Reach Out And Find Your Happily Ever After! Our Engagement Trip! *updated 1/14* - New TR Link!

Wow - what an ending to your fabulous trip! I'm so happy you came back to update. Maybe you'll reveal if you've set a wedding date. Some many things postponed due to the virus. Hope your trip home went well.

So happy you came back to finish this. The last few days were really fun. The proposal was just perfect! So happy for you both. You really celebrated in true Disney Style.

Yay!!! I love your reports and I was thrilled to see an update! Congratulations on your engagement, so exciting!!! I thought my husband was going to propose in Vegas for sure and thought twice during that trip, I bet he’s going to do it here, or now, etc. 2 months later he proposed in my living room, totally unexpected and it was definitely better that way since I had no clue! Congrats again!!

HELLO I'M CRYING!!! Both from laughter and from your touching engagement story!! HUGE congratulations!

Unfortunately we also had to move our wedding to 2021 (May!) so I feel your pain. Here's hoping neither of us have to move it a third time! However we did wind up eloping and accidentally turning our last Disney trip into a honeymoon which I'm writing my first trip report ever about: https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...eport-now-with-selfies.3813361/#post-62320449

Also you four are all just too cute. Also also it's incredibly weird to see photos with crowded parks and no one in masks lol XD

Aren’t those Country Bear Jamboree socks the greatest things you’ve ever seen in your entire life.

They are!

We also had a good laugh at the fact that Rob’s trousers had ripped right on the butt :rotfl2:
Surrounded by fancy people at the California Grill, of all places.

:rotfl:

I turned to him as he was getting down on one knee in the sand, holding the ring box.
He opened it up and asked,
“Will you marry me?”

:sad:

Awww :lovestruc

Congratulations! What a lovely engagement story. Your ring is so pretty:love:

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

How are things with you??!

Mais oui, mademoiselle. Si cela vous amienne du plaisir.

ohh oui oui

If you think you need to be committed, you're probably right.

you are not the first to say this to me :hyper:

A Newf!!! That dog will be bigger than you! :faint:

I know :lmao:the only problem is that they can have problems with their hips, so he might not be very happy in our tall house with steep stairs :sad2: that also doesn't work for my other favourite breed either (corgi) !

What a great idea! I'd have never thought of that. Did you get any comments?

We always seem to get comments when we dress up at Universal!! Mostly with the Hogwarts house outfits, I get a lot of seemingly drunk people going "WOOO HUFFLEPUFF" :lmao:

OMG. That is perfect!

Don't encourage him!!!

I respectfully disagree. Have you never had Brussels sprouts?
Food can definitely be disappointing.

Ha, I like them!! (see earlier comment about being committed)

How was it? Did you feel like hurling afterwards... or during?

It's one of the tamest rides I've ever experienced, I want to know if anyone has ever hurled on/after it!

Why didn't you get it??????????

tenor.gif

Oh, yes. With your strappy sandals and cute necklace and Fran's pink MB and matching shoes.... very menacing. Terrifying.

Hehe, that's what I thought

You guys are batting 1000 here for rides being down.

Since we always seem to be teaching each other new phrases, what on earth does this mean please :laughing:

If it was one leg, then it would be restle leg syndrome.

That looks really good. Yum!

Yum, AND WOW

3_Screen-Shot-2017-07-13-at-11.37.22-PM.png

So... I'm not a tea drinker. Did it taste strongly of tea? Or?

I don't really remember exactly what it tasted like to be honest, I was so full!

Also you're not a tea drinker? You are banned from my country :laughing:

"Creepy tree lady"???????? You take that back! DiVine is a treasure!

Hahaha she sure is interesting.. I just see her and I'm like "..WHY"

(and you can read that as "yes" you must order the bread service, or "yes" you're complete psychopaths. Your choice.)

See brussels sprouts comment

Two very pretty young ladies. :)

Thank you!

What? You didn't? Who even are you?????

I KNOW

That's not where it's supposed to go. At least not at first.

:rotfl2:

That lady is not happy you're taking her photo.

I hadn't even noticed her!! I must look crazy I take pictures of everythingggg

How long did that last you???

a good few months!

I've only done the DDP once. We were all so full at the end of it that just the thought of more food was making me ill. The snack credits went unused.

Yeah for sure, it sometimes feels like there's a pressure to keep eating... like you've got to make the most of it... I like booking signature/2-credit meals so that we're not eating all day every day!

Okay... is this like when you're pulley? What does this mean?????????

Haha yes a gippy tummy is when your stomach feels a bit.. squiffy, you know?! :laughing: like when you feel a bit nauseas because your stomach is churning

Definitely not ugly smiling. You look wonderful!!

Aw thank you! :teeth:

Always wanted to go in there. Looks like so much fun. :)

If we cross paths again we'll go!!

That sounds amazing!!!

It was!! Two of my favourite meals in one day, however I ate a lottt of food!

I am dreaming of this now! So good.

Isn't it the best! I need to get back just for that bread service :lovestruc

Sounds perfect afternoon for both the boys and the girls

Correct! They're such good sports at getting into the Disney spirit, we can give them a bit of time to watch the football!

Oh man! I can't imagine being just a little disapointed.

I'd dropped enough hints ("when are we getting marrieddd??? :hyper:") :rotfl:

How nice! You can alwasy have a nice little moment whenever you guys come

I know! I love that! We went back and sat on our swing the next day before we headed to the airport :lovestruc

Congrats again!

Thanks so much! :hug:

What a lovely engagement story! I first read "Dumbo" Pandora charm as "Dumb" Pandora charm and I thought, has she seen that Saturday Night Live sketch too? (Don't think I can post the link, but it's pretty funny if you want to give it a google).

Thank you! Oh no I haven't we don't really have SNL here in the UK! I tried googling a few phrases but I can't find what you're referring to! How do I find this?! :goodvibes

Awwww! I love your engagement story! Congrats and thanks so much for sharing! Beach Club swings will always have a special place in your heart ❤

Thank you! I know it's so nice, we can take a nice swing break whenever we're at Epcot and it will be so meaningful :lovestruc

Katie!! Your TRs always make me laugh! So happy you're back to finish this one out.

What a sweet engagement story!! Congratulations to you two!

Ahh thanks so much Lindsey!! I know sorry I'm awful at dropping off the grid sometimes! But I definitely needed to come back and finish this one, I need the memories!!

Yay! :dogdance:

So nice to catch up on your trip report!

Congratulations on your engagement :love:

Thanks so much! And thank you for reading :hug:

Wow - what an ending to your fabulous trip! I'm so happy you came back to update. Maybe you'll reveal if you've set a wedding date. Some many things postponed due to the virus. Hope your trip home went well.

I know right! Yes I've actually got another trip report to start where I was going to post this, but I can tell you here too - we were booked in for September 6th 2020 but sadly we did have to postpone until August 2021. They're capping wedding guests at 10/15/20/30 (depending on the time and where you are, it's currently 30 where we're getting married in Edinburgh I think) and we have around 100 guests, so I'd rather postpone it, and hopefully have the wedding how we imagined it with all of our friends and family!! Fingers crossed!!

Just got all caught up! Congratulations to you both :)

Thanks so much!

Loved reading your trip report - what fun! Congratulations on your engagement!

Thank you, and thanks for reading!

So happy you came back to finish this. The last few days were really fun. The proposal was just perfect! So happy for you both. You really celebrated in true Disney Style.

Jamie has been like "have you written about how I proposed yet? WHAT? You have to!!!" :rotfl: I was always going to finish it, I love having these memories to cherish :goodvibes

Thanks so much for reading!!

Yay!!! I love your reports and I was thrilled to see an update! Congratulations on your engagement, so exciting!!! I thought my husband was going to propose in Vegas for sure and thought twice during that trip, I bet he’s going to do it here, or now, etc. 2 months later he proposed in my living room, totally unexpected and it was definitely better that way since I had no clue! Congrats again!!

Ahh thanks so much! :hug: Haha I was the same as your Vegas trip, but throughout my 2018 trip that I wrote about :rotfl:and other trips we took that year. Us girls get to a point where we become impatient!! I love that yours was a complete surprise in the end, I bet your reaction was very genuine and special!

HELLO I'M CRYING!!! Both from laughter and from your touching engagement story!! HUGE congratulations!

Unfortunately we also had to move our wedding to 2021 (May!) so I feel your pain. Here's hoping neither of us have to move it a third time! However we did wind up eloping and accidentally turning our last Disney trip into a honeymoon which I'm writing my first trip report ever about: https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...eport-now-with-selfies.3813361/#post-62320449

Also you four are all just too cute. Also also it's incredibly weird to see photos with crowded parks and no one in masks lol XD

Ahhh hahaha thank you so much!! :hug:

So sorry you had to move your wedding, we had a bit of nightmare trying to move all of our vendors over to a new date (band, pianist, photographer, florist, cake etc etc etc) - hope you didn't have too bad a time!? At least our 2021 weddings will hopefully be just like what we've been dreaming of! I hope you're feeling optimistic now that vaccines are being rolled out, I'm definitely feeling better about things :goodvibes fingers crossed for us!!

Yay for writing a trip report and thanks for posting! I'll join you over there!

I know, we were also there in mid-late Feb this year right before the pandemic hit, we must've been some of the last to experience the parks in their "normal" state!

Finally got caught up. Congratulations!

Thank you! And thanks for reading!

They are!

I've worn those Country Bear socks too much they've almost gotten holes in them :sad2: I need to go back and buy more!

:lovestruc thanks for reading!! :hug:

Congrats on the engagement! I love the way Jamie did it and the card your friends got you is amazing!

Aww thank you! I know I did too, and I appreciate his foresight with not wanting to take the ring through the metal detectors at the front of the parks! I wonder if anyone has had their plans busted because of that?! :ssst:

What a sweet proposal! I love that it was intimate and in a now-special place.

I know I love that about it too! We went back the following day when we were waiting for DME, and we also went back on our next trip (which I'm about to write about!) It's definitely going to be our special spot when we need a break from Epcot!

How are things with you??!
Pretty good. Haven't gotten Covid yet, so...

I think that's the yardstick for the year.
ohh oui oui
:laughing:
you are not the first to say this to me :hyper:
Sooooo not surprised. ;)
I know :lmao:the only problem is that they can have problems with their hips, so he might not be very happy in our tall house with steep stairs :sad2: that also doesn't work for my other favourite breed either (corgi) !
Whoa. Quite the study in contrasts.
We always seem to get comments when we dress up at Universal!! Mostly with the Hogwarts house outfits, I get a lot of seemingly drunk people going "WOOO HUFFLEPUFF" :lmao:
Don't encourage him!!!
Whoops! Sorry.
Terrible. Absolutely terrible.

(better?)
Ha, I like them!! (see earlier comment about being committed)
:sad2:
It's one of the tamest rides I've ever experienced, I want to know if anyone has ever hurled on/after it!
Huh. Guess I'll have to try it. I've heard the commentary is pretty funny.
That would explain it.
Since we always seem to be teaching each other new phrases, what on earth does this mean please :laughing:
It's a baseball reference. A batter's hitting average is for some reason given an extra zero. Like... if a batter hits 1/3 of the time he bats, his average isn't 33.3% but 333. I have no idea why. I presume the same reason people in the US use Fahrenheit.
Anyway, if you hit 100%, you're "batting 1000".
Also you're not a tea drinker? You are banned from my country :laughing:
That is correct.
There was a line...
"Tea drinker?" "Yes." "Alright, you can stay."
"Tea drinker?" Me: "No." "What? Off to the colonies with you!"

It was very traumatic.
I had to leave my corgi and newfoundlander behind.

Hahaha she sure is interesting.. I just see her and I'm like "..WHY"
Simple answer.

"BECAUSE!!"
I hadn't even noticed her!! I must look crazy I take pictures of everythingggg
Yeah for sure, it sometimes feels like there's a pressure to keep eating... like you've got to make the most of it... I like booking signature/2-credit meals so that we're not eating all day every day!
There were no such things as 2-credit meals when I did it.
So you just ate.... all the time.
Haha yes a gippy tummy is when your stomach feels a bit.. squiffy, you know?! :laughing: like when you feel a bit nauseas because your stomach is churning
squiffy...
Thank goodness you kept the explanation going.
If we cross paths again we'll go!!
Yes please!

Katie! I have missed seeing your posts so much my friend! I was so happy to get the alert that you'd updated this TR - absolutely loved reading about you and Hy-mee's engagement! You two are the cutest! I hope you have the wedding of your dreams after the train wreck that was 2020 haha
And I hope you get to be back in Disney soon! :love:

Pretty good. Haven't gotten Covid yet, so...

I think that's the yardstick for the year.

Lucky you! My whole family have had it! (no hospitalisations), Jamie and I also got really sick, actually as soon as we got home from our Feb 2020 trip to Disney!!! It was before tests were readily available here but we thought there was a good chance we had it. I completely lost my sense of taste and smell, which has never happened to me before, as far as I've noticed.

It's a baseball reference. A batter's hitting average is for some reason given an extra zero. Like... if a batter hits 1/3 of the time he bats, his average isn't 33.3% but 333. I have no idea why. I presume the same reason people in the US use Fahrenheit.
Anyway, if you hit 100%, you're "batting 1000".

That makes absolutely zero sense. :laughing:

That is correct.
There was a line...
"Tea drinker?" Me: "No." "What? Off to the colonies with you!"

It was very traumatic.
I had to leave my corgi and newfoundlander behind.

Simple answer.

"BECAUSE!!"

THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!

tenor.gif

There were no such things as 2-credit meals when I did it.
So you just ate.... all the time.

Whaaaat really?! Does that mean places like California Grill were one credit?! Or were they just not included in the plan?

squiffy...
Thank goodness you kept the explanation going.

:laughing: squiffy was the first thing that came to my head, but I don't even think other British people would really know what I meant by that :laughing: I think that's just a Katie thing :flower1:

Katie! I have missed seeing your posts so much my friend! I was so happy to get the alert that you'd updated this TR - absolutely loved reading about you and Hy-mee's engagement! You two are the cutest! I hope you have the wedding of your dreams after the train wreck that was 2020 haha
And I hope you get to be back in Disney soon! :love:

Veronica!!!! Aww thank you so much!! Yes I hope you do too, how are things going with your wedding planning??! I'm feeling like it's not been the happy exciting experience that it's supposed to be, more stressful and anxiety-inducing!! But oh well, we'll get there! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter