• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming you have 2 people with bags.
Person 1 goes through no-bag line while person 2 waits in security line with bags.
Person 1 finished security and taps into the park. Person 1 turns around and exits and meets up with Person 2 in security line. Person 1 takes the bags and proceeds to wait in the security line while Person 2 then goes through the no-bag line and then through to tap into the park. Even if Person 1 isn't through security yet again at park open, they have already tapped into the park that day so they should be eligible to join a BG.

Sneaky. I love it...

I've been reading this post since the beginning. Thanks to all for great information! My experience this morning ...

A bus was waiting at Pop when we walked out at 5:55am. That one filled but he called for another for those left behind. (not us). Arrived at the park around 6:10 and through bag line very quickly. Park opened around 6:20. We stayed to the right and got through quickly. We went to rope drop RnRC. On Verizon, Samsung Note 10 Plus (turning off any power saving modes) already in the app. I had to hit boarding group and back out twice before it turned red after 7am. Two of us and we got boarding group 12. The family beside us had to add a few people when choosing a boarding group and they got group 67 a few seconds after me. We rode RnRC and we're off by 7:20. Our boarding group had already been called. We went straight to the ride and were off by 7:45 or so. Great morning! This was our Epcot day but we wanted to try for a boarding group twice on our trip just in case of problems. It couldn't have worked out better for us this morning. Thanks for all the information and advice!

I know we should never "assume" BUT - are we assuming running out of BG's within minutes is due to the end of MLK crowds? There are reports up thread the park is busy today. I arrive on Tuesday and am really hoping this doesn't happen next week, even with a smaller number of guaranteed BG's being distributed.

I know we should never "assume" BUT - are we assuming running out of BG's within minutes is due to the end of MLK crowds? There are reports up thread the park is busy today. I arrive on Tuesday and am really hoping this doesn't happen next week, even with a smaller number of guaranteed BG's being distributed.
I think (no one here really knows) that the BG numbers are smaller than before because Disney doesn't want to do any additional guest recovery in the form of a one day ticket plus fp. Today lots of people reported it was busy, yesterday people reported the app opened before 7am to allow people to join, the day before I believe "regular" bg went only to like 80.
But if you look at the chart you can see that since it opened it has only had 3 real days of serious problems, so as long as you are in the park before opening and join a BG at opening time you should most likely ride that day

Made it to merge. It’s going to be under an hour all in even with 2/3 of the outside queue being used.

I would not assume that. Parks are still busy. I’ll be surprised if BGs take more than a minute or 2 to fill for the foreseeable future.

I think reducing number of Main BGs and also now a Saturday so more locals can come over a try and not have to worry about going to work / BG time conflicting

If you are using data, is there a better area to be in the park? Is it better to be away from a crowd of people? Also, are cast members stationed in certain places or is it random? Thank you guys! I love this thread.

Until any changes are made (once MMRR opens in March?), I think if BGs last longer it'll only be by a matter of minutes. It's likely to still be that reg BGs are gone 1-9 mins, and BackUp BGs end at 20mins-2hrs after park open.

The brightside is as long as you're in HS at park open, you should end up with a BG or low enough number BackUp BG that's still likely to ride.

Advice to my friends planning to visit: Make sure you're in the park before 7am. And don't cut it so close that one small hang up has you arrive at 7:20a (or 20mins after open). Treat it like a job interview, lol.

Until any changes are made (once MMRR opens in March?), I think if BGs last longer it'll only be by a matter of minutes. It's likely to still be that reg BGs are gone 1-9 mins, and BackUp BGs end at 20mins-2hrs after park open.

The brightside is as long as you're in HS at park open, you should end up with a BG or low enough number BackUp BG that's still likely to ride.

Advice to my friends planning to visit: Make sure you're in the park before 7am. And don't cut it so close that one small hang up has you arrive at 7:20a (or 20mins after open). Treat it like a job interview, lol.
Haha. For real! DH is already in disbelief at all the hoops we have to jump through to see all of GE. But it's all gonna be worth it, especially to see the looks on our DD's faces when we tell them (in 3 days) that we are going to WDW. We have multiple contingency plans on how to get there before 6:30am. Man, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself after this trip is over!

Haha. For real! DH is already in disbelief at all the hoops we have to jump through to see all of GE. But it's all gonna be worth it, especially to see the looks on our DD's faces when we tell them (in 3 days) that we are going to WDW. We have multiple contingency plans on how to get there before 6:30am. Man, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself after this trip is over!
Don't think of it as jumping through hoops. All you need to do is get to the park before opening and open the app at opening, that's it. When you think of it that way it will take some of the stress off

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter