• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to DHS from Pop on 1/8 and 1/11. Both days we left our room in the 80s section at about 5:50 for a 7:00 opening, taking the shortcut through the parking lot toward the bus stop. Each time, we waited just a couple minutes for a bus.

How are the buses around 6 AM? We are going from POP on 1/26 and SSR on 1/31. Willing to take a Lyft, but would prefer a bus (I’ve heard sometimes the Lyft doesn’t show, or the driver misses a turn).

Don’t care about RD, but really want to get BG for RotR.

Suggestions?

Ok y’all here is my summary of today and takeaways... Day 2 of HS..

1. we scheduled a specific pickup time for Uber at 5:45am - we don’t use ride share often so we didn’t know about this option. This is why we got bounced around for 45mins last time.
1.A. Speaking of Uber, the driver said that 5:45 is the most busiest and most requested time slot (at the moment the park opens at 7am)
2. Got to HS at 6 sharp! Got through security and then came the wait.
3. At 6:15ish, they opened the tapstiles. I know it was early cause I was anticipating 6:25
4. We stayed right, but not to the right most tap stile. I think my “beginners luck” husband (got BG 10 on MLK Sunday) fancies himself an expert now 😆
4.A. Just to prove he was wrong, I kept my eye on a lady who DID stay right. I figured when she gets into the park before us, I’ll have my “I told you so, don’t question my disboards knowledge”.... we got into the park exactly the same time - dang it 🤣
4.B. We did do fingerprints this time, so that caused some backup
5. We decided to rope drop RnR, side note, man people be crazy with the “I’m just hanging out near the fast food areas but boy can grandma run” attitude.
6. interesting note, we were at the front of the line on Sunset, in line with the fair fax fare I believe. From 6:30-6:50, WiFi was nice and strong, and then boom, I get disconnected and connection is spotty.
7. Announcement comes up on load speaker, we ignore it at usual and focus on the clock ticking
8. 7am comes along, both of us are using Samsung galaxy s9+ on Verizon, data. We are using the same login for the MDE app. I launch app, and toggle between find out more and seeing if the join boarding group will change color.. it finally done after a couple back/forth.. I click on and and my husband says I’m in, and got it. BG 15!!!
So of course, he is the hero again!
next comes the looooooooooooooong wait for the group to get called. We couldn’t feel comfortable enough to leave the park and return to the hotel. So we hang about, and do other things.
Finally at some time after 2, we get the notification to come. I don’t know how many groups are ahead of us, and based on the theory that a group contains 100 people, I figured everyone would be anxiously waiting to get their ride done and move on with their day.
And based on this board (thanks guys 🌷 ), I informed my skeptical family that we should hustle cause people can also get notifications and the wait can be long. My husband didn’t think that would be the case and thought I was over reacting. But we hustle there, had a great time, we literally walked into the experience. No wait time at all. Saw 1 part that didn’t appear on our day 1 experience. So of course I came out as a neurotic person that thinks the worst scenario...but we have a great time etc..
.. cut to 6pm and as we walk by the area, we see the line completely full and clearly will take hours... finally I heard the “wow, you were so right”.. yes!! 🙌

takaways - we have a third HS day later this week, I wonder if we should come back to HS or change plans and go to another park. We love the rides in HS but with the volume of people coming, there are such long waits, makes me wonder if it will be worth it....🤔

I think I must be the only person on the planet that hopes it stays 9:00 AM. We are getting off a cruise on Saturday Feb 8 and was hoping that if we can get in the park by 9:30 I might have a fighting chance at a backup BG. If it opens at 7:00 we have no shot.
I hear you. We are also on a cruise stop Jan 28 arriving in port at 6am

Random Thought: What is the impact of multiple attempts to secure a BG from the same account, those 'practicing' how to joining a BG at the same time, guest starting the process but fail to complete correctly, CMs trying to secure, etc. all at 7 AM ET? Maybe it explains some randomness in the securing of BGs if the system 'holds' those (similar to FPs) until the server request times out. Hmmmm.

Anyways, back to Lurking and reading every single post until July.

Last edited:
Random Thought: What is the impact of multiple attempts to secure a BG from the same account and those from outside the park with the same account helping to secure a BG, + plus those 'practicing' how to joining a BG at the same time, all at 7 AM ET? Maybe it explains some randomness in the securing of BGs if the system 'holds' those (similar to FPs) until the server request times out. Hmmmm.

Anyways, back to Lurking and reading every single post until July.

I think the randomness is just thousands of people accessing the VQ at almost the exact same time. So if the person beside you got BG 15 and you got 70, they really did get in slightly faster.

When they slowed people joining by allowing it as soon as you passed through the tapstiles, there wasn’t randomness to the same degree.

How do you know what “official” Disney time is, I.e., when the boarding groups open up? Is it nearly in sync with your phone’s time? Perhaps that slight variations may explain why some people appear to be getting in a few seconds “early” or “late” than what their phones say.

Ok y’all here is my summary of today and takeaways... Day 2 of HS..

1. we scheduled a specific pickup time for Uber at 5:45am - we don’t use ride share often so we didn’t know about this option. This is why we got bounced around for 45mins last time.
1.A. Speaking of Uber, the driver said that 5:45 is the most busiest and most requested time slot (at the moment the park opens at 7am)
2. Got to HS at 6 sharp! Got through security and then came the wait.
3. At 6:15ish, they opened the tapstiles. I know it was early cause I was anticipating 6:25
4. We stayed right, but not to the right most tap stile. I think my “beginners luck” husband (got BG 10 on MLK Sunday) fancies himself an expert now 😆
4.A. Just to prove he was wrong, I kept my eye on a lady who DID stay right. I figured when she gets into the park before us, I’ll have my “I told you so, don’t question my disboards knowledge”.... we got into the park exactly the same time - dang it 🤣
4.B. We did do fingerprints this time, so that caused some backup
5. We decided to rope drop RnR, side note, man people be crazy with the “I’m just hanging out near the fast food areas but boy can grandma run” attitude.
6. interesting note, we were at the front of the line on Sunset, in line with the fair fax fare I believe. From 6:30-6:50, WiFi was nice and strong, and then boom, I get disconnected and connection is spotty.
7. Announcement comes up on load speaker, we ignore it at usual and focus on the clock ticking
8. 7am comes along, both of us are using Samsung galaxy s9+ on Verizon, data. We are using the same login for the MDE app. I launch app, and toggle between find out more and seeing if the join boarding group will change color.. it finally done after a couple back/forth.. I click on and and my husband says I’m in, and got it. BG 15!!!
So of course, he is the hero again!
next comes the looooooooooooooong wait for the group to get called. We couldn’t feel comfortable enough to leave the park and return to the hotel. So we hang about, and do other things.
Finally at some time after 2, we get the notification to come. I don’t know how many groups are ahead of us, and based on the theory that a group contains 100 people, I figured everyone would be anxiously waiting to get their ride done and move on with their day.
And based on this board (thanks guys 🌷 ), I informed my skeptical family that we should hustle cause people can also get notifications and the wait can be long. My husband didn’t think that would be the case and thought I was over reacting. But we hustle there, had a great time, we literally walked into the experience. No wait time at all. Saw 1 part that didn’t appear on our day 1 experience. So of course I came out as a neurotic person that thinks the worst scenario...but we have a great time etc..
.. cut to 6pm and as we walk by the area, we see the line completely full and clearly will take hours... finally I heard the “wow, you were so right”.. yes!! 🙌

takaways - we have a third HS day later this week, I wonder if we should come back to HS or change plans and go to another park. We love the rides in HS but with the volume of people coming, there are such long waits, makes me wonder if it will be worth it....🤔
What do you mean stay right?

Hoping! We arrive on the 2nd...MCO at 9:15. No HS plans that day, for sure. But come on, 3rd or 4th or 5th!!! 😁 I am obsessively stalking the park hours...as if I have no job to do or life to live...mercy!

Haha!! Who you telling?! We go on the 3rd, and I'm so obsessive my husband, who isn't going, keeps asking me for updates 😂.

For those driving in, how much time do you allot for parking and bag check? We are staying at Bonnet Creek and if we can't secure a SDD fastpass once hours open up( the only ride my 5 year old has requested) that's where we are headed after hopefully securing a BG.

This thread is absolutely amazing! Thanks for everyone's input and knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter