READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is permanent and strictly enforced, the change to one hour is pretty significant. It really forces you to stay at or near DHS if your BG is at all close to being called. There is still a lot of flexibility since you can assume that, even with no breakdowns or delays, they probably won’t call more than about 12 BGs in an hour. But, you’ll have to be more careful about hopping to another park (except maybe Epcot).

Anyone know when BG 100 was called yesterday? Because I am AWFUL at this stuff! I'm supposed to he at MK but decided i wanted to try one more time. Yes the teen next to me got 14 and my button would be ot turn red with all the refreshing and toggling I could do. Thanks if anyone can give me hope.

You can use the BGs/hour in the chart as a guide but generally they are doing 10-14 BGs and hour depending on downtime

They started at BG 10 so you need them to get through 90 which should take like 8 hours or so assuming no major downtime. So probably around 3 or 4 pm

I see two things with only an hour to get back:

1. You can still park hop, but you'll need to keep an eye on the app and begin making your way back when they get about 10-15 groups away from your number (assuming the groups called per hour stays around 10).

2. This allows them to call more groups at the end of the day. They had been stopping around 2 hours before park closing time. Now they can call another 10 or more groups each day. That should allow backups to remain open longer in the morning, too.

Man. That’s a bad change. An hour (when it also takes an hour to get through the ride when you are called) seems a lot more likely to conflict with other plans, like ADRs.

That is a good point - even if in DHS if you BG comes up right at the start of a sit down meal or what if it gets called like 20-30 minutes before your Savi reservation? Or Oga's?

Hopefully they will continue to be understanding and move reservations or something

Man Disney, just when we think we have the answer you go and change the question

That is a good point - even if in DHS if you BG comes up right at the start of a sit down meal or what if it gets called like 20-30 minutes before your Savi reservation? Or Oga's?

Hopefully they will continue to be understanding and move reservations or something

Man Disney, just when we think we have the answer you go and change the question
Yes the cm are aware that people will be showing up late to reservations, it impacts the whole park, no fun for guests or front of the line cm

You can use the BGs/hour in the chart as a guide but generally they are doing 10-14 BGs and hour depending on downtime

They started at BG 10 so you need them to get through 90 which should take like 8 hours or so assuming no major downtime. So probably around 3 or 4 pm
Yesterday I had 89. I was called just after 1pm and there has been some downtime.

Yes the cm are aware that people will be showing up late to reservations, it impacts the whole park, no fun for guests or front of the line cm

All off this is going to increase the impact for people not riding it.RD is already a mess. More people are going to stay in the park so it’s going to be crowded all morning. And if they are trying to accommodate people who are late for ADRs those waits are going to go up too.
It felt like they had a pretty good thing going. If they wanted to call more at night they could just give those a 1 hour return time. I wonder what problem this is fixing.

Last edited:
Maybe they are trying to reduce the number of people who come to dhs just to get a bg and then leave. Perhaps they want to push people to only ride on a day when they plan to stay at the park. If that is the end result (after a few days, anyway), it could reduce the number of people there at 7. Also, as I said earlier, it does allow them to get through a few more groups each day.

So the GET CM that told the PP to check their app, it could be 1 hour or could be 2 hours - we think that GET CM was just misinformed? Made something up?

I could get comfortable with a system where early # BGs had a one hour window and later # BGs had two hours. As someone who had a high / late day Backup BG, I appreciated the flexibility 2 hours allowed to go about the rest of the day.

I just don't understand this change
I think they want to discourage people from going to HS every morning to get a BG.

As an example, we typically go for two weeks. We would plan to go most mornings to get a BG with a two hour window to get back. Now we’ll do it on fewer days so that it doesn’t impact important ADR’s or Fp’s we may have on particular days.

I think they want to discourage people from going to HS every morning to get a BG.

As an example, we typically go for two weeks. We would plan to go most mornings to get a BG with a two hour window to get back. Now we’ll do it on fewer days so that it doesn’t impact important ADR’s or Fp’s we may have on particular days.

But it still affects ADRs big time inside HS, If you had Savis and Droid Depot, there's a good chance you're gonna miss one or both if your BG is called at the same time. All this is going to do is create more upset guests

I think it really only affects people leaving or staying if you have decently earlyish to mid day boarding group. If you pull a fairly high number, you can watch the app on the phone and plan plenty time ahead to know when to start heading back, even with one hour return. But if I there on an 8 am open day and a boarding group I expect to be around noontime, I'd probably stay in the park.

I have a SDD at 5pm on my day. I am hoping for a later return but don't want to chance a backup group either. My worst scenario is mid day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter