READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although just taking a step back here - reports generally indicate flexibility on Disney's part all around when it comes to the BG return times, ADR conflicts, etc. Both at the ride, at the restaurant, or wherever the conflict arises. I can't imagine they would be so strict with the one hour time that it causes material problems. Not that they'd let you show up hours later and ride, but until proven otherwise I'll go ahead and give them the benefit of the doubt that they'll be flexible if you have some sort of reasonable conflict that kept you from making it in an hour.

It was hard enough trying to plan parks and days- leaving in wiggle room to get back when called. We don't go until mid March, so hoping the dust settles and they change from this to something else. All I know is the plans I had made are probably out the window now- definitely had hopping out as a strategy.

Whether the return time is one hour or two hours or maybe one or maybe the other, any planning that includes an attempt to get an ROTR BG has to have a lot of flexibility built in. Your day will be affected by what BG you get and how many delays and breakdowns there are at ROTR during the day. You might get a low BG that will be called in the first hour or two, or you might get a much higher BG, or even a backup BG that will not be called until after noon at the earliest. Or on the day you go the ride could have one of those breakdowns that lasts several hours and pushes everyone’s return times back.

Its sorta like a fastpass now that you don't get to choose. FP times are an hour (yeah I know there is a before and after grace period but its an hour). I still think they can add some smarts into the system based upon where you are staying (on or off property), what your other reservations and FPs are in the park, and how often you have ridden, but they won't. My visit March 3rd I have a 2:05 Savi reservation. I've been reading this thread everyday and following the progression of the system so I'll be curious to see how it is in a little over a month.

I'm sure Disney will be flexible and allow people to do the experiences and meals that they booked ahead of time if their BGs are called. The problem is that disrupts the flow for those restaurants/activities so they're going to have longer waits and backups.

I'm sure Disney will be flexible and allow people to do the experiences and meals that they booked ahead of time if their BGs are called, the problem is that disrupts the flow for those restaurants/activities so they're going to have longer waits and backups.
THIS is the biggest issue. It will affect not only people with bg but people without, along with operations for everything that requires a reservation

Whether the return time is one hour or two hours or maybe one or maybe the other, any planning that includes an attempt to get an ROTR BG has to have a lot of flexibility built in. Your day will be affected by what BG you get and how many delays and breakdowns there are at ROTR during the day. You might get a low BG that will be called in the first hour or two, or you might get a much higher BG, or even a backup BG that will not be called until after noon at the earliest. Or on the day you go the ride could have one of those breakdowns that lasts several hours and pushes everyone’s return times back.

I agree, it just goes completely against my need to plan out every minute with precision. lol

Been stuck on 27 for a while... Guess my BG67 will be called mid-afternoon if things get moving shortly... Maybe later if it's a bad day.

What's the 1 or 2 hour return time allowance based on?

We don't know yet. Reports so far (BGs 8-27 have been called at the moment) have indicated they have a one hour return time. Some are speculating it may be time of day based, some BG # based - TBD though.

Ride is down. We were told we come back any time today to ride. Stopped at 27

Its sorta like a fastpass now that you don't get to choose. FP times are an hour (yeah I know there is a before and after grace period but its an hour). I still think they can add some smarts into the system based upon where you are staying (on or off property), what your other reservations and FPs are in the park, and how often you have ridden, but they won't. My visit March 3rd I have a 2:05 Savi reservation. I've been reading this thread everyday and following the progression of the system so I'll be curious to see how it is in a little over a month.

Interesting. So maybe a "respond" push feature to your phone/account that gives you the hard option of:

Either you will make it in time, no exceptions
Or select an alternative BG time?

Maybe this would cause a cascading effect and wouldn't work.

The issue with 1 hour window in my mind is not a ADR so much as a FP. We have not seen reports here about people trying to scan in for FPs that they missed because they were stuck in line for their BG. If you get called into a 45 minute ROTR line 20 minutes before your SDD FP comes up, what do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter