READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question about getting a BG. It says on the second post that you can enter the park and get a BG and then leave until time to ride. But can you enter the park before BGs are released (at park opening time), go to another park, and still get a BG since you did enter HS (so for example maybe you enter HS at 6:30 with a. 7:00 opening and then exit and then someone picks you up and drops you off at AK which has a 7:00 EMH. Even though you’re at AK can you still get a BG?)?
There are lots of reports of folks being able to get a BG after leaving the park. Not sure it would work if you have tapped into another park, though.
A few people have asked about this but I haven't seen anyone report back on actually trying it. My personal opinion is that it should work based on the fact that you have tapped into DHS (which is the basic requirement for getting a BG). I doubt DIsney technology is advanced enough to a) recognize you've tapped into another park AND b) actually use that info to prevent BG access.

I was doing the wait til exactly 7 method and hubby was refreshing and he got BG 35 at 6:59:30
This is the first I can remember of hearing about BG opening early since they moved it to park opening. I don’t know if I like it, waiting to hit learn more at exactly 7 has been working for me at home, refreshing over and over early just gives the app more chances to get stuck on the circle of doom when I hit refresh.

How exactly are you going about refreshing? Toggling between the home button at the bottom and the Find Out More button? Or is there some way to refresh without leaving the ROTR screen?

Its pretty unbelievable that they would set expectations that BG's would open at 7am and then just randomly one day open it early. Especially when the BG's have the potential of being taken so quickly.

If I were there expecting it to start at 7 and then missed out because it went two minutes early, I'd be really pissed.

A few people have asked about this but I haven't seen anyone report back on actually trying it. My personal opinion is that it should work based on the fact that you have tapped into DHS (which is the basic requirement for getting a BG). I doubt DIsney technology is advanced enough to a) recognize you've tapped into another park AND b) actually use that info to prevent BG access.

Have there even been any other parks open at 7am? Even if there are, or if they ever actually move back the DHS opening time, I don't think I would risk tapping in at another park - I would assume that would tell the system I'm no longer at DHS until it was confirmed one way or another. To me, that's just too much of a risk after putting in all that effort to get there early.

Its pretty unbelievable that they would set expectations that BG's would open at 7am and then just randomly one day open it early. Especially when the BG's have the potential of being taken so quickly.

If I were there expecting it to start at 7 and then missed out because it went two minutes early, I'd be really pissed.

Me too! I would be so frustrated.

Also, I can’t figure out why the FP changes are happening after Pres. Day weekend. I am a little bummed about that. I would think the new FP tiers would help to manage the holiday crowd. My only thought is maybe they will extend the early openings until Feb 18, but from Feb 19 on they are trying to go back to 9 am openings???

Have there even been any other parks open at 7am? Even if there are, or if they ever actually move back the DHS opening time, I don't think I would risk tapping in at another park - I would assume that would tell the system I'm no longer at DHS until it was confirmed one way or another. To me, that's just too much of a risk after putting in all that effort to get there early.
True, I wouldn't try it on my first/only day to ride ROTR, but if I'd already ridden it and it fit in better with my plans to be at another park...I would chance it.

Me too! I would be so frustrated.

Also, I can’t figure out why the FP changes are happening after Pres. Day weekend. I am a little bummed about that. I would think the new FP tiers would help to manage the holiday crowd. My only thought is maybe they will extend the early openings until Feb 18, but from Feb 19 on they are trying to go back to 9 am openings???

That is my hope as well and trying to stay on top of news today to see if they extend hours for when we are there on Presidents day

How exactly are you going about refreshing? Toggling between the home button at the bottom and the Find Out More button? Or is there some way to refresh without leaving the ROTR screen?
When I do it I just go back and forth between my status, find out more, and the main app page. I don’t plan to go all of the way out of the app, because occasionally it will give me a surprise and log me out, and I don’t want to have to log in again when I’m actually trying for the real thing. At home it goes fast, but it’s just me on our WiFi, I’m not in a big crowd all using the same WiFi or towers. I actually haven’t tried refreshing the page without toggling back and forth, I’ll have to take a look and see how to do it just to know just in case!

Quick question about getting a BG. It says on the second post that you can enter the park and get a BG and then leave until time to ride. But can you enter the park before BGs are released (at park opening time), go to another park, and still get a BG since you did enter HS (so for example maybe you enter HS at 6:30 with a. 7:00 opening and then exit and then someone picks you up and drops you off at AK which has a 7:00 EMH. Even though you’re at AK can you still get a BG?)?

There were several data points around the various holidays as other parks opened before DHS with their EMHs. See for example:
I did this with my friend yesterday, lol.

Walk into Hollywood (got into gates at around 6:40), turn around right to the exit, drive and park at AK, we were OUT of flight of passage at 8AM. They opened it early for us. As we walked in, we both looked and managed to get 40 (I looked exactly 5 seconds after 7).

It worked amazingly. If you’ve done DHS already on your trip, definitely swing in and out if you don’t mind getting up earlier.

for you and others who were in the park, did they make the announcement that bg were open prior to 7am?
The announcement started before 7:00. But the exact language of the announcement doesn’t say that boarding groups are open. It says that you must get a boarding group to ride the ride. (And that it only applies to that ride). This was our first day in the park at that time of day, so I suspect it’s the same announcement every day. So if you were familiar with the announcement and what it meant then you likely would have known that BGs were open.

I wanted confirmation and as you can read from the post above they make an announcement in park about the bg. People have been reporting this announcement is made prior to 7am. It looks like today they just actually opened it at the announcement time

It looks like today they just actually opened it at the announcement time

Which is kind of frustrating, right? Even if you're standing there and hear an announcement, according to reports it doesn't say that BG's are now open, just generally states that you'll need a BG. Hopefully this was just some weird error.

Its hard to imagine that this isn't an automated thing within Disney IT that just kicks off exactly at 7am. If there's someone at Disney sitting down at a desk and "turning on" the BG groups every morning then they really need to improve their processes.

for you and others who were in the park, did they make the announcement that bg were open prior to 7am?

They did the regular canned message about needing a boarding group. They did it about every 5 to 10 minutes or so. I cant say for sure but I think boarding groups open when they make the announcement at 7. Yesterday they did the announcement right at 7. Today they did it early. Like 659 or 658. We got on the app but couldnt access the join boarding group button but others around us were cheering. People next to us got bg12. Maybe wifi vs network made a difference. Dont know. We were on wifi and struggled today but yesterday had no issues.

Which is kind of frustrating, right? Even if you're standing there and hear an announcement, according to reports it doesn't say that BG's are now open, just generally states that you'll need a BG. Hopefully this was just some weird error.

Its hard to imagine that this isn't an automated thing within Disney IT that just kicks off exactly at 7am. If there's someone at Disney sitting down at a desk and "turning on" the BG groups every morning then they really need to improve their processes.
I do think it's automated not an actual person hitting a button
I wouldn't get frustrated over it unless they did it way before scheduled opening time, which is what happened that one day of morning EMH, when they said they would open at one time and ended up opening like 30 minutes before.
You know you have to be in the park, so hopefully people are inside at least 5 minutes before, and then just play the refresh game, if more than one of you has a phone try different strategies on each phone, it really isn't such a hassle as some have said it to be, it is nerve wrecking obviously, but all you need to do is be in the park before park opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter