!
We waited out front with Rob and Fran until their Tragical Express came, and we waved goodbye to our friends.
Sad, but... deep down... you were thinking "Thank goodness it's not us."
Come one. Fess up.
I really wanted to ride Splash Mountain, which we hadn’t done much this trip!
I’m usually a psycho and do all of my favourites multiple times.
They just give me a feeling, you know?!
Oh, I know. I know!
Obsessed with my ring :love:
You should be. I really like the two shots you took.
We went in the Emporium because I wanted to buy the wedding Mickey ears, but I didn’t realise how huge they are, and sadly we had nowhere to pack them!
Pro tip. You can wear them on the plane.
The water seemed really high this trip, it was even splashing the spectators on the bridge
Whoa!
I have seen that, but... that looks like a lot more than usual.
For the photo, I showed Jamie my ring and he was trying to look surprised :laughing:
Love it. :)
We’re engaged now so I guess I have to offer up my sweater to try to help my fiancé.
I never would have done that previously.
It's a rule. But once you're married... then it stops.
the chicken pot pie is one of my favourite quick service meals, so I was happy :goodvibes
That looks good. Have to keep that in mind.
Look at this line for the People Mover!
I've noticed that.
Lately there seems to be a line for it almost all the time. Before, it was always a walk on. Wonder what happened??
Holy smokes! :faint:
Unfortunately someone was sat on OUR swing bench :laughing:
You should've pushed them off.
"Ours!!"
We sat in the lobby for a while before heading outside for our Tragical Express :sad2:
If you hadn't gone back in February, it might've been your last trip on it.
when we checked in we were told we were going to be sat together right on the front row, with extra leg room!
Score!
I love McDonalds breakfast but we can only get them before 10:30am at home so it’s very rare that I get one.
We can get it here any time now, but that's a fairly recent development.
They changed it almost exactly two years ago.
A sausage and egg McMuffin at 4:30pm!
Good choice. That's my go-to breakfast sammie at McDonalds, too.
Beautiful, but...
My first thought? "Huh, they're flying on a B747."
The staff kept saying there would be prizes for the best poems, so I kept bugging Jamie to go up and do a poem about how we got engaged yesterday, and maybe we’d win an upgrade to Upper Class :lmao:
But ALAS.
We did not want to beg. :laughing:
That's why there were poems from the oldsters. They've been around long enough to know to beg.
We synced up our TVs and watched Miss Congeniality together with our free champagne (hearts)
Good movie. :)
Fran and I quote this all the time...
:laughing: Possibly the best part of the entire movie.
When we got home we slept a bit more (I always say I’ll only sleep for around an hour after a night flight, but I always end up sleeping for like four hours and completely ruining my sleep pattern).
Jet lag... especially to/from Europe (or anywhere with several hours time change, I guess.)
we decided to just facetime her later this evening.
Her and her friends were very happy and excited for us :goodvibes
:) Did she scream? Or did she say "Well it's about time!" :laughing:
Fran’s birthday was the following month in March, and she really loves jigsaw puzzles, so I had this jigsaw made for her birthday gift!
Very nice and thoughtful gift. :)

Veronica!!!! Aww thank you so much!! Yes I hope you do too, how are things going with your wedding planning??! I'm feeling like it's not been the happy exciting experience that it's supposed to be, more stressful and anxiety-inducing!! But oh well, we'll get there! :hug:

Yeahhhhh it's been WAY more stressful than I had anticipated! Haha! We are planning for November 2021 now!
Just hoping nothing else goes awry :rolleyes: lol
But yes, we WILL definitely get there! I hope everything is going according to plan for your new wedding date! <3

You are really spoiling us - a cute end to your trip plus a new TR! :thanks:

I love the lobbies of the Beach & Yacht club - they're so beautiful and smell lush.

I love that final picture of your treats and that gorgeous ring!
Sorry to hear you got sick and that your wedding has been delayed :( but here's to a better and brighter end to 2021:flower1:

Thank you!! Yes exactly, things seem to be picking up a bit with the vaccine roll-out so that's something!

As any good post-engagement morning should be!

"engaged and hungover" - I could do without the hangover, but yes you're right, good thing we were still engaged at this point...!! :rotfl:

Ha! But it makes sense... Today was a short day, you would have been celebrating on a plane, what fun would that have been.

Definitely!! I much prefer the (vague) memories of Jellyrolls!!

Almost better! Got the picture for free.

True! They're quite big to have as an ornament on display in the house, and I don't think we would ever wear them again if we had bought them :laughing:

I hope she said no... :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Haha! She cracks me up :lmao:

The best one is right in front! How long did your goodies last you guys? Bringing home massive amount of treats has become a thing for me as well, to kind of keep the magic a little at home.

That's why we love it too!! It's like bringing a little piece of Disney home :goodvibes with the amount of snacks we brought home that year I think they lasted us a month or two! popcorn::

I am jumping over there now! We were there just before you and I am so thankful we got one last trip in before all of this! I haven't even started it yet, still working on finishing our December trip from 2019! Which sounds sooo long ago now.

We were so lucky weren't we!! Awesome I'll check out your report! Thanks for following along :hug:

Thanks for sharing your trip report!
It was great to read about your adventures! Jumping in the next one!

Thanks so much for reading! :flower3: see you at the next one!

It was fun reading about your friends trip - especially the engagement part! Linking now to your new TR. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us!

Aw thank you for following along! See you over there! :yay:

And it definitely sounds like you had it.

Right! I really think I did. I've never lost my sense of taste and smell like that with just a common cold before. Weirdly I think I still have symptoms of that a year later, the shampoo and laundry detergent I was using at the time started smelling of cigarettes to me! I had to change them eventually! So strange!

Sad, but... deep down... you were thinking "Thank goodness it's not us."
Come one. Fess up.

Oh yes absolutely, I'll always get the latest possible flight home!

It's a rule. But once you're married... then it stops.

Hahaha true, then we can treat each other like garbage :lmao:

That looks good. Have to keep that in mind.

Chicken pot pie at CHH is one of my fave! You should check it out!

I've noticed that.
Lately there seems to be a line for it almost all the time. Before, it was always a walk on. Wonder what happened??

Yeah what the heckkk? It was always a guaranteed walk-on, which contributed to it being one of my favourites. We would ride it round and round and round without getting off, because there was no one waiting! Hope it gets back to that some day...

We can get it here any time now, but that's a fairly recent development.
They changed it almost exactly two years ago.

Lucky! Although with COVID we've had basically all our local restaurants go delivery only, including McDonalds! So I did order a sausage and egg mcmuffin the other morning! Still before 10:30am, but probably for the best...!

Beautiful, but...
My first thought? "Huh, they're flying on a B747."

omg no why??? Don't tell me they're unsafe you'll freak me out... but also do tell me so I know what to avoid :laughing:

Very nice and thoughtful gift. :)

Thanks! It was fun to get regular updates, usually of individual pieces that had funny faces on printed on them :laughing:

I found your trip reports in late spring/early summer of 2020, and am so happy to have found that you've finished this one and started a new one!! <3

Ahh yes it took a while but I got there!! Yay glad you've found me, I'll see you on the new one! :hug:

What a great departure day. It really was beautiful!

Such a beautiful day! :cloud9: Thanks for reading!

Yeahhhhh it's been WAY more stressful than I had anticipated! Haha! We are planning for November 2021 now!
Just hoping nothing else goes awry :rolleyes: lol
But yes, we WILL definitely get there! I hope everything is going according to plan for your new wedding date! <3

Excellent, end of 2021 has to be ok surely??! I'm optimistic, fingers crossed for us!

Great trip!! Congratulations on the engagement!!! So romantic that you have a special swing!

Thank you!! I know I love that we have a special spot we can go to to relax!
Thanks for reading :flower1:

Right! I really think I did. I've never lost my sense of taste and smell like that with just a common cold before. Weirdly I think I still have symptoms of that a year later, the shampoo and laundry detergent I was using at the time started smelling of cigarettes to me! I had to change them eventually! So strange!
That's really odd! I wish my "nose" for coconut would go away, I'd be okay with that.
Hahaha true, then we can treat each other like garbage :lmao:
:lmao:
Chicken pot pie at CHH is one of my fave! You should check it out!
I will! (If I can remember. :rolleyes:)
Years ago, I was living in dorm-like setting for a few months and the cafeteria... left much to be desired.
Fridays were chicken pot pie day. They basically took all the week's leftovers and baked them in pies. Just awful.
Myself and my friends (about 6? 8?) would each take one and we'd sit down and have a contest. The first person to find an actual piece of chicken in the chicken pot pies would win.
Then we'd go out for wings at a local restaurant.
Yeah what the heckkk? It was always a guaranteed walk-on, which contributed to it being one of my favourites. We would ride it round and round and round without getting off, because there was no one waiting! Hope it gets back to that some day...
I have no idea what is going on. Kinda wishing it wasn't.
Lucky! Although with COVID we've had basically all our local restaurants go delivery only, including McDonalds! So I did order a sausage and egg mcmuffin the other morning! Still before 10:30am, but probably for the best...!
Our fast food places mostly have drive-thru available.
omg no why??? Don't tell me they're unsafe you'll freak me out... but also do tell me so I know what to avoid :laughing:
Oh, no. Good plane. But they're being replaced by other more fuel-efficient craft in most fleets. BAW had already planned to retire them, but covid has accelerated that. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the last time you flew on one. There are no B747s left flying passengers in North America. They are, however used worldwide as cargo aircraft.

I will! (If I can remember. :rolleyes:)
Years ago, I was living in dorm-like setting for a few months and the cafeteria... left much to be desired.
Fridays were chicken pot pie day. They basically took all the week's leftovers and baked them in pies. Just awful.
Myself and my friends (about 6? 8?) would each take one and we'd sit down and have a contest. The first person to find an actual piece of chicken in the chicken pot pies would win.
Then we'd go out for wings at a local restaurant.

Gross! I don't blame you then, that would put me off pie for life! Wings are a much better option.

Our fast food places mostly have drive-thru available.

Oh yes us too, but I'm too lazy to wake up 20 minutes earlier to drive there before work. So I get it delivered to me during work 😆

Oh, no. Good plane. But they're being replaced by other more fuel-efficient craft in most fleets. BAW had already planned to retire them, but covid has accelerated that. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the last time you flew on one. There are no B747s left flying passengers in North America. They are, however used worldwide as cargo aircraft.

Oh no! Thanks for the memories B747! :wave2:

Definitely.
But... I started making them myself a year or so ago.

Yummm!!!!

I've actually never made my own wings before, definitely something I want to do! Any recommendations?!

This was such a fun trip report to read, thanks for sharing! And CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement!!!! How magical.💞

Thanks so much!! It was so magical, and I love that now we have our own little spot at the Beach Club :lovestruc Thanks so much for reading, hope to see you over on the new report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter